[REMOVE ADS]

If You're Not Gonna Love Me Right

From Take Me Higher

miss_lish Guest
    Buttah and more Buttah!

Miss_Lish

What does Buttah mean?

I may may be wrong John but I think it means Butter More Butter More from Buttered Popcorn.

Anyway, I started a thread about this song a couple of months back and it was a nice song that should have been released.

It was released in the US, and actually hit #67 on the R&B chart. But it deserved much more.

Fantastic song and performance. Absolute class.

Eamonn

topdiva1 Guest
    Truthfully a fabulously done studio song. Done in an attempt to take Ross in a new sexy direction - following some of the hotter younger superstars at that time.

I fear the public will not allow Diana Ross to show whatever sexy side she has - as it falls to far from her image of glam.

However, anyone with ears can hear that this is a great effort by Ross to move in a new direction - but she remained caught in the dragnet of her fans that cannot except anything new and different from a great star.

THIS IS A GREAT SONG. DONE EXTREMELY WELL - from tracks to background - lead - total over all great production.

^ Definitely should've done better. A music video to this could've helped too. It's like every time Diana tried to change some fans were uncomfortable with it. Her video to "Gone" from the same album was brilliant.

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Miss_Lish

What does Buttah mean?

I would have only wrote it once, but the site has a character limitation. Buttah, is American Jewish humor, at least according to Saturday Night Live; like so rich, it melts.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ Definitely should've done better. A music video to this could've helped too. It's like every time Diana tried to change some fans were uncomfortable with it. Her video to "Gone" from the same album was brilliant.

Brilliant Indeed!!!

Diana did a lot of very good recording in the 2000's and 1990's but she is now a heritage artist, mostly off the radio except for the oldies and an icon, but not young enough to take off with the kids anymore. Shame.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana did a lot of very good recording in the 2000's and 1990's but she is now a heritage artist, mostly off the radio except for the oldies and an icon, but not young enough to take off with the kids anymore. Shame.
    It's very hard for any artist over 40 to score a hit single. Some are able to do well on the album charts, but pop radio is geared toward a younger demographic. Diana Ross had a better run than most--21 years, but she aged out of it. If You're Not Gonna Love Me Right is alright, but there are better songs on Take Me Higher, which is a very solid album.

Quoksituift Guest

Quoksituift Guest

When I became a fan of Diana Ross [[and Motown) it was the year of "When You Tell Me That You Love Me". It was a number 4 hit in the Netherlands. "Take Me Higher" came after that, did not peak high and at first I did not like the album. Later "Every Day Is A New Day" came out and I did not like it very much.

I guess I have to admit I am guilty in finding it difficult for Diana Ross to sing in another style that what made her a star.

Now...more than 10 years later I rediscovered both albums and I really, really like them. Great production, great voice and a great effort to connect with the public [[from those times).

Quoksituift Guest

Как это назыв&

Хочу совершать любимые дела. У меня множество любимых дел. Все дела очень стоящие по отношению ко мне и к другим людям. Это очень интересные дела! Я хочу, творить, хочу совершать, хочу строить, хочу действовать и добиваться больших результатов, но у меня не получается! Нету душевной силы! Я говорил себе, что я говно и мне от меня тошнит, - но стимула никакого. У меня большое желание к любимой работе. Ложусь спать, думаю встану рано утром и займусь любимыми делами, но утром встаю и ничего не делаю [[хочу очень сильно делать, но не делаю). Весь день тупо продёт и всё. Потом бьюсь об стенку, но также ничего. И так каждый день. А время проходит! Я ценю своё время, - оно у меня драгоценное. То есть, подсознание хочет, ценит и говорит действуй. А сознание всё отвергает. Моё сознание дерьмо, оно абсолютно ничего не хочет делать! Сознание оказывается сильнее и оно побеждает! Я должен вырваться из оков сознания, я должен действовать и помогать миру. Но у меня не получается. Посоветуйте, что делать?