[REMOVE ADS]

Rhythm, Soul and Love.......PBS

I'm not certain if PBS programming is consistent throughout the country, but if you can find Rhythm, Soul and Love do not miss it. It goes back a few years but, in my opinion, it is far and away one of the best presentations dished by TJ Lubinsky. Well done TJ. I'm putting this one in my saved section on my T.V.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I'm not certain if PBS programming is consistent throughout the country, but if you can find Rhythm, Soul and Love do not miss it. It goes back a few years but, in my opinion, it is far and away one of the best presentations dished by TJ Lubinsky. Well done TJ. I'm putting this one in my saved section on my T.V.
    Ralph it is one of his all time best programs. Detroit was heavily represented. I even bought the DVD with the extras.

I totally agree with you. I rarely see it on PBS, though. I was lucky enough to have been in the audience for that show.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I totally agree with you. I rarely see it on PBS, though. I was lucky enough to have been in the audience for that show.
    You were lucky because a number of the artists that appeared that night are no longer with us.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You were lucky because a number of the artists that appeared that night are no longer with us.
    I know, I feel very fortunate to have seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I know, I feel very fortunate to have seen them.
    I guess you were there to see the portions of the show that did not make it to the broadcast? I have the DVD with the extra songs and performances and I treasure it.

I can't find this on my PBS listings. Is it gone for good? Any chance of finding it on Comcast using On Demand?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I can't find this on my PBS listings. Is it gone for good? Any chance of finding it on Comcast using On Demand?
    Where are you located? Many areas are able to receive more than one PBS station.

Ralph it is one of his all time best programs. Detroit was heavily represented. I even bought the DVD with the extras.
    Hi Marv, is it this one ? https://www.amazon.com/Rhythm-Love-Soul/dp/B0000CEB6P

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Phil, yes! That's the one! Buy it!

This is the bonus performances DVD. I have this one too:

https://www.amazon.com/More-Rhythm-L...P3XC43RQENQWEY

Thanks Marv, more than $40.00 I'll pass on it !

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Thanks Marv, more than $40.00 I'll pass on it !
    I don't remember, but I know I did not pay that much for it back in 2003 or so.

I guess you were there to see the portions of the show that did not make it to the broadcast? I have the DVD with the extra songs and performances and I treasure it.
    Yes, I saw everything including the performances that didn't make the final show. In between, they chatted with some of the performers while getting ready for the next set. TJ gave kudos to Mary Wilson who stepped in to do some hosting duties that I believe Aretha was supposed to do. I had to laugh when she introduced the The Three Degrees and had to do it a few times including once where she said here are ... the girls, just like Ed Sullivan had done with the Supremes. Those who stayed were lucky enough to see Johnny Bristol sing Someday We'll Be Together live with Mary Wilson, with the artists all eventually joining in.

Oh now you say that jim I think I saw a couple of videos of this show a while back and have to say they were fantastic. I remember watching Dennis Edwards, Edwin Starr and Lou Rawls, and especially remember that last section with Johnny and Mary singing "Someday" with everyone joining in. Wonderful!!

Here is the finale :<a data-cke-saved-href="https://youtu.be/HbKUwxvGMVI" href="https://youtu.be/HbKUwxvGMVI">

I loved that show! Especially the Edwin Starr tunes...we did four as I remember, including S.O.S and Double-O-Soul.

Yes, it was great and TJ is right I think he did do 4 tunes. I just stumbled across this on You Tube, the full show:

Thank you for posting this Jim! I am thinking of uploading the bonus disc. Some good stuff on it too.

This really was an amazing, special show. Looking back at it now, I realize that so many artists that performed was the last time I would see them sing. This was the best music special of the last 20 years followed closely by Dionne Warwick and Friends Showtime Special that aired in 1988.