[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Nope, but Mike Love of the Beach Boys did when it was his turn to speak.....he slammed her! LOL!!!!
    He sure did, among other people that night, some of whom were in the audience: the Beatles, Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, I think even the Eagles. Mike's bandmates were so embarrassed. Today Mike attributes his comments to a joke that he was unable to reach a punch line for and his lack of meditation. Whatever the reason it was unprofessional. Could you imagine the fallout if Diana had gotten up there and went on some wild tirade?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    He sure did, among other people that night, some of whom were in the audience: the Beatles, Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, I think even the Eagles. Mike's bandmates were so embarrassed. Today Mike attributes his comments to a joke that he was unable to reach a punch line for and his lack of meditation. Whatever the reason it was unprofessional. Could you imagine the fallout if Diana had gotten up there and went on some wild tirade?
    I think Mike Love was on coke during the induction.

How come every Motown thread has always gotta compare to Diana? If folks really didn't like her, they wouldn't mention her at all. Obsession is a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I think Mike Love was on coke during the induction.
    It was the 80s so it's possible. Lol But the more likely cause is that Mike Love is supposedly considered one of the biggest buttholes in rock and roll and he was just being himself. He was challenging other artists, throwing shade at others, when the event was supposed to be a celebration of the inducted artists' accomplishments. Apparently Brian Wilson was coming out of his drug addiction and had written this heartfelt speech and Mike kept interrupting him and finally just threw the man off his mood and I don't think Brian got to finish his speech. [[I might be wrong about that last part.) Mike supposedly kicked Brian and other Beach Boys off the reunion tour a few years ago. And Diana is the bitch? Yeah, okay. Seems like to me Mike hasn't ran into the right one for his ass yet.

Lol. Check some other threads where Mary is brought up or compared!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    How come every Motown thread has always gotta compare to Diana? If folks really didn't like her, they wouldn't mention her at all. Obsession is a disease.
    That's not entirely true. I think these folks really don't like her. In fact they hate her and it's that hatred that fuels their need to interject Diana negatively into a thread. Same with the ones who do it using Mary. It is definitely obsession, but it's an obsession fueled by hatred and animosity for women who have done nothing to them. It appears most of this behavior in this forum is done by men. I wonder if this is all symptoms of issues they have with women? Their mothers perhaps? I don't know. I really don't understand the psychology of it but it's weird.

I will say this: I've noticed over a period of time things are not as bad as they have been at other times. We haven't had a thread deleted in months, nor one that has gone completely off the rails in a long time, at least that I've noticed. Hopefully the trend continues.

That's not entirely true. I think these folks really don't like her. In fact they hate her and it's that hatred that fuels their need to interject Diana negatively into a thread. Same with the ones who do it using Mary. It is definitely obsession, but it's an obsession fueled by hatred and animosity for women who have done nothing to them. It appears most of this behavior in this forum is done by men. I wonder if this is all symptoms of issues they have with women? Their mothers perhaps? I don't know. I really don't understand the psychology of it but it's weird.

I will say this: I've noticed over a period of time things are not as bad as they have been at other times. We haven't had a thread deleted in months, nor one that has gone completely off the rails in a long time, at least that I've noticed. Hopefully the trend continues.
    I think it's because we just know when to back away now. Every now and then you'll see a back and forth but most of the time people just move on.

He roasted Paul McCartney too. I can imagine Mr. Gordy and Ms Wilson squirming in their seats when it all went down. LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Lol. Check some other threads where Mary is brought up or compared!!
    You got that right. It could be about Jello Pudding and it will turn into "Bill Cosby invited Mary Wilson up on stage at the Apollo when she shouldn't have been there. She can't make pudding as good as Diane's! " LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 03-22-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Lol. Well stated!

Diana Ross has more class in her pinkie finger than half of her contemporaries. She would have never "roasted" anyone the way Mike Love tried to.

If Diana did the same thing Mike Love did, you wouldn't hear the last of it here. Same if Mary had done it.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame commitee does not have a clue. The Greatness is and will always be Martha, Annette, Rosalind, Betty, Lois AND SANDRA TILLEY

I do feel that if Lois was inducted, then why not Sandra? They were Vandellas for the same amount of time and for the same albums, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I do feel that if Lois was inducted, then why not Sandra? They were Vandellas for the same amount of time and for the same albums, right?
    Lois was there a little longer, having replaced Betty, while Sandra eventually replaced Roz.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I use to chat with a female cousin of Sandra's from Cleveland. She and her whole family were so very proud of Sandra. To me that is more valuable than a hit record or an award. I agree she should have been inducted if they were going to induct all the other former members of the group.

It is ironic that Sandra Tilly was not inducted when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is located in her hometown of Cleveland, Ohio!

A bit off topic: if memory serves me right, there was a thread a while back that Sandra was buried without a headstone. Does anyone remember this? And was this ever taken care of? Seems a shame.

I did read about it. Don't think it's been rectified. She died of an aneurysm in Vegas, right?