[REMOVE ADS]

Renee Zellweger To Play Judy Garland In New Biopic

Might seem like strange casting but you never know what can work. Many people had raised eyebrows when Diana Ross was cast as Billie Holiday . . . and she certainly ended up surprising many skeptics with her beautiful and exciting performance in that one. So, we'll just have to wait and see how this new project turns out.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b05b221800ab71
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 03-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.

The one production pic they released today looks quite good. There was a B'way production [[via: London) a few years ago titled 'End of the Rainbow' that covered this same period in Garland's life. It was quite dynamic and well-done and the lead Tracie Bennett as Judy was killer! I wonder if this movie is a version of the musical?

PNH - Here's some info on the new 'Judy' biopic:

http://people.com/movies/renee-zellw...st-look-photo/

I just saw this across the Internets. My God, that is stunning make-up! If she pulls this off, can you say "Oscar bait"?

Ok,she looks like her[good makeup job]i hope it works,i might have picked-anne hathaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    PNH - Here's some info on the new 'Judy' biopic:

http://people.com/movies/renee-zellw...st-look-photo/
    Thanks, Methuselah! I want this to be GOOD! Do you know anyone streaming the Kier Dullea / Sandy Dennis film 'The Fox'? I've been dying to see it again ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Thanks, Methuselah! I want this to be GOOD! Do you know anyone streaming the Kier Dullea / Sandy Dennis film 'The Fox'? I've been dying to see it again ...
    PNH - This one was much harder to find than I thought. Not on Netflix and only in bits and pieces on YouTube.

But if you install the app. called "Google Play Movies & TV," it will show it listed although currently not available. Then all you have to do is indicate you want to see it, and they'll notify you as soon as it's available. I've done this myself a few times and it does work. It might have taken a month or two to get the movies I wanted but they did get them and notified me. If I remember correctly, it cost something like $2.99 or $3.99 to rent each. If you go for HQ, the price is something like $5.99, or possibly higher. But the lower price versions were just fine, as is. I think they charge a credit card, and that's it.

Your request made me think of NASTY HABITS, the great Watergate scandal parody involving nuns in a convent in Philadelphia. Sandy Dennis was terrific in the John Dean role, as was Glenda Jackson as Nixon, Anne Meara as Gerald Ford, plus Geraldine Page, Anne Jackson, and many other great actresses. A fun movie--with Sandy Dennis a real standout. Here's the trailer in case you haven't seen the movie:

https://youtu.be/QrXaG0riXz0

Good luck with finding THE FOX.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 03-25-2018 at 05:30 AM.

She doesn’t even look like herself anymore!

Watched the trailer. Stunning make up and delivery! Reminds me of Jamie Foxx's turn as "Ray."
    I predict Oscar, Golden Globe, and big block bluster opening!! All just from a trailer. Imagine.