[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha cancels again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rs-orders.html

Aretha Franklin is canceling two upcoming concerts on doctor's orders.
    The Queen of Soul's management team says in a statement Friday that Franklin will not perform March 25 at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark, New Jersey. That show would have taken place on her 76th birthday.
    Franklin also won't appear April 28 at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Organizers say Rod Stewart will perform as the headliner instead.
    The statement says the singer has been ordered by her doctor to stay off the road and rest completely for at least the next two months.

It adds that Franklin is 'extremely disappointed she cannot perform as she had expected and hoped to.'
    Last year, Franklin announced her plans to retire, saying she would perform at 'some select things.'

I have to say the constant cancellations are becoming more concerning as she's getting older... it's obvious she's been ill for a while and has been since last year.

She is very lucky to have lived as long as she has. You cannot weigh as much as she has weighed at times in her life and not suffer debilitating and life threatening health issues

However her size may have assisted in powering her voice somehow
    Last edited by jobeterob; 03-19-2018 at 05:31 PM.

From Melba Moore.

22 hrs ·

Keeping my idol and Friend in Prayer #QueenArethaFranklin #Icon #Legend Please do not ask me questions about the Queen requesting privacy & Prayer���� Also please do not spread rumors #GodDontLikeUgly ���������������� Love Melba Moore #ForeverMoore

Melba is a good friend to both Diana & Aretha.

Nice message from Melba. I definitely don't think Aretha's in a good place health wise and she needs rest. She'll be 76 in six days and has been in the industry since she was 14. She deserves a rest, she shook up the world with her grand voice and inimitable style. If she retires at this point, I'll understand.

Stay strong, Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Melba is a good friend to both Diana & Aretha.
    She sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Nice message from Melba. I definitely don't think Aretha's in a good place health wise and she needs rest. She'll be 76 in six days and has been in the industry since she was 14. She deserves a rest, she shook up the world with her grand voice and inimitable style. If she retires at this point, I'll understand.

Stay strong, Queen.
    Lovely message Midnightman.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    From Melba Moore.

22 hrs ·

Keeping my idol and Friend in Prayer #QueenArethaFranklin #Icon #Legend Please do not ask me questions about the Queen requesting privacy & Prayer���� Also please do not spread rumors #GodDontLikeUgly ���������������� Love Melba Moore #ForeverMoore
    That a great re-post, Ms. Roberta - Melba seems quite wise! I will have kind thoughts for both Melba and Aretha today.

From Melba Moore.

22 hrs ·

With all due respect, I don’t think Melba’s name comes up when people think about Aretha Franklin. So, Melba does not need to worry herself about questions. Also, it was Melba HERSELF who injected herself in this discussion via her tweet. Until her tweet, I personally have not thought about Melba Moore in decades.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 03-20-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Maybe but Melba regularly seems to be in touch with Diana Ross and is quite supportive of her in Facebook posts; perhaps less so with Aretha Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    With all due respect, I don’t think Melba’s name comes up when people think about Aretha Franklin. So, Melba does not need to worry herself about questions. Also, it was Melba HERSELF who injected herself in this discussion via her tweet. Until her tweet, I personally have not thought about Melba Moore in decades.
    Ms Melba Moore attends Arethas holiday party every year and sometimes Aretha asks Melba to perform so yes she is a friend of Arethas.

Ms Melba Moore attends Arethas holiday party every year and sometimes Aretha asks Melba to perform so yes she is a friend of Arethas.
    My guess is that there are more of these lovely friendships than we mere mortals are aware of!

I also bet Aretha has more friends than she lets on too.

Melba posts congratulations to Diana from time to time on Facebook

I believe Diana also posted about Gloria Gaynor