[REMOVE ADS]

FRANKIE LYMON: FALLEN ANGEL - By Jeff MacGregor - Smithsonian Magazine - Jan. 2018

I get this magazine and I was happily surprised when I saw this. It is a good magazine if you like historical type of articles.

Yeah, but Frankie was no angel............hehehehehehe!

The article states that Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers were a major influence on the male groups that came afterwards when it is the complete opposite. Frankie's voice had the biggest impact on girl groups. Most of them have said that once they heard Frankie Lymon, they wanted to become singers. Arlene Smith/Chantels, Ronnie Bennett/the Ronettes, Darlene Love, Mary Wilson and Diane Ross /the Supremes have all said this.

Great article; thanks for sharing Methuselah2. While Frankie Lymon was far from an angel [[as other posters have noted), he was certainly one of the great Rock & Soul Music pioneers and influenced/inspired Legions of singers despite his short time at the top in the mid '50s.