[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross, At & In Peace:Diva Diana Ross still looks trendy on a trip to the grocery

Diva Diana Ross still looks trendy in biker boots at 66 on a trip to the grocery store
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 4:51 PM on 3rd February 2011
    Comments [[5) Add to My Stories While many women in their sixties tend to tone down their wardrobe as they get older, Diana Ross seems to just keep getting bolder.
    The 66-year-old diva was spotted wearing a trendy outfit as she left Bristol Farms grocery store, in Los Angeles today.
    In a fashion forward printed shirt, leggings and biker boots, the legendary American soul singer looked like she was having fun with her wardrobe.

Funky: Ageing American soul singer, Diana Ross was spotted wearing a fashion forward outfit as she left a grocery store in Los Angeles today
    With not a scrap of make-up, Diana also looked comfortable sporting a natural complexion.

Smiling for the cameras, she loaded her groceries into her car but not without some assistance from the most unlikely onlooker.

Much to Diana's delight, a friendly paparazzo dashingly came to the aid soul-stress.
    Natural: The singer chose to wear no make-up to run her errands
    Diana was shopping at Bristol Farms, a supermarket popular with many Hollywood stars.

She is currently taking time out from her More Today Than Yesterday-Greatest Hits tour.
    The tour, which commenced on May 15 last year has earned her rave reviews.
    All smiles: The 66-year-old not only sported some stylish clothes, but also a massive grin
    So much so, that an extended American roster of the shows began in September, 2010, and are scheduled to continue until March.
    It is rumoured that Diana will then continue the tour in European & Asia.
    She dedicated the tour to her close friend, pop icon Michael Jackson, who died in June 2009.
    Helping hand: A friendly paparazzo helped the singer load her groceries in the car
    Diana is next in line to be the guardian of his children if in the event of the death of Michael's mother, Katherine Jackson who currently has custody.

At the time of Michael's death, Diana stated that she wished to grieve in private, away from the close eye of the media.

She is herself the mother of five children, including three daughters and two sons, and a grandmother to one of her daughter's sons.
    Good friend: Diana was very close to the late Michael Jackson

© Associated Newspapers Ltd Contact us Terms Privacy policy Advertise with us

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1D8ZCZt7P

She wasnt that good friends with MJ that honour goes to Elisabeth Taylor..I have Diana on tape saying she hardly ever saw Michael..he obviously adored her to put her in his will but saying they were close is stretching things quote from Diana - "I havent really seen him in years..we spent a little time when he was recording his album but I dont see him often..." Diana is then asked a flippant queston - would you say he as a naughty child? she replied "No he was very good..very shy hes actually an artist he paints and draws no,he was a good child.." [[ Diana speaking to Chris Evans)

topdiva1 Guest
    ^ Thanks for posting TRUTH!!!

supreme_lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    She wasnt that good friends with MJ that honour goes to Elisabeth Taylor..I have Diana on tape saying she hardly ever saw Michael..he obviously adored her to put her in his will but saying they were close is stretching things quote from Diana - "I havent really seen him in years..we spent a little time when he was recording his album but I dont see him often..." Diana is then asked a flippant queston - would you say he as a naughty child? she replied "No he was very good..very shy hes actually an artist he paints and draws no,he was a good child.." [[ Diana speaking to Chris Evans)
    How do you know that Diana wasn't close and wasn't a good friend to Michael???? just because you don't see them together in public as we use to doesn't mean they are not close anymore, just because she doesn't see him often doesn't mean that they don't keep in touch with each other in other ways, they could have been in touch with each other throuigh phone calls etc..... and Evan has said he was in touch and close with Michael until his death, so I really can't see how Evan could be close to Michael and not Diana.
    Well, all I can say is that Michael must'nt have thought that much of his friendship with Liz Taylor, I don't see her name or any of his other so called friends anywhere in his WILL, so it's obvious that Michael cherished his relationship with Diana more than any other friends he's had, Diana was the only non relative in his WILL, that says a lot on how he felt about her.

PS:- And did you know as well that Diana was suppose to be one of the special guest at Michael's "THIS IS IT" tour in London that unfortunately never happened????
    Last edited by supreme_lady; 02-07-2011 at 04:25 AM.

miss_lish Guest
    Honestly, who gives a fuck? Whatever relationship that was or was not, isn't that their business?

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Honestly, who gives a fuck? Whatever relationship that was or was not, isn't that their business?
    Odd coming from you - who feels free to jump into Mary Wilson's business.

topdiva1 Guest

Thanks for posting this info, as I know it to be true.

He wouldn't go to her wedding and she wouldn't go to his funeral!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He wouldn't go to her wedding and she wouldn't go to his funeral!
    Some bunch of friends - huh! LOL - at any rate - what does it matter. May MJ rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Some bunch of friends - huh! LOL - at any rate - what does it matter. May MJ rest in peace.
    Tough love all the way around.....LOL!

RIP Mike

Quote Originally Posted by supreme_lady View Post
    How do you know that Diana wasn't close and wasn't a good friend to Michael???? just because you don't see them together in public as we use to doesn't mean they are not close anymore, just because she doesn't see him often doesn't mean that they don't keep in touch with each other in other ways, they could have been in touch with each other throuigh phone calls etc..... and Evan has said he was in touch and close with Michael until his death, so I really can't see how Evan could be close to Michael and not Diana.
    Well, all I can say is that Michael must'nt have thought that much of his friendship with Liz Taylor, I don't see her name or any of his other so called friends anywhere in his WILL, so it's obvious that Michael cherished his relationship with Diana more than any other friends he's had, Diana was the only non relative in his WILL, that says a lot on how he felt about her.

PS:- And did you know as well that Diana was suppose to be one of the special guest at Michael's "THIS IS IT" tour in London that unfortunately never happened????
    Supreme Lady
    You are correct that Evan and Michael had recently been in contact. Diana and Michael had a Long Lasting relationship that did not require them to be in the public eye in order to prove friendship.

aint we had this stuff once?
    come on jobete your stuff is better than this,shopping trips?
    is this where the "diva" has got to? give me a break!
    toilet rolls isle 4!
    Last edited by tamla617; 02-07-2011 at 03:24 PM.

You are right Tamla.

The other thread got deleted because a couple of the nags that are posting above got into a pissing match on the other thread and turned it into a bitchfest, like all those Three Degrees threads that are gone.

But there are people that didn't see the pics and one lady, Supreme Lady, was hurt by the treatment she got from one of the nags.

So, I reposted it and it's so great to see a star age so comfortably. And the nags don't like it.

As for Mr. Jackson's confidence and relationship with Miss Ross, he gave his children's care to her after his Mother ~ not to his father, his brothers or sisters, not Berry Gordy or any other Motown act; he gave the care of those he loved most to Diana; be careful of making fun of it and him - Mike might fire a lightning bolt into your ass for making fun of him!

Tamla, I'll post a more headline worthy world news item shortly to make up for it!

Diana is in Michael's will, the only people in Michael's will besides her are his kids and his mother. If anything was to happen to Katherine, Diana will be looking after those kids... ain't like they're too little: Prince is or will be 14 in a few days, Paris turns 13 this April, and Prince Michael II [[Blanket) will be nine this month.

Anyways... Diana looks good from the pictures I saw. I was hard on her a few years ago at another thread for some stupid reason but I realize that people age and she seems to be aging gracefully...considering all she's been through.

In that picture with the Lays chips, her eyes and face look pretty darn puffy. I wonder if they were doctored up somehow.

supreme_lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    You are right Tamla.

The other thread got deleted because a couple of the nags that are posting above got into a pissing match on the other thread and turned it into a bitchfest, like all those Three Degrees threads that are gone.

But there are people that didn't see the pics and one lady, Supreme Lady, was hurt by the treatment she got from one of the nags.

So, I reposted it and it's so great to see a star age so comfortably. And the nags don't like it.

As for Mr. Jackson's confidence and relationship with Miss Ross, he gave his children's care to her after his Mother ~ not to his father, his brothers or sisters, not Berry Gordy or any other Motown act; he gave the care of those he loved most to Diana; be careful of making fun of it and him - Mike might fire a lightning bolt into your ass for making fun of him!

Tamla, I'll post a more headline worthy world news item shortly to make up for it!
    The haters can make fun of Michael and Diana's relationship all they want, but Michael's WILL spoke for itself and how he felt about Diana, she was the only non relative named in his WILL and he named and chose her over his own siblings, if that doesn't prove his loyalty, trust and love towards Diana, then I don't know what does.
    It's a well known fact that Michael didn't attend Diana's wedding because he was heart-broken & jealous to learn that she was getting married [[Michael himself said so in his authbiography "MOONWALK") and Diana never attend Michael's funeral because she wanted to grieve in private, nothing wrong with that, so don't get it twisted.

smark21 Guest
    The haters can make fun of Michael and Diana's relationship all they want, but Michael's WILL spoke for itself and how he felt about Diana, she was the only non relative named in his WILL and he named and chose her over his own siblings, if that doesn't prove his loyalty, trust and love towards Diana, then I don't know what does.
    It's a well known fact that Michael didn't attend Diana's wedding because he was heart-broken & jealous to learn that she was getting married [[Michael himself said so in his authbiography "MOONWALK") and Diana never attend Michael's funeral because she wanted to grieve in private, nothing wrong with that, so don't get it twisted.
    WASn't Diana Ross surprised to hear that she was annoited back up mother of the kids? If so, that's not the most courteous thing to do. She's in her mid 60's now and she probably thought her child rearing days were over. I think that will provision is more of a testament of how disconnected from reality MIchael was at the time he had that will drafted.

topdiva1 Guest
    The simple truth why Diana did not go to the funereal is because she was about to become a grandmother at any minute. Rhonda had a difficult pregnancy and had already lost at other attempts to have a child and Miss Ross as any mother would - wanted to be near her child and grandchild - nothing more nothing less.

I am sure MJ would have agreed that this was the right thing to do - and now the wonderful Rhonda is a proud mom - and MJ still hopefully is finally at peace.

So just Stop!!!!

miss_lish Guest
    She told you this personally, Tony?

What I'd like to know, is why the status of Miss Ross's relationship with Michael is meaningful to so many? If they were good friends and totally close, or if they hated one another, what happens? The truth is, none of us know, the mystery is why anyone cares.

I think Miss Lish, it is meaningful because people want warmth, happiness, a happy ending to things. And as Michael's story is over, his fans especially search for some happiness in his life and he didn't really have many close relationships.

Generally people want things to work well except for that small minority of people that never stop complaining........people want finales like Motown at the Apollo where Diana and Patti worked together, where George Michael, El Debarge, Emmanuel Lewis, Jesse Jackson and others brought down the house at the end.

miss_lish Guest
    Yes, I agree; we all like happy endings; however, that rarely is the case. I think the perversity comes into play when fans become overly emotional with regard to whichever icon they worship and project their own personal wishes and desires, stating them as if they really know the circumstances and the people involved.

The debate over whether or not they were close is moot; no one on this forum know what that relationship was, and yet, there are those speak with authority as experts; not offering opinions, but presenting their emotional entanglement as being factual. At times going so far as to represent what was in this or that celebrities mind at any given time. Creepy.
    Last edited by miss_lish; 02-08-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    In that picture with the Lays chips, her eyes and face look pretty darn puffy. I wonder if they were doctored up somehow.
    Or maybe she was sleepy. You know grandchildren can drive you nuts sometimes lol Diana's never experienced grand parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    WASn't Diana Ross surprised to hear that she was annoited back up mother of the kids? If so, that's not the most courteous thing to do. She's in her mid 60's now and she probably thought her child rearing days were over. I think that will provision is more of a testament of how disconnected from reality MIchael was at the time he had that will drafted.
    Uh, uh......she was more than surprised. hehehehehehehe!!!!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    this Ross girl has always attracted much chatter over nothing - I am sure she can give less than a damn.

^ That's because she's one of the original queens of modern day pop music and part of a rich history [[she's connected to building the Motown sound and rightfully so). Plus, she has a connection with Michael Jackson so that helped to bring her back in the news. I wonder if she'll talk about the will on "Oprah". There's a reason why he went for Diana instead of his siblings when you really think about it. Michael didn't trust many people, especially those in his family.

topdiva1 Guest
    ^ with good reason. Ross is a class act for sure - and that is what you will get - a masterclass in class and how to be a superstar - she will come off extremely relaxed, happy, calm - and thus very likeable - which is something that did not follow her in her early years.

Supreme lady and Miss Lish - I based my belief on Dianas own words I worked at EMI and saved all the interviews I could she told Chris Evans "I havent seen him in years..I dont see him often" that is what she said and I have no reason to doubt her..If you havent seen someone for years and dont see them often thats hardly makes you close,you still care for them yes..I have no doubt they cared for each other but I can count on one hand hand the times its been reported they saw each other and Diana herself said they dont - there from the horses mouth..
    did she speak publicly when he went through the worst publicity as star has ever endured ? or was Elisabeth taylor there helping him? he never said Diana was a part of his life he just said he loved her very much but people I know who follow Michael have never said she was around..thats just the way history played out..Im sure she was devasted by his death but ive never heard of her being in the Jackson circle in the later years..

miss_lish Guest
    My comments weren't directed at you nomis. Your posts are always well documented.

thanks Honey Ive been doing alot of research into Michaels life I recently bought something like 50 hours of fans footage filming him and Im reading about his lawsuits etc..Dianas name dosent come up in anything Ive looked into- the most he said was he loved her and thought she was a great entertainer....I wouldnt be surprised if the last time she saw him alive was the limo ride to Lizas wedding

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ That's because she's one of the original queens of modern day pop music and part of a rich history [[she's connected to building the Motown sound and rightfully so). Plus, she has a connection with Michael Jackson so that helped to bring her back in the news. I wonder if she'll talk about the will on "Oprah". There's a reason why he went for Diana instead of his siblings when you really think about it. Michael didn't trust many people, especially those in his family.
    His Mom, Katherine says that Diana turned him against his own flesh and blood [[family).

Supreme lady and Miss Lish - I based my belief on Dianas own words I worked at EMI and saved all the interviews I could she told Chris Evans "I havent seen him in years..I dont see him often" that is what she said and I have no reason to doubt her..If you havent seen someone for years and dont see them often thats hardly makes you close,you still care for them yes..I have no doubt they cared for each other but I can count on one hand hand the times its been reported they saw each other and Diana herself said they dont - there from the horses mouth..
    did she speak publicly when he went through the worst publicity as star has ever endured ? or was Elisabeth taylor there helping him? he never said Diana was a part of his life he just said he loved her very much but people I know who follow Michael have never said she was around..thats just the way history played out..Im sure she was devasted by his death but ive never heard of her being in the Jackson circle in the later years..

Kinda like the situation with Mary Wilson and Diana Ross huh?

This is all very interesting. Bobbie, Diane's sister says she has never even met Michael Jackson. You would think in the nearly 40 years since Diana Ross has known and been so close to him that she should have at least met him once.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-09-2011 at 12:26 AM.

No Marv Marys a whole different ball park..
    I think he was awed by her..she was his childhood mentor and when his dark days arrived I just dont think he had the kind of relationship to reach out to her the way he could Elisabeth,Lisa Marie,Liza or Sophia Loren no one mentions late night calls from Diana but they do with the others..same with Berry he liked to be a winner and its only natural he wouldnt let his guard down around him or Diana they had shaped his career but there was a distance maybe he didnt want them to see him vulnerable or hurt and truth be told they are both pretty hard nosed about show buisness and might not of understood his despair and anger..

Diana said once that Michael pretty much blocked himself from the world and she couldn't reach him. Michael was dealing with serious issues and whether it be drugs or mental issues, it is common to isolate yourself. So with that in mind, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that just because they didn't see each other often in later years, they weren't "close". In a physical sense, perhaps. But, the love was still there. Either Tracee or Evan said how it would be surreal seeing Michael Jackson dancing in your living room with your siblings. I took that to mean at least since the boys were born. Evan has even said lately how Michael would call him at the clubs. That kid is still young and hasn't been clubbing that long, so that brings us to recent [[prior to death) time. Plus the fact that at least up to the time of the will- the 90's I think, he held Diana in high regards. Whatever they were, its between them. Not for us to speculate. The fact remains, he named her in his will.

miss_lish Guest
    snaps @ skoodem!!!

good points Skool -Im not saying they were not close Im saying he didnt reach out to her the way he did with the other ladys Ive mentioned..if you idolise someone they could be the last person you would seek for help since he was 8 she was a regal busy superstar Im gonna ask some Michael experts about this but from what Ive read so far it came as a surprise to fans,watchers and The Jackson family when Diana was named in the will just by the fact she hadnt been round for so long Close yes but based on the past I strongly belive his awe of her stopped him from letting her help with his poor soul

Michael's will was only done 7 years before his death and it was carefully crafted. As the article on the General Music Forum states, it is nearly untouchable.

Michaels family actually was so out of touch with him that they applied for probate on the assumption there was no Will. That is how out of touch they were.

The only basis for the suggestion that Diana Ross did not know she was named guardian was some apparently overheard conversation of Evan's in a noisy restaurant ~ hardly reliable. I will tell you that when drawing a Will, any lawyer will advise people to consult the Guardians to make sure they will do it; they can always decline. Mrs. Jackson was not young when the Will was drafted. She will have to live into her 90's before the children are adults and they need a guardian until they reach the age of majority ~ is it 18, 19, or 21 in California? The words used in that will need to be looked at carefully because it is entirely possible that Diana Ross will end up as the legal guardian or at least the youngest of the children.

And who better to be your children's guardian than someone who has raised 5 sterling examples of what a child should be, someone who does her own shopping without makeup and someone who is still working hard in a very successful way when she is a grandmother?

topdiva1 Guest
    It's all so unusual - but then we are talking about the gifted MJ and the fabulous Diana Ross.

The friendship and it's extent will of course be discussed in a controlled and guarded way on Oprah. Miss Ross will clear it all up, you guys, real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Michael's will was only done 7 years before his death and it was carefully crafted. As the article on the General Music Forum states, it is nearly untouchable.

Michaels family actually was so out of touch with him that they applied for probate on the assumption there was no Will. That is how out of touch they were.

The only basis for the suggestion that Diana Ross did not know she was named guardian was some apparently overheard conversation of Evan's in a noisy restaurant ~ hardly reliable. I will tell you that when drawing a Will, any lawyer will advise people to consult the Guardians to make sure they will do it; they can always decline. Mrs. Jackson was not young when the Will was drafted. She will have to live into her 90's before the children are adults and they need a guardian until they reach the age of majority ~ is it 18, 19, or 21 in California? The words used in that will need to be looked at carefully because it is entirely possible that Diana Ross will end up as the legal guardian or at least the youngest of the children.

And who better to be your children's guardian than someone who has raised 5 sterling examples of what a child should be, someone who does her own shopping without makeup and someone who is still working hard in a very successful way when she is a grandmother?
    If that scenario were to ever happen, she will decline! I am surprised at you.

I remember when I first heard of the will and I think it was Latoya at the time that said there has to be another will. I remember thinking and saying to a very close friend of the family at the time that Michael's family really don't know him.

Michael was a middle aged adult and had little contact with his siblings; he was no different than most people in that respect. HIS family was him and his children. The public sees the family as "the Jackson 5" but that ended about 30 years ago.

Mrs. Jackson doesn't provide day to day care in the sense a Mother would; I'm sure some of the $20,000 a month goes to a cook and housekeeper and nanny.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I remember when I first heard of the will and I think it was Latoya at the time that said there has to be another will. I remember thinking and saying to a very close friend of the family at the time that Michael's family really don't know him.

Key word of wisdom here is LaTOYA. Good lord!!! Toy is a mess!!!

MOST of Michaels longtime, close friends did not attend that memorial. No Quincy, Liza, Liz, or Diana to name a few. That has to say something about how they felt with the idea.

I remember reading at that time that the Jackson women all wanted to do something more private. It was Jermaine and the brothers who fought for the public memorial concert. Which, as nice as it was, was a bit over the top.

It now reads like "most of the family wasn't very close to him anymore and saw his death as an opportunity to go public and make some money". Those that cared most about him kept their distance. I wonder if there was any communication between Quincy, Liz, Diana and/or Liza.

Quincy's mad at the Jacksons to this day for not thanking him for what he did for Michael. He thinks Joe Jackson is a jerk also.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Diana said once that Michael pretty much blocked himself from the world and she couldn't reach him. Michael was dealing with serious issues and whether it be drugs or mental issues, it is common to isolate yourself. So with that in mind, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that just because they didn't see each other often in later years, they weren't "close". In a physical sense, perhaps. But, the love was still there. Either Tracee or Evan said how it would be surreal seeing Michael Jackson dancing in your living room with your siblings. I took that to mean at least since the boys were born. Evan has even said lately how Michael would call him at the clubs. That kid is still young and hasn't been clubbing that long, so that brings us to recent [[prior to death) time. Plus the fact that at least up to the time of the will- the 90's I think, he held Diana in high regards. Whatever they were, its between them. Not for us to speculate. The fact remains, he named her in his will.
    He filed the will in 2002. Other than that, exactly.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thaperson View Post
    MOST of Michaels longtime, close friends did not attend that memorial. No Quincy, Liza, Liz, or Diana to name a few. That has to say something about how they felt with the idea.

I remember reading at that time that the Jackson women all wanted to do something more private. It was Jermaine and the brothers who fought for the public memorial concert. Which, as nice as it was, was a bit over the top.

Well that is Jermaine.