[REMOVE ADS]

"A music lovers playground": An inside look at the Motown Museum expansion

Great Article! Reading this piece really makes me want to go and visit The Motown Museum. Thanks Marv2.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Great Article! Reading this piece really makes me want to go and visit The Motown Museum. Thanks Marv2.
    You're welcome Motown Eddie. The Museum has come a long way from 1986 when we were going through dusty boxes of album cover art, news articles and photos taken by Mrs. Edwards back in the 60s.

When is the expanded museum due to be completed, I would love to visit, but travelling from the UK, I want to experience the museum at its best.

Thank you for posting Marv. I finally made it to the museum 2 years ago, and it was a tranformative event. Some of my highlights were seeing my daughter a singer, have a go, singing at the echo chamber that enhanced the vocal sound that could never be duplicated. Getting props from our tour guide for having my Motown facts in order. Being in the midst of folks who thought it was a good idea to spend time and money hanging out on West Grand Boulevard. And finally, as a musician, to spend precious moments in silence after everyone else had left the room meditating in the Snakepit. I will never forget July 12th, 2016!

I'm flattered that they named the studio after me.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown4Ever518 View Post
    Thank you for posting Marv. I finally made it to the museum 2 years ago, and it was a tranformative event. Some of my highlights were seeing my daughter a singer, have a go, singing at the echo chamber that enhanced the vocal sound that could never be duplicated. Getting props from our tour guide for having my Motown facts in order. Being in the midst of folks who thought it was a good idea to spend time and money hanging out on West Grand Boulevard. And finally, as a musician, to spend precious moments in silence after everyone else had left the room meditating in the Snakepit. I will never forget July 12th, 2016!
    You are welcome Motown4Ever518. I am personally proud of how far and how much the Museum has grown. Back when I was I volunteer there, the tour guides weren't even born yet. LOL! It really is a wonderful place and the current staff go along way in keeping the Motown spirit alive in Detroit. I am very happy you had a memorable visit. Visit again!

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I'm flattered that they named the studio after me.
    Snakepit! LOL!!!!!!!!!