[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye - You're the One for Me

Co-written by Stevie Wonder. I wonder why Stevie never recorded his own version lol

That production is so solemn and soulful... just a hint of where both Marvin & Stevie were gonna take their music imho

I was just listening to this today. One of those perfect songs in my book. I love every single aspect of it. That melody is so haunting. As soon as he starts singing "Maybe there'll come a time when I won't be sad and lonely...", I know I'm in for an emotional ride.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  21.1 KB
    Gotta love a Soul song with bagpipes! Maybe they got some use out of picking up "We're Off To Dublin in The Green" by The Abbey Tavern Singers, after all?

Good pick MidnightMan! Yes indeed; Marvin Gaye's "You're The One For Me" is a great song and a good indicator of where both Marvin & Stevie Wonder would go in the '70s [[and who knows if a version recorded by Stevie is still in the Motown Vaults).

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  21.1 KB
    Gotta love a Soul song with bagpipes! Maybe they got some use out of picking up "We're Off To Dublin in The Green" by The Abbey Tavern Singers, after all?
    I don’t believe there are “bagpipes” on the recording. I believe elsewhere [[a precious Motown forum?) it was stated to be a Melodica. If you listen to it closely, you can also hear a few flubs in the performance—as perhaps someone [[Stevie?) wasn’t totally comfortable/familiar with playing the Melodica, but did their best. Bagpipes on a Motown song recorded at Hitsville, though...? No, I doubt it.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodica

Yeah I think Stevie played the Melodica on this... it would sound like something he would do later especially with the synthesizers, it definitely sounds like his hands are on it. Very progressive for 1966.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I don’t believe there are “bagpipes” on the recording. I believe elsewhere [[a precious Motown forum?) it was stated to be a Melodica. If you listen to it closely, you can also hear a few flubs in the performance—as perhaps someone [[Stevie?) wasn’t totally comfortable/familiar with playing the Melodica, but did their best. Bagpipes on a Motown song recorded at Hitsville, though...? No, I doubt it.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodica
    Forget me not,Martha and Vandellas maybe ha,cheers.