[REMOVE ADS]

Trying To Hold On To My Woman - Lamont Dozier

This was number one in my area for weeks in the Winter of 1972-73. A great classic by Lamont Dozier:

Thank you, Marv!
    This is also one of my desert island pics.

Best regards
    Heikki

Great clip Marv, Lamont Dozier is touring The UK this summer, hoping to catch him in Blackpool. We all know what a legendary song writer he was but he was also a great singer. Perhaps Motown should have promoted him as a singing artist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    Thank you, Marv!
    This is also one of my desert island pics.

Best regards
    Heikki
    You're most welcome Heikki. This one is a bona fide classic!

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Great clip Marv, Lamont Dozier is touring The UK this summer, hoping to catch him in Blackpool. We all know what a legendary song writer he was but he was also a great singer. Perhaps Motown should have promoted him as a singing artist as well.
    He definitely knew how to deliver a song. The meaning of the song so that everyone "got it". That's not easy. I've never seen Lamont perform on stage, but I've met him before. You should really try to go and see him.

I have never heard this song before. I could see Lamont, if he were signed to Motown as a singer, on the Soul label. Definite shades of Johnny Taylor too.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I have never heard this song before. I could see Lamont, if he were signed to Motown as a singer, on the Soul label. Definite shades of Johnny Taylor too.
    He did not have a huge range or was a soul shouter, but he was smooth and a superb interpreter of lyrics.