[REMOVE ADS]

Creative Funk's 'Ready Made Family'

THIS ONE got lots of airplay on Newark NJ's 2 AM soul stations in 1972 -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YcD1z9AG_0

For some reason I thought this would be a funk song Turns out it's a slow ballad, a nice one though.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    For some reason I thought this would be a funk song Turns out it's a slow ballad, a nice one though.
    Hi Tom! Glad you liked it. It was quite a good-sized hit here in NJ's soul market. I mis-remembered it being by Creative Source. Was quite a social-commentary record at the time. Not much info on the group to be found ...

I remember this one well! Creative Funk's "Ready Made Family" also received a lot of airplay on NYC's WBLS-FM when it came out in 1972 [[and I picked up a copy of the song when it was a hit). It's still a memorable song with a thought provoking message [[and a great vocal from Diane Jenkins). Also of note is that the band had their own 'Creative Funk' record label & production company [[dist. by Bell Records).

Couldn't find any info about Creative Funk either. According to Discogs, the band only made a handful of singles and no albums [[however, the Creative Funk record label would release singles on a variety of acts thorough 1990).

Interesting info and thanks for finding it; I believe I still have my single of this record. 3:55 was rather long playtime in those days.