[REMOVE ADS]

Say hello to fred saxon

Fred and I go a long way back. I suppose if anyone is like a brother to me, it is Fred. We grew up playing music together before drifting into the music business and production. Fred wore many hats during his journey, spanning the record business and television. You might want to visit his website http://www.fredsaxon.com. It is quite impressive. So, along the way, Fred manages to produce a Northern Soul classic "Head and Shoulders" with Patti Young. Pretty impressive, I think. The link below is a video of Fred and me in San Diego a couple of years back, for those of you that may have missed it.

So say hello to Brother Fred. He will be happy to answer your questions.

https://youtu.be/MmMS8paW_Q8
    Last edited by ralpht; 03-06-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Hello Fred
    A big favourite of mine..Patti Young
    "Head and Shoulders"
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N8adXuPH3RU

You're the most from coast to coast..great line.
    Last edited by snakepit; 03-06-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Fred
    Don't know if you are familiar with this version...not as good 😀
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWlUTQ7v96U

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Fred
    Don't know if you are familiar with this version...not as good 😀
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWlUTQ7v96U

That sounds like the original demo I got from the publisher in NYC, took it back to Detroit where Mike Theodore and I did the single on Patti Young. Not uncommon for a demo to become a single. I think "Candida" by "Dawn" was originally a demo. Dawn was the name of the group on the record to protect Tony Orlando's job with April Blackwood Music.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_O...#Early_history

Hi Ralph, here's one record which brings together all of your gang when you were at Tera Sherma Do you remember it? Do you or Fred have copy of it? It would be interesting to hear it, it is not available on youtube nor anywhere else as far as I can ascertain. Cheers Mike

Name:  street of shame.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  51.7 KB
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 03-06-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Hello Fred Saxon, how are you?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Hi Ralph, here's one record which brings together all of your gang when you were at Tera Sherma Do you remember it? Do you or Fred have copy of it? It would be interesting to hear it, it is not available on youtube nor anywhere else as far as I can ascertain. Cheers Mike

Was that label named after Palmer Park?

Found the other side on YouTube.......cowritten and arranged by Fred Saxon, produced by Fred.... it is going for anywhere between $50 and $100 on websites
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Erj512hdYs
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 03-06-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Marv, to my knowledge, Palmer Records was not named after Palmer Park. A place I attended many family picnics way back when.

Mike. I don't have a copy of the Palmer version. In fact, until now, I never knew it existed.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Marv, to my knowledge, Palmer Records was not named after Palmer Park. A place I attended many family picnics way back when.
    Hey thanks Ralph!

Before going solo, Patti was a member of the Young Sisters. When I was in The Sunliners, I got involved with them and wanted to be their manager. I was in competition with another managerial group and would lose out to them. I believe Harry Balk had them for a while on Impact Records. The group would eventually break up and Ernie Stratton Would Sign Patti as a single artist to Ernstrat Productions and Fred became her producer.

Ralph, Fred would either of you know or remember A baritone sax player named Norm Rau or Norm Ray, that played on some of the sixties hits with the Funk Brothers?

Marv, I'm not familiar with the name. Maybe when Fred looks in he will have more info for you.

Marv, I'm not familiar with the name. Maybe when Fred looks in he will have more info for you.
    Thank you Ralph. I had never heard of him before, but his son is saying that he played on some of those HDH productions. I hope it is not another of those Carol McKay deals. LOL!

Hard to say, Marv. I would guess that HDH were using Mike Terry on Bari. Carol KAY Marv. A true idiot.

Ralph,
    Speaking of saxophonist s, I met a guy in Bomacs.
    I remembered his name as Lasley/Lazley, and I recall he mentioned his connection with Chuck Jackson.
    I've just read that a Philbert Lasley was in Chuck's road band, and played on his "Tribute to R&B " LPs.
    Must be the same guy...did you know him.?

No I don't, Snake.

Ok thanks Ralph

Hard to say, Marv. I would guess that HDH were using Mike Terry on Bari. Carol KAY Marv. A true idiot.
    Ralph! LOL!!!!!!!

Street of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post

I only have it on MP3

Don't recall the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Saxon View Post
    Don't recall the name.
    Thank you Fred.

I had never heard of him before, but his son is saying that he played on some of those HDH productions accainsurancedeals. I hope it is not another of those Carol McKay deals. LOL!