[REMOVE ADS]

West Grand blog: More Motown Girls

http://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandb...t-talkin-girls

contains an unfamiliar [[to me) Lewis Sisters photo

Pretty good read despite being a little on the safe side. What interested me the most was the massive amount of songs Liz Lands recorded. I never would've imagined that,given the fact Liz never had a hit or even turned a profit for the company. She recorded in a variety of styles,my only question would be is how many are pop oriented?. She has 8 albums worth of material in the vault [[applying the 12 song limit) and Paul Nixon and Co. never released an anthology,which makes me question the quality. Motown UK could've easily assembled half of her output if the tracks were/are worthy. So many questions. I guess it goes to show how much Berry Gordy believed in her and how proactive he could keep an artist while keeping costs down. This article made me more curious about Sal Prado, Bobby Breen, Sammy Turner, The Versatones, George Fowler, The Headliners,etc. Very interesting indeed.
    Last edited by Quinn; 03-03-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Wow, very interesting about Liz Lands. 8 albums' worth of material! Unbelievable that so little ever came out. I'd love to hear more of her. She was certainly striking looking and I love her "We Shall Overcome." Good article, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Pretty good read despite being a little on the safe side. What interested me the most was the massive amount of songs Liz Lands recorded. I never would've imagined that,given the fact Liz never had a hit or even turned a profit for the company. She recorded in a variety of styles,my only question would be is how many are pop oriented?. She has 8 albums worth of material in the vault [[implying the 12 song limit) and Paul Nixon and Co. never released an anthology,which makes me question the quality. Motown UK could've easily assembled half of her input if the tracks were/are worthy. So many questions. I guess it goes to show how much Berry Gordy believed in her and how proactive he could keep an artist while keeping costs down. This article made me more curious about Sal Prado, Bobby Breen, Sammy Turner, The Versatones, George Fowler, The Headliners,etc. Very interesting indeed.

It's all a matter of taste I know but I have never been that keen on much I have heard by Miss Greer - as you say much of it is not in the familiar Motown style, now Sammy Turner and the Headliners now you are talking my kinda Motown

Adam's newest West grand blog entry- 'Motown Crosses the Atlantic' contains a TMI ad that features current artists. I find the third entry to be quite revealing
    Name:  booklet+2.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  23.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    It's all a matter of taste I know but I have never been that keen on much I have heard by Miss Greer - as you say much of it is not in the familiar Motown style, now Sammy Turner and the Headliners now you are talking my kinda Motown
    Surely Liz Lands and Paula Greer aren't one and the same - or are they?

A hint that this may be the last CD in the series..a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    A hint that this may be the last CD in the series..a shame.
    Oops, I missed the “hint.”

The hint comes from Sharon Davis' blog.