I haven't had much experience with Mary's solo years post-Supremes, and I have yet to see her live. What does a typical modern Mary Wilson set typically consist of? The only full concert I've listened to from her was her first solo outing and a few clips of the Supremes hit medleys she's done over the years.

Does she ever sing the great ballads she did post-Diana? Do fans ever get to hear Supremes Mary Wilson solos like The Tears and anything else besides their most obvious hits? It just seems strange to me that Mary insists on singing many of the Supremes songs she either wasn't present on or sang backup. I have no problem with other Supremes members singing lead on tracks they weren't originally lead or present on -- once a Supreme, always a Supreme, and I'll never take away those ladies' rights to sing the songs that made the group famous. I don't even have an issue with Mary singing Diana's tracks, but I just find it odd that I never hear her singing all the great lesser-known Supremes songs that feature her on lead even though they are out there. Even if the crowd isn't familiar with certain singles and album cuts, Mary could certainly educate the crowd with song about why those tunes were great.

To me, Mary Wilson is synonymous with a sexy, understated alto that really came into its own in the 1970s when she was given more of a spotlight after Ross left. While her singles and tracks never reached the recognition Diana, Jean, and Scherrie achieved, Mary gracefully handled her songs and verses like a champ. From your folks' knowledge, has Mary ever publicly performed some of the lesser-known songs she's solo'd on? Does she ever sing songs from her solo albums as well?