[REMOVE ADS]

Ronettes: Everything You Wanted To Know About But Were Afraid To Ask

Anyone know whats going with this cd? Looks like it was released back in January and is already out of stock? Or was the release date pushed back?

I've found it in backorder at both Amazon.com & Deep Discount's websites. Never heard of this collection before but the set looks good [[and it looks everything the group recorded for Phil Spector). Maybe it's sold out for now and will come back soon.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/everyth...k/653451997308
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 02-25-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    I've found it in backorder at both Amazon.com & Deep Discount's websites. Never heard of this collection before but the set looks good [[and it looks everything the group recorded for Phil Spector). Maybe it's sold out for now and will come back soon.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/everyth...k/653451997308

The set indeed looks good. All sites I have checked so far say backordered. YouTube has 3 of the unreleased songs posted so someone has a copy of the cd. Very strange. With this cd, The Very Best Of The Ronettes and Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes you would get almost everything they recorded for Phil.

Looking at the reviews on Amazon UK re the audio levels, it looks like it could be a bootleg.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everything-.../dp/B077ZCWFQ6

It's most definitely a bootleg. I saw it in a shop the other day. No credits to a known record label [[I believe Philles material is currently under licence to Sony) beyond "For Collectors Only".

And how lazy can the compilers be to not normalise the volume between tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    It's most definitely a bootleg. I saw it in a shop the other day. No credits to a known record label [[I believe Philles material is currently under licence to Sony) beyond "For Collectors Only".

And how lazy can the compilers be to not normalise the volume between tracks?
    And that explains why the set is listed as 'backordered'; Sony [[which handles the Spector catalog) probably blocked the sale of the bootleg CD. While I thought it looked good, "collections" like these are not worth our time.