[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha Franklin 2008 Compact Discs

Does anyone know about the cd releases of Aretha's "With Everything I Feel In Me", "You", "Sweet Passion", "Almighty Fire", and "La Diva" from 2008? Are they legit, recorded from vinyl?

They are not either [[but they are all that is available of these titles)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    They are not either [[but they are all that is available of these titles)

So they are not legit and not from vinyl?

Not legit, probably from vinyl. The seller does not reveal a source -

Back in 2012, it was announced that Universal, in conjunction with Aretha's own label, were planning deluxe reissues for her later-day albums on Atlantic. Nothing materialized and plans were scrapped eventually. I guess Universal didn't want to pay the extravagant sum of money Aretha demanded for the company to utilize the masters for those albums and redistribute the music.

They're not legit. They're unauthorized bootlegs from overseas, sourced from vinyl and pressed on CD-Rs. I did my own needle drops of the later-day Atlantic albums [[sans 'Sparkle,' as Rhino reissued that one in 1992) and they all came out great. I also made high-quality scans of the album artwork and sleeves from those albums for my digital archives. All is good over here.

Quote Originally Posted by brandosoul View Post
    They're not legit. They're unauthorized bootlegs from overseas, sourced from vinyl and pressed on CD-Rs. I did my own needle drops of the later-day Atlantic albums [[sans 'Sparkle,' as Rhino reissued that one in 1992) and they all came out great. I also made high-quality scans of the album artwork and sleeves from those albums for my digital archives. All is good over here.

Oh ok. Good I found this out. Came close to buying them.

I bought WEIFIM and SP a while back and am glad to have them. I was so happy when the 'Aretha's Records' news came out around the time of AWFOOL [[funny acronym ...) that there would be official releases but years passed with no action. I'll bring my cd's for Aretha to autograph when her nightclub opens in Detroit ...