[REMOVE ADS]

I miss Maurice White and hearing his voice...

sitting here listening to my tunes, and realized how much I really miss hearing Maurice White sing....

seems like whenever I him sing, I get goose-bumps...

I'll never forget "Be Ever Wonderful"...I turned my grandma onto that one a few months before she died, and when I sang it to her, she practically melted, and asked me to record the original song for her to listen to on a daily basis...[[I will be 60 come this summer if anybody wonders how old I am and no, I'm not a "man" -GrtGzu is my memory from watching the Flintstones as a kid)..

don't even know why I came here...just felt the need to do so....to a place that would "get it"...

I'll be honest here. I'm a huge Philip Bailey fan. He can sing in such a wide range that it amazes me to hear him. I have one album on which it seems like he's singing in a different voice on each song. But when I see him singing Maurice White's songs in concert, it's not the same. The voice is close, very close. The song is still performed very well. But Maurice White used to put something into those songs back in the day. Maybe what I'm thinking about is "joy". When EW&F shows up on TV singing their classic songs, they strike me to be an excellent cover band, not the group that changed radio back in the day.

I'm in no way disparaging Philip Bailey at all but his magic is different from Maurice White's magic and the world is missing out on what White could have conjured up had he been blessed with a longer and healthier life. So many of our idols are falling by the wayside. It's to be expected but it's no less sad or less of a shock to the system when you hear about it.

Well said Oz....[[btw, I see you're down in Cincy-I'm up here in Cleveland)....Phil was the other one who could make me "melt"..But "Mo" seemed to have that "magic vibe-voice" that would "hit you" once you hear him....

wish there could be a "like" icon to click on for posts here....

Quote Originally Posted by GrtGzu View Post
    sitting here listening to my tunes, and realized how much I really miss hearing Maurice White sing....

I'll never forget "Be Ever Wonderful"...I turned my grandma onto that one a few months before she died, and when I sang it to her, she practically melted, and asked me to record the original song for her to listen to on a daily basis...[[I will be 60 come this summer if anybody wonders how old I am and no, I'm not a "man" -GrtGzu is my memory from watching the Flintstones as a kid)..

don't even know why I came here...just felt the need to do so....to a place that would "get it"...
    "Reese" as Wanda Hutchinson of The Emotions used to call him, just had that soulful
    spirit filled fire in his voice that most folks only heard in churches, not top forty radio.
    I still miss him too for so many reasons. I love Phillip too, like Jerry, but to get the full
    EWF experience folks today would have to perfect time travel. Never be another band
    like that...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXpWs4_VWNw

His sound!....Who could open a tune like that?....
    Last edited by splanky; 02-17-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Well said Oz....[[btw, I see you're down in Cincy-I'm up here in Cleveland)....Phil was the other one who could make me "melt"..But "Mo" seemed to have that "magic vibe-voice" that would "hit you" once you hear him....

wish there could be a "like" icon to click on for posts here....
    I think about how many posts I would "like" frequently. And I'm near Columbus, closer to Cleveland than Cincy.

And I "get it"! Maurice White was great at everything he set his sights on: singer, songwriter, musician, producer, bandleader, and front man [[with Phillip Bailey) of Earth, Wind & Fire. Maurice is truly missed by millions of people. He also wrote his life story before he passed away two years ago [[My Life with Earth, Wind & Fire) and I strongly recommend it to EWF fans.