[REMOVE ADS]

Thank You - Martha Reeves

Love love love this track from Martha's 1976 solo album The Rest Of My Life. Written and produced by General Johnson of Chairmen Of The Board...

Last edited by TomatoTom123; 02-15-2018 at 06:50 AM.

I like it!
    A minute longer on the LP , all at the end :

Good for Clive Davis to have a go with her! He must've been trying to find that right producer for her , her Arista album consists of four!

Her she is under Tony Camillo in a Gloria Gaynor style :

I often wondered why Martha and Shirley Brown were each "one hit wonders" so to speak on Arista. I guess that can only mean that they were given one-album contracts and the label was not satisfied with the results. Too bad because both albums were great.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Love love love this track from Martha's 1976 solo album The Rest Of My Lofe. Written and produced by General Johnson of Chairmen Of The Board...

Great track from a great album from a real great lady. Motowns greatestes laday imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I like it!
    A minute longer on the LP , all at the end :
    I'm so glad the album finally came out on CD thanks to Funky Town Grooves, but of course they had to make one little mistake. Instead of using the shorter 7" Version of "Thank You," they repeated the full album version in the bonus tracks section!

I love this album. It should have been a big hit. I am so happy to now have this on cd.

Yes, Tom! A great track - the entire LP is a joy - Martha's masterpiece, if you ask me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhpugk7uon8

I really love Martha's vocal on LOVE STRONG ENOUGH TO MOVE A MOUNTAIN.

Glad you like this track [[and the album) guys. Its a Motown throwback if you ask me! Love it. I also love Martha's version of "[[You're Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher"

Martha sounds best on lower notes. Her high notes and wildly wobbling vibrato of recent years are difficult for me to listen to.

I finally worked out what the opening handclaps in Martha's "Thank You" reminded me of... anyone else hear "Automatically Sunshine"...?

I love the track as well. A great album. Martha's mature masterpiece.