[REMOVE ADS]

Dennis Edwards...WTF is this all about???

Wow...

No comment.

She may have thought his condition was very grave and attempted to take things into her own hands

If true, this is so incredibly sad. How poorly we treat our elderly in this country!

Well regarding comments. Dennis' daughter Denise is battling it out in the comment section of the article with defenders of his wife Brenda.

What did it say,i can't pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Basically, the article alleges that Dennis' widow abused him before his death, trying to suffocate him, taking away his hearing aids, etc. Brenda denies all of it. Good Lord...

You know it's so sad that almost every time one of our legends passes some story comes out about-abuse-fighting over the estate,can there be dignity in death?

Why every time a legend dies, we have to hear about their "loved ones" abusing them. Not cool at all. If a person is suffering, you don't do stuff that Brenda has been alleged to be doing...

What on Earth?! I was so shocked to read this!!

Sigh... I hope it's not true.

BUT I have to say judging on how my "siblings" treated my mom when dad passed [[Dad's wishes was to have his remains cremated), there is a chance the daughter might be fibbing on Brenda. Let's hope the truth comes out soon.

It said she tried to smother Dennis with a pillow. She says that she would never try to hurt Dennis.

Temptations singer Dennis Edwards was abused before his death, court documents allege

Chicago police are investigating allegations that Dennis Edwards, a Grammy-winning singer with the Motown group the Temptations, was abused shortly before his death.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee died at a Chicago hospital Thursday from complications of meningitis, according to his wife, Brenda Edwards. He was 74 and had lived in the St. Louis area for more than 30 years.
    Legendary Temptations singer Dennis Edwards, of Florissant, dies at 74
    Legendary Temptations singer Dennis Edwards, of Florissant, dies at 74

He moved to St. Louis in the 1980s.

Court documents filed by an adult protective services investigator allege that weeks before the singer’s death, Brenda Edwards abused her husband.

An investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed the protection order request on behalf of Dennis Edwards Jan. 12 in Chicago, where the couple lived together before Edwards’ death.

The documents allege that Brenda Edwards had attempted to suffocate the 74-year-old by holding his head facedown on a bed. The investigator also accused Brenda Edwards of taking her husband’s hearing aids from him, according to a petition for an order of protection. The documents say Edwards was “bed bound and immobile.”

Dennis Edwards was removed from the home because of medical issues, according to the Jan. 12 document.

An emergency protective order against Brenda Edwards was granted Jan. 18, barring her from contact with Dennis Edwards. A hearing that would have allowed Brenda Edwards to respond to the allegations was scheduled for Friday, but was canceled after her husband’s death the day before.

The protective order was vacated on Friday, after Dennis Edwards’ death.

Brenda Edwards disputed the allegations in a brief statement released Monday night. “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years,” she said. “I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.”

The Chicago Police Department confirmed Monday that there is an open criminal investigation into the matter.

Until recently, Dennis and Brenda Edwards lived in north St. Louis County, and property records show the house remains listed in Dennis Edwards’ name.

The couple recently moved to Chicago to seek better health care, according to Dennis Edwards’ daughter Denise Edwards.

Dennis Edwards lived in the St. Louis area for more than 30 years. He was born in Alabama and moved to Detroit as a young boy, but moved to the St. Louis area in the 1980s to be closer to his mother.

By that time, Edwards had already sung lead vocals on some of the Temptations’ biggest hits

Edwards wasn’t an original singer with the classic Temptations lineup, but became the official sixth member in 1968.

He sang lead on hits including “Ball of Confusion [[That’s What the World is Today),” “I Can’t Get Next to You,” and the Grammy-winning tracks “Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone” and “Cloud Nine.”

The Temptations were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.

In his later years, Dennis Edwards was often seen in St. Louis at the Fox Theatre and Peabody Opera House when classic soul artists passed through.

The family is working to make arrangements for a memorial service for the singer, Denise Edwards said.

Survivors of Dennis Edwards include five daughters, a son and several grandchildren.

Here's another article. You might have to put the link in your browser if you can't click on it. That woman sounds like she's evil to me. She was probably a gold digger from day 1. She'll have to answer to the Lord eventually for her behavior. RIP Dennis. You are sorely missed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ife-death.html

This just makes me sad,rest in peace dennis-rest in peace.

I haven't read all the articles; just the first one.

I have some experience dealing with people that go through these traumas. They are all just people; there is some good in most of them; but perhaps not everyone.

Just because you were the lead singer in a music group doesn't mean much of anything - there are still all kinds of family members around you, of varying upbringings, education and financial means.

In Canada, we have assisted death legislation now and I'm told that there are significant numbers of assisted deaths and that the feedback from families is very positive.

It sounds like Mr. Edwards was quite ill in the last while.

Who knows the real story behind all of this. But if somebody assaulted him or tried to do worse than that, the police would be involved and if there were evidence, someone would be charged.

To assume much more when you don't know the people isn't right.

The news is spreading like wildfire:

This just makes me sad,rest in peace dennis-rest in peace.
    It makes me sad and angry. I am sure his daughter now will have control over his funeral services.

How God awful

So the police are at least involved

Would be interesting to see the Will. The executor is in charge of the funeral and it would be interesting to see the heirs

I assume he was married more than once?

He was married to one of the pointer sisters at one time,some years back.

This is hot off the presses. I just read this, a few minutes ago. I agree with you STRONGLY, Marv2. It makes me sad and angry too! How dare she! What happened to "in sickness and in health"? An autopsy was completed on Dennis, and the Medical Examiner says that the “manner and cause of death are pending” and under investigation! Yes, he was married to Ruth Pointer of the Pointer Sisters. They had one daughter, Issa who eventually became a member of the Pointer Sisters. I assume his other four children are from this current wife. I sure hope the police get to the bottom of this. You might have to put this link in your browser if you can't click on it.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/02/06/temptations-dennis-edwards-death-investigation/110169756/

If there was foul play and his wife was involved, she severely underestimated the love and interest people around the World have for Dennis Edwards! They are going to go up her a** with a microscope to determined what happened and if she abused Dennis.

He was married to one of the pointer sisters at one time,some years back.
    He married Ruth Pointer. They had a daughter Issa, who is also a singer. If you see a picture of Issa, she look just like Dennis.

Here is some info. from the court records.Name:  Dennis Edwards-Cook County Court.jpg
Views: 2928
Size:  103.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RTA6226 View Post
    Here is some info. from the court records.Name:  Dennis Edwards-Cook County Court.jpg
Views: 2928
Size:  103.0 KB
    Oh Wow! RTA6226, where did you get this? Wow!

This is the third time a Temptation has died under mysterious circumstances! SMH It’s just sickening to know how much Dennis suffered his final days. God bless you Dennis, you're at peace now!
    Last edited by jboy88; 02-07-2018 at 10:30 PM.

^

Paul: suicide but too many implications that it wasn't.
    David: said to have died from an adverse reaction to drugs; least $500k stolen from his person.
    Dennis: possible murder?!

o_O

Marv2: It was attached to an article about his passing and the abuse from his wife. If I find it again, I'll share it.

Meanwhile everyone, here's another article. It looks like he did suffer a stroke as I mentioned in another post. You might have to put this one in your browser. I don't think you can click on it.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/police-investigate-death-of-temptations-singer-dennis-edwards

This would be make an interesting film.

It does look like a service is being planned for Detroit.

Yes, there is and also in St. Louis, per this article. Put this link in your browser.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/02/07/dennis-edwards-temptations-motown-funeral-arrangements/110205102/

Well where is he gonna be buried at? Detroit?

I hope they get to the bottom of this abuse issue. I bet she has a big life insurance policy on him; maybe he doesn't even know about it.

Jesus...

Can't even ponder... but every time I read about abuse cases of spouses and a spouse's actions helping to cause a death of a spouse, it's always because of a huge insurance policy.

Performance money ain't chump change, not to mention residuals he probably earned through the songs he sang with the Temptations and being a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee.

But yeah don't think he would know about it since he suffered a stroke and had meningitis. Meningitis usually makes people forget things so he don't know where he was at.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Well where is he gonna be buried at? Detroit?
    As of today, I do not know.

I hope they get to the bottom of this abuse issue. I bet she has a big life insurance policy on him; maybe he doesn't even know about it.
    I would not be surprised. If she did these things, then she should go to jail.

Is anyone going to the funeral in St. Louis or the memorial in Detroit? I think it was mentioned that the Detroit memorial will be open to the public.

Is anyone going to the funeral in St. Louis or the memorial in Detroit? I think it was mentioned that the Detroit memorial will be open to the public.
    I don't know yet. The funeral should have been in Detroit since that is where he grew up and everyone knows him. Rev. Jim Holly will be conducting the memorial service.

Here is info. on the services for Dennis that were held yesterday in St. Louis. This Saturday, February 17th, a memorial service at 11 a.m. will be held at Little Rock Baptist Church at 9000 Woodward, in Detroit. The public is invited to the service, said the Rev. James Holley, pastor of the Detroit church.

Is anyone on this forum planning to attend? You'll probably need to post this link in your browser. I don't think you can click on it.

http://fox2now.com/2018/02/12/family-friends-mourn-temptations-singer-dennis-edwards/

Attachment 13969

George Clinton posted this on Facebook from the St. Louis Service

Beautiful!!!! That's a beautiful church and that casket is gorgeous, as of course are the pictures of Dennis. RIP dear one, you are sorely missed.

I agree with you