[REMOVE ADS]

Help finding Song title to these lyrics.

Can someone please help me identify the song title that includes the following lyrics:

"I can't take it, I just can't take it, now I'm leaving and I ain't coming back, before you grooving, I'll be packing and moving and you'll come home finding me gone."

It may have been a 70's slow R&B song.

Thank you for any leads!
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 02-13-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Mark, I don't know the song, but maybe this can help you find it:

https://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to...ngs_by_lyrics/

Thanks for this tip, Marv!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post

Anytime buddy!

Anytime buddy!

Mark, just curious. Do you remember this record?

Marv, sorry I don't remember hearing Toulouse. I'm not sure if they were a Quebecois group, or from France. Ottawa radio stations mostly likely wouldn't have aired this, so that is why I am unfamiliar with them. I did listen to the song though, and it does have a good vibe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Hi Marv, I bought the vinyl Toulouse album when it came out. I knew nothing about the group, only purchased it because of the credits which amongst other familiar names included George Jackson and Prince Philip Mitchell as composers and Harrison Calloway as arranger.

I really loved 'What Would Your Mama Say' by Toulouse written by George Jackson [[ sounds almost like George doing the female lead!) George's demo version was subsequently released by Grapevine on a cd of 20 unreleased tracks, and is terrific.

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 02-15-2018 at 03:12 PM.

As for Philip Mitchell, here's the version of 'It always happens this way' by Toulouse.

And Philip's unreleased demo version subsequently changed lyrically from the original "Just The Beginning"

And finally the 'live' version by 'Toulouse' some years later

By the way, the entire album by George Jackson featuring What Would Your Mama Say is on download from amazon at a mere $9.49 and the track is 99 cents..... best money you ever spent previews here
    https://www.amazon.com/What-Would-Yo.../dp/B000E1NVEW

Marv, sorry I don't remember hearing Toulouse. I'm not sure if they were a Quebecois group, or from France. Ottawa radio stations mostly likely wouldn't have aired this, so that is why I am unfamiliar with them. I did listen to the song though, and it does have a good vibe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    Yes they were from Quebec and I use to hear it on Canadian radio [[CKLW) back in the 70s. It was played as part of the Can-Con effort. Remember Can-Con? We heard many Canadian artists on the radio back in the day because of being so close to the border.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Hi Marv, I bought the vinyl Toulouse album when it came out. I knew nothing about the group, only purchased it because of the credits which amongst other familiar names included George Jackson and Prince Philip Mitchell as composers and Harrison Calloway as arranger.

I really loved 'What Would Your Mama Say' by Toulouse written by George Jackson [[ sounds almost like George doing the female lead!) George's demo version was subsequently released by Grapevine on a cd of 20 unreleased tracks, and is terrific.

Mike that is excellent! After I moved away from home for college and work, I learned that many in America were not familiar with all the Canadian artists we grew up hearing on the radio in Michigan, Ohio, etc. I would remember the songs, even play a few and people would have never heard any of it in many parts of the U.S.

As for Philip Mitchell, here's the version of 'It always happens this way' by Toulouse.
    Such a great sound. Such a great memory. This would be on in mornings on the radio as I was getting up. There was another song I distinctly remember by a Canadian artist that was not played elsewhere. It was called "I'm Just As Bad As You" by a female singer. I am going to try to find it.

Bingo! I just found it. It was by Canadian singer Shawne Jackson. This played a LOT back in 1974:

And Philip's unreleased demo version subsequently changed lyrically from the original "Just The Beginning"

This cool. I'm sorry Mark for taking over your thread and Mike, thanks for posting some of these great records I had not heard in a very long time.