[REMOVE ADS]

Connie Haines - Mr. Pride and Mr. Gloom

Love this Smokey gem...I wonder if he cut this on another Motown artists. Keith would know..
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RhypgWF40R8

Erm, well now, I love this. How great. Thanks for sharing snakepit.

Ho Hum another great Essar song! He only had about 3,000 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Love this Smokey gem...I wonder if he cut this on another Motown artists. Keith would know..
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RhypgWF40R8
    Keith placed a strong emphasis upon mentioning those songs on Love And Affection for which there was only one known recording. He describes Connie Haines' 'Mr. Pride And Mr. Gloom' as having not been previously mixed, although all the elements needed were present, but he never states that this is the only known recording of the song in the vaults. So, I'm guessing that someone else may have had a shot at it. But I wonder if they sing "My love has gone away EVERY since that day". Perhaps Connie heard an earlier recording and merely followed the lead of how the singer [[Gladys Horton?) sang the tune.

Connie's seems to be the only version cut ...

That's a shame...Smokey would have cut a great version on Other girls with this.
    The explosion of DRATS around this period clearly diverted Gordy's plans, but having signed the MOR artists, it seems strange that they were overlooked.
    Any plans Motown had seem to be cancelled.
    Some of the unreleased tracks on Barbara McNair are wonderful, better than the 45s issued.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  21.1 KB
    I like Connie's version. But, I'd also have liked to hear a version by Carolyn Crawford, Linda Griner, and Brenda Holloway.