[REMOVE ADS]

New Book:FLORIDA SOUL From Ray Charles to KC & the Sunshine Band

I got this book in the mail Friday night and spent most of the weekend reading it. Its really good and was a very reasonable $21. for the hard copy. The copyright is 2017 . I got my copy from Barnes& Noble on line. There is a whole chapter on Linda Lyndell [["What A Man") , and chapters on Jackie Moore,Lattimore, Timmy Thomas,Little Beaver, ect.

Hi!

My review of the book at
    http://www.soulexpress.net/deep6_2017.htm#floridasoul

Best regards
    Heikki

Yes, Heikki. I don't know Papa Don, I met Henry Stone briefly at the Motown Café opening party at Universal Orlando in the early 90's. Henry Stone was very influencial in promoting Motown and Soul music in general in Florida & I thanked him for that. I think Linda Lyndells' story would make a great movie.

I read it last year. I found it very interesting and thought it was nice that many of the artists profiled aren't well known.

I found it strange that Betty Wright did not want to be interviewed for this book, unless she is writing her own book.

This sounds like a very interesting book.