[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I can't believe much of what Eddie Kendricks says. In one interview he claimed that he never really knew Berry Gordy, that he had only met him two or three times. Get real, he saw BG more than that just during the taping of TCB.

If Gordy didn't like Kendricks, then no way would he have signed Kendricks to a solo deal and give him a string of hit records in the mid 70s. From all that knew Eddie, he was a s**t stirrer. A gentleman with a chemical dependence which destroyed his beautiful voice before he was 40. If memory serves me, Kendricks was arrested at David Ruffin's funeral in Detroit in 1990 and BG bailed him out.

If Kendricks had not dated Diana Ross she would not have been in the Supremes, he was the one who recommended her to Milton Jenkins and Flo. He was certainly not married when they dated. Mary Wilson wrote in her book that she too was lovers with Kendricks in the early 60s

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Perhaps that's what the person is referring to? Oh well, who cares.
    Oh RanRan stop behaving like a snowflake. "the person" has a name.

It's Boogie. Boogie Down.
    Boogie Down .... bay-bee!!

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I can't believe much of what Eddie Kendricks says. In one interview he claimed that he never really knew Berry Gordy, that he had only met him two or three times. Get real, he saw BG more than that just during the taping of TCB.

If Gordy didn't like Kendricks, then no way would he have signed Kendricks to a solo deal and give him a string of hit records in the mid 70s. From all that knew Eddie, he was a s**t stirrer. A gentleman with a chemical dependence which destroyed his beautiful voice before he was 40. If memory serves me, Kendricks was arrested at David Ruffin's funeral in Detroit in 1990 and BG bailed him out.

If Kendricks had not dated Diana Ross she would not have been in the Supremes, he was the one who recommended her to Milton Jenkins and Flo. He was certainly not married when they dated. Mary Wilson wrote in her book that she too was lovers with Kendricks in the early 60s
    Uh... gonna have to correct you on that: Eddie was not the reason, it was allegedly Paul Williams. But I don't know if I even believe that. The way Mary tells it NOW, SHE was the one who got Diana. Or Florence knew that she sang and asked Mary to bring her. She said this on Flo's Unsung.

As C&C Music Factory said back in the day, "things that make you go hmm".

That's funny
    Such a shame Paul is no longer with us or Flo to set the record straight but its been so long it doesn't really matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Uh... gonna have to correct you on that: Eddie was not the reason, it was allegedly Paul Williams. But I don't know if I even believe that. The way Mary tells it NOW, SHE was the one who got Diana. Or Florence knew that she sang and asked Mary to bring her. She said this on Flo's Unsung.

As C&C Music Factory said back in the day, "things that make you go hmm".

Can anyone explain to me how who had sex with who 50+ years ago has anything to do with music?

I don't know.
    This Supremes "drama" has made me sleepy now [[since the Temptations were far more dramatic).
    Ten years ago I'd been sung a different tune lmao

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I don't know.
    This Supremes "drama" has made me sleepy now [[since the Temptations were far more dramatic).
    Ten years ago I'd been sung a different tune lmao
    ... and bitchy, too, one hears!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... and bitchy, too, one hears!
    Seriously lol
    Like you'll get some scolding hot tea with any Temptations story... the Supremes' just screams a telenovela lol