[REMOVE ADS]

Actor Reg E. Cathey Dead at 59

I did not immediately know his name, but I knew his face and his work. A great actor! So young and so talented:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/09/regina...ds/?adid=hero1

Life is unfair. He played so many unnamed background thug roles and only started getting good parts in the past decade. He was an excellent actor who broke his stereotype and was finally getting recognized. I didn't know he won an Emmy for House of Cards until I read his obit, but I'm not surprised. Truly sad news. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Life is unfair. He played so many unnamed background thug roles and only started getting good parts in the past decade. He was an excellent actor who broke his stereotype and was finally getting recognized. I didn't know he won an Emmy for House of Cards until I read his obit, but I'm not surprised. Truly sad news. RIP.

Jerry this seems so unfair. I am glad he decided to share his talents. He great job. Rest in peace now Reg.

Marv

I don't watch TV so I never saw him in House Of Cards but I was so looking forward to seeing him in bigger film roles. He brought a unique presence to the screen in his work.
    A terrible loss indeed. RIP...

I remember him best from his role in "The Wire" more than "House of Cards"

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I remember him best from his role in "The Wire" more than "House of Cards"
    I also enjoyed him in "The Wire".