[REMOVE ADS]

Cool poster for Supremes fans.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5579151...ch_query=diana ross and the supremes&ref=sr_gallery-3-11

I always get a kick out of seeing concert posters from back in the day. Very rarely is a year given. I guess these were temporary items meant to draw attention and die.

This would have to have been 1969 based on the Sunday, September 28th date. Ironic that they were playing this gig in a gym; just three months later they'd be saying "farewell" in Las Vegas.

Funny too, "Someday" was released just two weeks later on October 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    This would have to have been 1969 based on the Sunday, September 28th date. Ironic that they were playing this gig in a gym; just three months later they'd be saying "farewell" in Las Vegas.
    I also saw them in two college gymnasiums the same week in 1969. College gyms were pretty large holding 2,000-4,000 people.

First, at my school the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. It must have been the night before on Saturday, September 27th. [[There was another concert poster for Brown University in Rhode Island for Friday, September 26th.) I don't know why I never remembered the date other than September 1969. It was my first year at that school and I was beside myself that my favorite group was coming. I had just seen them 3 times the month before at the Carousel Music Tent in Framingham, Massachusetts.

However, I do remember the date October 3, 1969, just 6 days later, at Boston College. I had friends at that university who bought us tickets. One friend "swiped" a large cardboard poster off a wall to give to me. There is a concert poster for this appearance online. However, although the poster graphics are similar, the poster I had was a different picture.

It looks like they were playing two shows a night at each location. One concert poster for Brown University in Rhode Island, that I saw online, actually said Final Tour. I don't think I knew at the time, for certain, that it was a final tour.

They did not sing "Someday..." at the shows I saw that week. Although, as stated above, it hadn't been released yet.

The first time I saw The Supremes was February 12, 1966, also in a gym, at Brandeis University in my hometown of Waltham, Massachusetts. [[Even though "My World..." had been out for over a month they didn't sing that song.)