[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    It's particularly unfortunate, especially at this point in the USA's history, to see an accomplished Black man denigrating and gossiping about other Black men, and ones who are dead, no less; falls right into the djt playbook of 'distract the public with trash and repeal their rights while they're not looking'.
    What I don't like about Quincy is that he's telling all this business while trying to act like he himself was a hetero playa [[that whole "I have 22 girlfriends now" and "I used to date Ivanka")... he better watch or someone would spill the beans that he try to come on to men himself. It's RUMORED of course but still...

I also find it interesting in the article that he mentioned the mob played a role in the assassination of JFK but then said "I wanna keep it secret". It's like "...HELLO YOU JUST MENTIONED GIANCANA SENT THE HIT!"

Also being mum on Bill Cosby but outing Marvin as bisexual? Mmkay Q lol

Least Patti didn't do that when she confirmed Luther's homosexuality.

Anyone think Quincy might be suffering from some sort of dementia? He didn't look well the last time I saw him.

He might be. Who knows?
    Especially for him to claim MJ "stole" when he produced those "stolen songs".
    People think he was being honest about that but I don't think so.

On Wednesday, Pryor’s widow Jennifer confirmed the two men had been lovers, telling TMZ that her late husband was always open about his bisexuality with friends and would not be ashamed that the relationship was revealed publicly. She also said the comedy icon wrote about sleeping with men extensively in diaries, which she says she plans to release later this year.
    “It was the ’70s! Drugs were still good, especially quaaludes,” Jennifer said. “If you did enough cocaine, you’d f— a radiator and send it flowers in the morning.”

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Hey Ran Ran, now listen here... I have a memo. No a BOMBSHELL text, no a Military parade. Look at me, look at me. But you, you’re a snowflake. LOL HEHEHEHEHEHE.
    HA! Snowflakes are beautiful. That narcissist in the White House is a forever stain on our nation's history. I'm just going to continue to enjoy my life until the great day when I can vote that trash out.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    What I don't like about Quincy is that he's telling all this business while trying to act like he himself was a hetero playa [[that whole "I have 22 girlfriends now" and "I used to date Ivanka")... he better watch or someone would spill the beans that he try to come on to men himself. It's RUMORED of course but still...

I also find it interesting in the article that he mentioned the mob played a role in the assassination of JFK but then said "I wanna keep it secret". It's like "...HELLO YOU JUST MENTIONED GIANCANA SENT THE HIT!"

Also being mum on Bill Cosby but outing Marvin as bisexual? Mmkay Q lol

Least Patti didn't do that when she confirmed Luther's homosexuality.
    Hate to spill tea, but you might be on to something, midnightman. I went to a Q signing about 10 years ago; he walked in and looked at me like I was a sirloin steak. And I'm a dude.

Anyhoo... here's a funny take on the Q firestorm:

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com...ive-1822812056

^ THERE YOU GO! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Hate to spill tea, but you might be on to something, midnightman. I went to a Q signing about 10 years ago; he walked in and looked at me like I was a sirloin steak. And I'm a dude.

Anyhoo... here's a funny take on the Q firestorm:

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com...ive-1822812056
    Oh, my ... was he carrying A1?

Oh, my ... was he carrying A1?
    No, but his B-12 was sure pingin'.

I don't think you can talk like Quincy seems and have real dementia; he's an old fart that doesn't give a shit at this stage - he says what he thinks, knows what he saw and believes and just blabbers.

Have to say, I never thought Marvin was singing to a guy when he wanted to get it on - but surprises happen all the time. Brando was so repulsive though. Jeez, I hope he did better than that.

When you think about it, LGIO could've been interpreted to whatever you may think.

It had a very social message when Marvin sings "there's nothing wrong with me loving you". Could be interpreted either as an interracial love or gay love. I mean the message was very hippie-ish lol

The "Let Love Rule" of the '70s.

I'm sure Marvin is shaking his head though haha

"No it was about a special girl, guys". Sure Marv.

Nah but seriously, that song never mentioned "girl" lol
    Last edited by midnightman; 02-08-2018 at 05:43 PM.

No, but his B-12 was sure pingin'.
    You made me snort my Schlitz. I had a similar situation with Bea Arthur [[who thought I was a lesbian) but being a gentleman I shant't pour any kiki tea. 'ya know ...

NOW I GET IT!!!!! Marlon Brando, who MJ thought was - ahem - 'tops'- had an affair with MJ, who became preggers and went to Saudi Arabia [[or whatever) to bear his child Prince Michael! It ALL comes [[pardon the pun) together!

You made me snort my Schlitz. I had a similar situation with Bea Arthur [[who thought I was a lesbian) but being a gentleman I shant't pour any kiki tea. 'ya know ...
    "God'll get you for that, Walter."

Rain Pryor just came for Quincy's butt lmao

Lord, wait until Michael's kids get on Q...

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I've addressed you more thoroughly in the other thread regarding your ridiculous behavior, and I'm debating with myself about continuing it here. But hey, it's Wednesday so why not get you together one more time? The difference between you and I is that you're fuckin crazy and I'm not. Here's how: when you said what you said about Diana, my response was that I had never heard that and I asked where it might be found. For the record I didn't know if the shit was true or not, which is why I said that I had never heard that, as opposed to replying "you lyin muthafucka, quit making shit up". I say that and then you share a link to an old Jet magazine article where Diana says "I've been begging Stevie to write a song for me but he never would" and then I have to eat my words. NEVER!! I am not Diana Ross so I could never say what she has never said. I can only tell you what I've never said. But somehow you took my response to you as something negative and you got nasty. And then turned around and got nasty with me about the same bullshit in a totally unrelated thread. I don't believe you're well in the head but you're our Marv, so I have to put up with you. But come for me and you know how this always plays out.
    You should have been here when Susaye posted on here one day telling him that “he wasn’t there either” - as in wasn’t around Motown or the group

A definite LOL

Rain can't stand Jennifer. Jennifer will go the opening of an envelope for a come-up.

Q...What did Mick Jagger say to Hugh Heffner when he found him in bed with Dennis Weaver...A..."Hey Hey, Hugh Hugh, Get Off McCloud"...

Hugh on top of anything isn’t a great picture to me - but that was pretty funny and I laughed
    Last edited by jobeterob; 02-09-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Rain can't stand Jennifer. Jennifer will go the opening of an envelope for a come-up.
    I imagine the rest of Richard's kids can't stand Jennifer either lol
    They never could.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I'm just going to continue to enjoy my life until the great day when I can vote that trash out.
    Your vote might be a waste of time , don't forget them Russians!!

Name:  ed55ae7d88af86e0f8c9411891834324a910103dd6890d54515fc2dda41cdf04.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  13.8 KB

What went on here?

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Name:  ed55ae7d88af86e0f8c9411891834324a910103dd6890d54515fc2dda41cdf04.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  13.8 KB

What went on here?
    1. I just tasted a bit o' vomit
    2. Joking aside, I wonder if Q understands that he has basically subverted his entire musical legacy to his gossip about who did what to whom when, where, and how often?

I must be getting old. When the "Q" quotes came over my phone earlier in the week, I had no interest. I respect Mr. Jones huge contributions to music specifically, and society in general. Though I feel that if you have something to say about someone, say it while they can respond, or can "meet you outside" to "discuss", not while they are deceased.

On the other hand, looking at the thread responses, it is sure interesting getting to know some of my fellow Motownites a little better.

1. I just tasted a bit o' vomit
    2. Joking aside, I wonder if Q understands that he has basically subverted his entire musical legacy to his gossip about who did what to whom when, where, and how often?
    He probably thinks it's "locker room talk"... you know? <_<
    I wouldn't trust being alone with Quincy telling my business [[or exaggerating).

He'd better be lucky none of the people he talked about is calling him saying they'd beat his ass up because they're either dead or just want him to shut the hell up. LOL

Seeing all of the interest in this. I will tell Mary to write another book........but go harder this time! LOL!

This is about Quincy, bruh... LOL

This is about Quincy, bruh... LOL
    And Mary don't like him so he ain't tellin her nuthin

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    And Mary don't like him so he ain't tellin her nuthin
    Shoot, who DOES like Quincy? He seems like a big douchebag lol

Great producer but a great douchebag too.

Also it's funny in that article he mentioned how great he thinks Ed Sheeran is but claims Michael Jackson stole. What a douche lol

Dude was complicit since he helped produce it!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Seeing all of the interest in this. I will tell Mary to write another book........but go harder this time! LOL!
    Yeah, im sure publishers are lining up to her what she has to say. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Shoot, who DOES like Quincy? He seems like a big douchebag lol

Great producer but a great douchebag too.

Also it's funny in that article he mentioned how great he thinks Ed Sheeran is but claims Michael Jackson stole. What a douche lol

Dude was complicit since he helped produce it!
    I think Q has lost his filter.

I was wondering what Rain had to say about this. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Marv, stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    And not a moment too soon Luckyluckyme! The comments that Quincy Jones made were not received well by many people and could've left him open to libel suits from the families of the celebrities he gossiped about. Also a song by The Marvelettes comes to mind at this moment;

https://youtu.be/Khj8yLEKRYA

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Marvin's sis, Richard's and Marlon's kids, MJ's family were NOT having it! [[not to mention MJ's fans)

The backlash was worldwide. Q knew he went too far.

Except dead people can’t start libel and slander suits

Except dead people can’t start libel and slander suits
    But their surviving loved ones can...

But their surviving loved ones can...
    No they can’t

It’s a personal thing

No they can’t

It’s a personal thing
    That’s why he lipped off about a lot of dead people

SMH

For real?

Well from the looks of it, Quincy didn't get away with it long enough because his daughters finally put a stop to it. Whatever was gonna happen, he probably was told "don't ruin YOUR legacy talking like this".