I'm wondering how many more Expanded Editions there'll be. we know about Sing HDH and it's rumored that Reflections is on the docket. But after that lp, aside from Funny Girl, the group wasn't recording the same way or approaching albums the same way.

earlier in their career, while they always were just recording more and more general tracks, they were also doing quite a bit of specific projects. Of course there are the early specialty albums. And then when they did I Hear a Symphony, there was a focus and purpose to the recordings to prepare a mature album that would elevate the group in the public's perception. They specifically went into the studio to record the majority of those songs in Nov 65. Then in 66 and 67, they were continuing to do a lot of other specific recording projects - R&H, broadway, Disney. As they assembled A Go Go, there was a pretty clear idea that they wanted to do a dance record.

my opinion of Sing HDH was that Berry wanted to placate Eddie, Brian and Lamont due to the slowly deteriorating relationship. maybe Berry figured if he released Sing HDH that would satisfy part of their egos and get them off his back about the increased royalties.

mid to late 67 saw the group and HDH dabbling in psychedelic soul a little. the Reflections title track and a handful of the album tracks fall into a nice cohesive work and had HDH stayed, makes one wonder if the final Reflections lp might have had some more of this. or maybe there are a few more tracks similar to I'm Gonna make it, Forever Came To Day, etc.

Then mid to late 68 when Love Child hit, they did a bunch of "serious" songs with social commentary and the like. some have been released already on various compilations.

then they did a lot of recording with the Temps from mid 68 through early 69.

outside of these pockets, most of the rest of their studio work was really more about Diana. M and C weren't on a lot of them and many of the tracks we've since received don't have any backups recorded. There are a variety of Smokey tracks and a variety of other producers. I think what they were doing was experimenting with Diana on a whole range of styles and material - from Canadian Sunset to Stormy to Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone to Discover Me. Then every 4 - 6 months they'd cobble together an album using the last single or two and filler.

I'm wondering if the Sups L&F set was meant to clean out a bunch of the DRATS material. and maybe there's enough for a Reflections and possibly a LC expanded edition. but then after those two [[and with the anthologies, the pink box set and L&F) the later DRATS material would be mostly released.