[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Performing in San Francisco

Was lucky enough to get a couple of tickets to see Mary on Feb. 16 in San Francisco. Anyone else going to be there?

I wish i could be there,but i can't.

This at Feinstein's right?

Yes, that's the place. Looking forward to seeing her again.

She is going to tear it up! She will be presenting her "Combo" that she debut at the Apollo several months ago.

I will be seeing Mary Wilson along with Martha later this month in Daytona Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    I will be seeing Mary Wilson along with Martha later this month in Daytona Beach.
    They're playing all of these warm places right now. LOL!

Interesting that she's releasing a new CD this spring. Anyone know anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by superlou View Post
    Interesting that she's releasing a new CD this spring. Anyone know anything about it?
    I'll have to do some checking. There is so much going on right now.

I think this is the CD that has been coming out "next month" for the last ten years. Mary finally stopped mentioning it in her interviews. I am surprised to see it mentioned again. Maybe it is finally happening - or - as Donald would say "Fake News"

Was lucky enough to get a couple of tickets to see Mary on Feb. 16 in San Francisco. Anyone else going to be there?
    You ARE indeed lucky as Mary is superb in that setting and it will surely sell out. I wish we were going, but after months of feeezing to death, we decided to head to Palm Springs. Was 89 today! Anyway, There is not a bad seat in the house, Mary is very talented and you can hang with her afterwards - she’s a delight and very friendly. Spring for a bottle of Dom and she’ll even transcend friendly. LOL!!!! Have fun and please report back.

From a very recent posting on Mary Wilson's Facebook posting, she had been knocked down with a serious bout of the flu going 'round. Even though I had the vaccine this year, I've now caught it myself. I don't blame Mary for trying to get booked in "warm places." Speaking of the flu bug, didn't Diana Ross cancel her anticipated appearance on Good Morning America a few months back because of the flu? When she resurfaced, many fans commented on her recent weight loss. The bug making the rounds nulls one's appetite, and although I don't recommend it as a weight loss plan, it seems to have that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    From a very recent posting on Mary Wilson's Facebook posting, she had been knocked down with a serious bout of the flu going 'round. Even though I had the vaccine this year, I've now caught it myself. I don't blame Mary for trying to get booked in "warm places." Speaking of the flu bug, didn't Diana Ross cancel her anticipated appearance on Good Morning America a few months back because of the flu? When she resurfaced, many fans commented on her recent weight loss. The bug making the rounds nulls one's appetite, and although I don't recommend it as a weight loss plan, it seems to have that effect.
    I caught it a few weeks ago . All I wanted was water.

Lucky indeed, the tickets are actually comps from Mary herself. I've only met her once before, but we have a mutual friend [[Mary was in her wedding 20 years ago) so we got the tickets through our friend. We'll be part of a group of 10 or so going to the show. Hopefully, hanging out with Mary a bit after the show. She leaves San Francisco early the next morning for her next show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    Diana cancelled the VIEW because she was ill, but seemed to be fine a few days later for her appearances on HSN. She had already lost the weight when she accepted her AMA Lifetime Achievement Award in November, prior to the flu epidemic.

I misunderstood when it was said that Mary only wants to appear in "warm places". I now see that it meant places with warm climates.

But it is also nice that she is appearing in a warm intimate room. That is what I thought the "warm places" comment meant. Mary shines in places like this and there aren't a whole lot of nice ones. This is a nice one. It would be nice if she did this on the east coast too, either at the Cafe Carlyle or 54 Below. They, too, are intimate , warm and nice.

You have to really know how to and be able to sing! In these types of intimate venues, people can look you in the eye and you had better be good! Mary can confidently deliver the goods:

I asked Mary at a recent show if she was appearing at 54 Below and she said no but to ask them to book her. So I did!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I asked Mary at a recent show if she was appearing at 54 Below and she said no but to ask them to book her. So I did!
    That was very cool of you Luke!

Thanks Marv. I think she did some interview or tv clip there not too long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You have to really know how to and be able to sing! In these types of intimate venues, people can look you in the eye and you had better be good! Mary can confidently deliver the goods:

I hear Roberta Flack in this vocal .

There is a resemblance to Roberta - I never picked up on it before. Great clip if Mary on her game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    There is a resemblance to Roberta - I never picked up on it before. Great clip if Mary on her game.
    Thank you dear thats real flattering and much appreciated.

fondly,

Roberta