[REMOVE ADS]

Joe Simon Drowning In The Sea Of Love HQ

New video to me of a classic... Joe and the Philly Sound

Power of Love

Hi Mike..hows things? Not seen them before either,really enjoyed those. I had "Drowning" 7" on Sound Stage 7 label in one of those Contempo soul packs back in 73 ish. Forgot all about it. Thanks for putting it up !
    Last edited by tamla617; 02-01-2018 at 06:33 PM.

The lp of 'Drowning' is excellent as well; not a bad cut. Several other Simon lps are excellent as well - thanks for reminding us all of this great singer.

Hi Russ, we are in Egypt 28 degrees and blue skies whilst you are frozen and wet in the UK!
    I used to buy those Contempo soul packs too. Also constantly going to Contempo store in Hanway Street, and then onto Cheapo Cheapo for all those promo copies of new soul releases. Always wondered how they got their hands on so many brand new promos...
    Cheers

Mike

Mike-you still-da man.

Hi arr&bee, I'm still hanging on in there!

whilst we are appreciating Joe, here is a live performance of his first arr&bee number one! 1969. Cool as a cucumber......... if Jerry wasn't The Ice Man, The title should have gone to Joe. Sublimely effortless, yet great panache.

It would be fun if Diana sampled: “I’ve been down one time. I’ve been down two times.” And then breaking into “I’m going down down for the third time. Drowning in many tears from a heart that is hurtin' ..........”
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 02-06-2018 at 05:38 PM.