[REMOVE ADS]

What was the name of the gospel song that Martha Jean the Queen played on her show?

She played it at noon. My Mother loved that song and listened to the Queen everyday. I was a young tyke and can't remember who sang it and the name of it.

Oh, I should know this. I use to listen to her show almost every afternoon on my lunch break. That was back in the mid-80s.

Martha Jean "The Queen" played James Cleveland's 'Without a Song' everyday at 12 noon.
    I tried to play it on youtube, but couldn't get thru all of it, it made me think of my Mother.

Oh yeah, she was on WJLB 1400 AM back then. I remember her playing the song in the late 60's onward.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Martha Jean "The Queen" played James Cleveland's 'Without a Song' everyday at 12 noon.
    I tried to play it on youtube, but couldn't get thru all of it, it made me think of my Mother.
    That's it...Brings back a lot of memories

She was the mother of Detroit. Her voice was just comforting and stress reducing to listen to.

Yeah, that's it. James Cleveland "Without a Song" Such a great recording, brings back memories. Mom's been gone 12 years now. Thanks all, for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yeah, that's it. James Cleveland "Without a Song" Such a great recording, brings back memories. Mom's been gone 12 years now. Thanks all, for the replies.
    It's been 11 years for my Grandma and my father.