[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Motown Girls 3

Motown Girls 3

Does anyone have informations about the release of the forthcoming MOTOWN GIRLS 3 ?
    I'm really looking forward to the tracklist.

Keith had posted on the Motown Unreleased 1967 thread that he had to have Motown Girls 3 finalized for design and mastering by January 2. That would indicate that it should see release in the latter part of February. More information should be coming in the next week or so.

That is great news luckyluckyme! I really like this series especially the artists that while deserving of recognition, never quite attained it.

MelodyMan & Motown4Ever518,

I want to apologize to both of you for giving you false hope & misleading you. Ace's January releases will become official on Friday but nothing further has even been hinted at anywhere concerning Motown Girls 3.
    The pattern of the past has been that February releases would be revealed prior to and on a few occasions slightly after the January releases.
    The 4 February releases have been posted for a while now. Oh well, there's always March.
    Again I feel bad about the 'fake/false news that I, in my naivity, spread. I was only trying to be helpful by sharing what I had read. But I'm sure it will be a most excellent release and well worth an extra month's wait.

I just reread something Keith Hughes had stated here at SD [[but I had missed). He says that Motown Girls 3 will likely be a March release [[which should be available on March 30- which will make for a nice Easter gift). So sorry for my inability to read properly.I'm also hoping that we'll hear something about The Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland by then, as it will be the end of the first quarter of the year.

correct, LLM, and that's still the plan

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    correct, LLM, and that's still the plan
    Will we see a track list soon? Just to cool our curiosity.🙂🙂🙂

Not yet...but I bet it's all female 😀

I bet the Pips are on there!

Let's hope so.

At the risk of sounding ignorant [[why change the habits etc....), I wonder whether the fact that they've already issued Motown Unreleased up to 1967 would rule out any new songs up to 1967 appearing on Motown Girls 3? All having to be 68 or later?

On September 9, 2015, Keith Hughes stated this concerning the selections for Motown Girls 2:

"The only criterion was never-before-released on vinyl or CD"

As the tracklising for MG2 included a few selections previously available as digital download only, I would expect MG3 to also have a few more from the earlier digital dowloads.
    Will there be any recent vault discoveries of songs recorded before 68 or even a track or two held back from the digital releases specifically for this and/or like projects , I don't know.

I think there could be something to be said for having better mixed versions of the tracks from the Motown Unreleased series but too many "repeats" might prove a little disappointing. Of course there may not be too much of a choice so what will be will be [[and will, no doubt, be good anyway).