[REMOVE ADS]

Video Alert! Mary Wilson in Moscow!

"America's Supreme", Mary Wilson is profiled here on "PrimeTime Russia":

topdiva1 Guest
    Mary Wilson looks fabulous and her legacy remains intact. I predict this will not be her last tour of Russia - I am however just as certain that Ross will follow with a Russian Tour soon. As she should.

Strange as it may sound - Mary Wilson will be big in Russia.

I believe you're right. She is already receiving National media coverage there.

Nice to see some news coverage like this.

What song was Mary singing in the video playing in the background of this report?

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    What song was Mary singing in the video playing in the background of this report?
    Good question - where and when is that video from - it looks very interesting.

That is from her 1996 release called "U". It received airplay here in New York City during it's release. I can remember hearing Frankie Crocker playing it during evening drivetime on WBLS. He had recently returned to the station at that time:

topdiva1 Guest
    Hot video - this could have been a hit!!!

Mary still rises - although she was never treated well and given any respect at Motown.

Great news segment on Mary.

This is wonderful! Thank you for posting, Marv. That was a great piece on Mary. The SDF haters are probably getting ready for their counter attack. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    This is wonderful! Thank you for posting, Marv. That was a great piece on Mary. The SDF haters are probably getting ready for their counter attack. lol.

You are just too smart young man! LOL!!!

I appreciate this video, thanks so much Marv. She always gives me a smile. From a psychological perspective, she was treated like crap, but kept the notes along the way to keep it all together. Frankly, her strong "can do" attitude negated the efforts of those who tried to destroy her. This video is proof she is a smart and secure strong woman. I like how she has created an individual legacy and not only being an original member and co-founder of the most famous female singing group of all time.

Thanks again.
    jon

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I appreciate this video, thanks so much Marv. She always gives me a smile. From a psychological perspective, she was treated like crap, but kept the notes along the way to keep it all together. Frankly, her strong "can do" attitude negated the efforts of those who tried to destroy her. This video is proof she is a smart and secure strong woman. I like how she has created an individual legacy and not only being an original member and co-founder of the most famous female singing group of all time.

Thanks again.
    jon

How elegantly and truthfully stated. I enjoyed this post.

This is good coverage for Mary, I am happy for her. The girls were the first for a lot of things and people generally forget that.

miss_lish Guest
    I re-read Mary's Supreme Faith this past weekend; it was shocking how terribly she was treated at Motown. This video speaks volumes to her strength of character. She has become a stellar performer and her career appears to be gaining momentum. I will do my part. I had planned to go to the UK to catch a few of her shows there, and a few other reasons ;o); sadly, it didn't work out.

Its nice to see Mary is still out there and going strong. Supreme Faith indeed...Paulo xxxx

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    I re-read Mary's Supreme Faith this past weekend; it was shocking how terribly she was treated at Motown. This video speaks volumes to her strength of character. She has become a stellar performer and her career appears to be gaining momentum. I will do my part. I had planned to go to the UK to catch a few of her shows there, and a few other reasons ;o); sadly, it didn't work out.
    We were able to see her Up Close show in Los Angeles. It was wonderful. It was also the last time we got together with our friend Andy who passed away months later.

miss_lish Guest
    Oh, how nice you were all together for that performance, Miss Olamae. Perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned Andy by name tho, some psycho may go all awry attempting to discount your story that your friend has passed.

topdiva1 Guest
    Oh, how nice you were all together for that performance, Miss Olamae. Perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned Andy by name tho, some psycho may go all awry attempting to discount your story that your friend has passed.
    When Andrew Burnett died of a heart attack - it was a shock to many. He will always be remembered for his trademark saying "baybee".

RIP Supreme Fan

Mary Wilson continues her tour of the former Soviet Union. Here she is last night in Kiev, Ukraine doing what she does best!

u go demo! Ok Mary did pretty good on You Cant Hurry Love. Though I have felt she should avoid it as it doesnt seem to suit her voice. She sang it softer and it came out better.

I really liked how she did it here. She stuck to the original melody, the tempo was just right and she adds a little of her own ad libs, but overall it sounds great.

Does she ever sing Symphony?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Does she ever sing Symphony?
    Yes! During her Symphony Concerts hehehehehe:

check it out:

Makes sense lol!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Makes sense lol!
    Yeah. This performance was particular special because the audience held so many, many people that I know personally.

When singing with the Houston Symphony, she opened the show singing it from the wings. She had great range and was hitting some pretty high notes. She came prepared with alot of merchadise and it sold out quick. The meet and greet line was real long I quit counting at 100. Love Child and My World were stand outs her from the Sups material. The non-Motown was superb.

topdiva1 Guest
    And she is still THE PRETTY ONE.

topdiva1 Guest
    It was fine to mention Andy by name for I already knew who he was - it is ODD that you stalkers did not comment on that. I guess you had no way of making a mess out of that and thus this thread.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    We were able to see her Up Close show in Los Angeles. It was wonderful. It was also the last time we got together with our friend Andy who passed away months later.
    I am not surprised you did not comment on my KNOWING all about the late Andrew B, - Kitty kat got your tongue, baybee!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Ole fool.

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    yes! During her symphony concerts hehehehehe:

Check it out:
    fantastic!!!

Here is a shot of Mary during her Russian Tour:

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah. This performance was particular special because the audience held so many, many people that I know personally.

mervetta meant to say "particularly special" because he knows so many people personally. Impressive.

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    I am not surprised you did not comment on my KNOWING all about the late Andrew B, - Kitty kat got your tongue, baybee!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Ole fool.

Miss Thing; AS IF Andy wasn't a well known fixture in SupremeNation. Stifle yourself Edith.

topdiva1 Guest
    Miss Thing; AS IF Andy wasn't a well known fixture in SupremeNation. Stifle yourself Edith.

Supreme Nation? - whats that? - never heard of it- is it - some kind of glee club? - where you ole fools carry on. Good goodness you people are Supreme on complete life long over load - how frightening.