[REMOVE ADS]

Fred Bridges/Four Tops

Just received a call that Fred is in the hospital and sadly his health is rapidly declining. Please send him, as well as his family and friends your thoughts and prayers.

For those that may not know, Fred has been [[the 5th Top) and manager for the group for more than 40 years and also had his own musical career. There's an article on the forum about him if anyone is interested.

Yes I remember Fred. My prayers and good thoughts go out to him for a full recovery. Thank you Ms_m.

Prayers go out to him Ms M!

I had no idea there was a 5th Top, how wonderful. I did not know about Fred Bridges but I do now

Best wishes to Fred too ms_m!

Best wishes to Fred at this time.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Fred is a class act guy and he is in my thoughts.

Please get well Fred. You took us around Detroit showing us notable places and invited myself, David and Harry to your home in 2003. Thank you. And may I say one of my favourite compositions of yours is 'Baby don't you weep' by Edward Hamilton and the Arabians:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOFxjzQM16I

Get well!! xx

Carl Dixon

I regret to inform you that Fred Bridges passed away earlier this afternoon per ms_m. Ms_m informed me she will post more details when she gets the opportunity.

I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting Mr. Bridges several times, through ms_m. He was upbeat, down to earth and always willing to lend a hand. My condolences go out to this family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    I regret to inform you that Fred Bridges passed away earlier this afternoon per ms_m. Ms_m informed me she will post more details when she gets the opportunity.

I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting Mr. Bridges several times, through ms_m. He was upbeat, down to earth and always willing to lend a hand. My condolences go out to this family and friends.
    I am sorry to hear this. God Bless him and may he rest in peace.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  21.1 KB
    Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his friends and family.

Sad to hear this

Rest in peace Fred Bridges

How sad to hear, Rest in Peace Fred, and Thanks for all You did.

Name:  met fred bridges.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  9.4 KB Ronnie McNeir confirmed me that Fred has left us after being over 40 years with the Four Tops , peace and respect from Amsterdam.

So sorry to hear that Des.........RIP

Here Fred Bridges, along with Billy Wilson being interviewed on "The Dr. Tunishai Ford Show".

Carl Dixon, Yes I remember that day well. Fred was a true gentleman and a great tour guide. Dave and I met him in Glasgow on a Four Tops tour.
    R.I.P Fred. Condolences to his family
    Harry

Harry, we sure were looked after on that special trip 15 years ago now. Meeting Fred, Dennis, Millie, and the other soulfuldetroit members. Life is too precious. Fred will be missed. I will be asking for 'Baby don't you weep' to be played at the Kingston all dayer on Saturday.

I liked the Brothers of Soul very much and am glad that SDF did that bio on Fred a few years ago [[I just read it again). I thought "I Guess That Don't Make Me A Looser" should have been a bigger hit for the group than it was. That song and others by them remind of my teenage years. Just yesterday I played their Collectables CD and to find out today that Fred died is sobering. But, I was gladdened to read in the bio that he gave his life to Christ which means he is now in his presence.

Fred did quite a bit of recording at Tera Shirma. Even way back then, I knew there was something special about the guy.