[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes A' Go-Go Expanded Edition

Just sticking my head in here to give my thanks to Andy Skurow, George Solomon, Harry Weinger, and Kevin Reeves for producing a fantastic expanded edition! The sound quality is top notch, not compressed or hyper-limited, and the song selection and quality is unsurpassed. I was impressed by the created duet with the Four Tops on "Shake Me, Wake Me [[When It's Over)". It was the inclusion of the MONO version of the album that made me open my wallet.

The sound quality of this set is much, much better than the old Motown CD i've had in my collection since the late 80s.

Unless it's already in the works, i'd like to see a similar project done for The Temptations "With a Lot 'O' Soul" album, and something from the 70s, maybe something by Commodores, or the Jackson 5.

I heartily concur, I'm still amazed at what an awesome set A-Go-Go turned out to be. Looking very much forward to future releases. C'mon "Sing H-D-H", we're waiting for you!

i'm surprised there haven't been other groups and artists to get more expanded packages. Wonder if the MRATV and the 4Tops Lost and Found releases were used to test the waters? wonder how they sold. i'd LOVE expanded editions of the Tops work with Frank Wilson. But perhaps there just isn't the volume of unreleased content

and they have released a bunch of J5 sets of unreleased material. wonder if that well is running a bit dry too.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Just sticking my head in here to give my thanks to Andy Skurow, George Solomon, Harry Weinger, and Kevin Reeves for producing a fantastic expanded edition! The sound quality is top notch, not compressed or hyper-limited, and the song selection and quality is unsurpassed. I was impressed by the created duet with the Four Tops on "Shake Me, Wake Me [[When It's Over)". It was the inclusion of the MONO version of the album that made me open my wallet.

The sound quality of this set is much, much better than the old Motown CD i've had in my collection since the late 80s.

Unless it's already in the works, i'd like to see a similar project done for The Temptations "With a Lot 'O' Soul" album, and something from the 70s, maybe something by Commodores, or the Jackson 5.
    Andy Skurow, George Solomon, Harry Weinger, and Kevin Reeves please all take a bow! Possibly because it's the most recent release, IMO it's the best Super Duper Supreme's LP, and the fact that it is on my ipad, there is not a day that goes by that I don't chose to listen to at least one song from this project. Or maybe it was the unending exasperating wait for the release which made it a 51st Anniversary release, or the fact that someone produced a great t-shirt from the CD cover, or knowing that extra doses of love and care went into the track listing sequence, or the imagination to combine Levi with Diana with Shake Me Wake Me. This was a top tier release that should have found a home with not just Motown fans, lovers of the Supreme's, R+B keepers of the faith, or certainly any music fan who was around 50 years ago.