[REMOVE ADS]

70 Supremes singles mix

i've loved having the DRATS 50th Anniversary Singles set, as you get to hear to differences between lp and single mixes. just which they'd have continued to include the 70s Sups

What single mixes have been released already and where? many of the A sides have been released but a few are still MIA? what about B sides? for Bill When Are You, it's a totally different vocal. are there other differences between B sides and their lp versions?

Up the Ladder - box set
    Bill When are you coming back - box set

Everybody's got the right
    But I Love You More

Stoned Love - Greatest Hits Rare Classics
    Shine On me

River Deep - Four Tops 50th Anniv
    Together We can Make such sweet music - Four Tops 50th Anniv

Nathan Jones - box set
    Happy Is a bumpy Road

You Gotta Have Love - Four Tops 50th Anniv
    i'm Glad About It - Four Tops 50th Annie

Touch - box set
    It's So Hard for me

Floy Joy
    This is the story

Automatically Sunshine - box set
    Precious Little Things

Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet love
    The Wisdom of Time

I Guess I'll Miss the Man - box set
    Over and Over

Bad Weather - box set
    Oh Be My Love

He's My Man
    Give Out but don't give up

Where do i go from here - Let Yourself go set
    Give out

I'm gonna let my heart
    Early Morning Love

You're My Driving Wheel - Box Set
    You're Whats Missing

Let Yourself Go
    You Are the Heart of me

some of these are available in the motown singles collections. I have downloaded a few

[QUOTE=sup_fan;330553]i've loved having the DRATS 50th Anniversary Singles set, as you get to hear to differences between lp and single mixes. just which they'd have continued to include the 70s Sups

What single mixes have been released already and where? many of the A sides have been released but a few are still MIA? what about B sides? for Bill When Are You, it's a totally different vocal. are there other differences between B sides and their lp versions?

Up the Ladder - box set
    Bill When are you coming back - box set

Everybody's got the right
    But I Love You More

Stoned Love - Greatest Hits Rare Classics
    Shine On me

River Deep - Four Tops 50th Anniv
    Together We can Make such sweet music - Four Tops 50th Anniv

Nathan Jones - box set
    Happy Is a bumpy Road

You Gotta Have Love - Four Tops 50th Anniv
    i'm Glad About It - Four Tops 50th Annie

Touch - box set
    It's So Hard for me

Floy Joy
    This is the story

Automatically Sunshine - box set
    Precious Little Things

Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet love
    The Wisdom of Time

I Guess I'll Miss the Man - box set
    Over and Over

Bad Weather - box set
    Oh Be My Love

He's My Man
    Give Out but don't give up

Where do i go from here - Let Yourself go set
    Give out

I'm gonna let my heart
    Early Morning Love

You're Whats Missing

Let Yourself Go

You Are the Heart of me[/Wow, what a comprehensive job you have done!!! I wish that I could contribute some information, but I admire your work. THIS is the kind of post we should have on this SDF Board!!!!

Unless they are not actually the single mixes I would think most are available on The Complete Motown Singles sets. The final volume, 12b, includes
    Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love / The Wisdom of Time
    I Guess I'll Miss The Man / Over and Over

Presumably the MIAs are from Bad Weather onwards?

i was a bad fan and never purchased the Singles collections lol totally forgot about those packages and will look into them. not sure if they're not outrageously priced on eBay or not. or if you can get them digitally. frankly i'm not interested in EVERY motown single. i'm happy with my current collections on Marvelletttes, Vandellas and 4 tops. but want to get the Sup stuff

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i was a bad fan and never purchased the Singles collections lol totally forgot about those packages and will look into them. not sure if they're not outrageously priced on eBay or not. or if you can get them digitally. frankly i'm not interested in EVERY motown single. i'm happy with my current collections on Marvelletttes, Vandellas and 4 tops. but want to get the Sup stuff
    If you're a big Motown fan then you truly missed out on the singles collection. They had many great songs that I had never heard, many great pictures and the liner notes were outstanding.

I strongly urge you to find that singles collection! The mixes sound superior over the mono mixes in most cases.

You're Whats Missing
    Isn't the "Driving Wheel" on the box set labelled a "Promotion-only Single Mix"?

I believe that this is the Commercial 45 of "You're My Driving Wheel".

I'm gonna let my heart
    Early Morning Love
    I can't find a Youtube video matching the single length "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking", but the Anthology Series' "Best of Diana Ross & the Supremes" from 1995 seems to be the right length. Scherrie's vocals come in at the 2.5second mark, as opposed to 8.5seconds on the LP version. This mix/edit can also be found on "Gold".

The "Greatest Hits & Rare Classics" version of "Walking" runs the same length as the single but it's a different mix/edit and it uses much of the Alternate Vocal[[s) found on the Russ Terrana Mix. Was this version also mixed by Mr. Terrana?
    Last edited by smallworld; 01-20-2018 at 08:17 AM.

worst lip sinc performance I have ever seen. She was nowhere near the mic. Lead singer should stand still and sing, not move like she has ants in her pants. Who managed this group and called the shots?
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 01-20-2018 at 08:37 AM.

A poster in the comments for this video asserts that this mix has never been released commercially. Does anyone know if it's been located in the vaults?

Such a huge departure from the controlled refined elegance of the Diana years.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    A poster in the comments for this video asserts that this mix has never been released commercially. Does anyone know if it's been located in the vaults?

I just listened. No, I don't believe it has been released. It features more of Susaye's lead vocal.

IMHO, the 70's Rare Classics CD has the best versions of many of the songs. Nice to have unedited mixes. I would have rather not had any JWebb LP cuts, or This is Why I Believe in You, but this is one of my fav. CDs and I reach for it often. The single mixes had much better fidelity. Up The Ladder on the Right On LP sounds both compressed and very pulled back. The single mix of Stoned Love is phenomenal fidelity wise, but the intro remains one of the sloppiest edits...Nathan Jones single mix whips it! Another one of my favs...much better than the LP cut. The LP version of Driving Wheel is my fav. That banging piano and the shuffling percussion make the track .I hate the mix on the Best of...I always thought Let Yourself Go sounded better slowed down a bit. Same with He's My Man. I used to pitch control them when I played them for friends. On a unrelated to Sups note, but since I am flashing on pitch preference...
    I loved the Celi Bee song Alternating Currents...[[1976??) I had the 12" when it was new, and said "Oh, "Macho.. A Real Real One" is the B side. The version of Macho they were playing on the radio was much MUCH slower. I still never listen to that one at the pressed speed.....and, I cant find much info at all on a song called Summer Breeze by a group called Baiser. That is possibly my all time fav. 12"...I believe they were a French or Canadian studio unit...if anyone reading can help, thank you.