[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Danced To ... Diana Ross! Last Night In LA

... and what I would have given to have been there!

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/07/diana-...ces-the-abbey/

Another video at the below link. I know that she has always been a gay icon. Was wondering if the young gay community even knows her. I guess they do

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/07/diana-...ces-the-abbey/

Looking good!
    Attachment 13876

Fun! Our girl looks like she's having a great time!

Whoa~ I see and hear a fun & funky Diana recording in the works!

This looks like promotion~I wonder if this club reports to Billboard for chart purposes.

I imagine the song will now go to number 1. I wonder how many of those young men in the club went home and searched Diana’s catalogue on YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I imagine the song will now go to number 1. I wonder how many of those young men in the club went home and searched Diana’s catalogue on YouTube?
    I think you are right. I bet that club is one of the clubs Billboard monitors and she was asked to attend so it can get to #1.

Search YouTube? I don't know. I think that is a bigger stretch but maybe she got some new fans.

I'd say the name Diana Ross is likely familiar to most any clubgoer, regardless of age. After all people of my age were well familiar with the gay-icon ladies of the '40s and '50s, so this shouldn't be any different. I'll guess, as others have, that this was probably a promotional deal.

They just showed Diana's visit to the Abbey on ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT. They mentioned the #2 position of the AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH remix, and plugged the release of the DIAMOND DIANA cd on Friday.

I guess it could be a promo stop, but I don't know that one appearance at one club would do much for chart positioning. But since Diana's appearance was mentioned on ET, perhaps that was the plan of Evan's -

This was a really cool occurrence.

I'd rather give son Evan credit this time around and think this was sort of a spontaneous move on his part just to give his Mom a thrill that her honor, The Boss, was indeed still relevant in clubland . If this were something prearranged I'm guessing the club would have provided her a more secure situation on a platform or something where she might have even sang a bit over her own song.
    As it is, it seems Diana stayed only briefly, , but I give her full props for braving the general floor like that and mingling a bit. I question whether she's actually having much of a good time , her face looks a little pained, but it'd be hard to let loose when people are surrounding you and shoving their phone cameras into your face. Tsk! No manners nor the concept of respect these days!!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-11-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Boogie, to me this sounds like something publicists and managers thought of. And, It looks to me like she was behind the bar or partitioned off from the little people.

Somebody on here wrote that the Dance Club Play Chart only monitors 6 major clubs - and that makes up the Chart. I would assume this was one of them. Not many 73 year olds would likely want to hang out at a club with a lot of boom boom music going on.