[REMOVE ADS]

Another CD worth seeking out...Motown...Fame and Beyond

William Goldstein - "Motown,,,,Fame & Beyond". Very nice set which also included at least 3 previously unreleased tracks.

Name:  38505045645_a249c8c494_b [[1).jpg
Views: 668
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  39382582781_9968eab0a7_b.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  98.6 KB

This CD looks great. How would someone go about getting one? Is it available for purchase?

I'm always a little annoyed when something is listed as "Motown" and it's anything but.

I'd be interested in finding out the recording dates.

https://www.amazon.com/Songbook-Will...ongbookhttp://Some tracks are available on this CD....

And some available on download here ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Songbook-Wi...stein+songbook
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 01-06-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Well... This IS Motown indeed.
    William Goldstein is not anything but Motown imho.
    Plus we have here vocals tracks by Smokey, Syreeta or Thelma Houston that we don’t have elsewhere on a physical cd - ok on that cd there’s some unrelated material too...

THE BEST OF WILLIAM GOLDSTEIN was one of the first download only Motown product.
    This includes a good number of the tracks included on FAME AND BEYOND. But not all, there’s a Syreeta track on the MOTOWN FAME AND BEYOND cd that is just not on any other physical cd.

The link to the Amazon cd is great as the Syreeta track in question is included indeed. So if you have the BEST OF WILLIAM GOLDSTEIN, you nevertheless needs this Amazon cd - or MOTOWN FAME AND BEYOND.

Those Amazon cds are cdr done on demand. I have a few of them, including a complete 2 cds set of pre Motown Gladys Knight and the Pips singles collection, and some repackaged collections of Htf Motorcity cds.
    Design is cheap but it’s whats in the groove that counts. So...

Thanks for the heads ups as I discovered a new Syreeta track available digitally.

JB

Btw...

THE BEST OF WILLIMAM GOLDSTEIN is in fact an expanded edition of that Motown lp :

https://www.discogs.com/Motown-Magic.../master/175981

I guess some of us may be more familiar with that one...

First volume was that one :

https://www.discogs.com/fr/The-Magic-Disco-Machine-Disc-O-Tech/master/53457

This has yet to appear on cd, although some of the tracks made it to cd when vocals were added - I’m thinking of the COME AND GET IT collection by the J5 in 2009
    Last edited by jbpintus; 01-07-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbpintus View Post

This has yet to appear on cd, although some of the tracks made it to cd when vocals were added - I’m thinking of the COME AND GET IT collection by the J5 in 2009
    And "Bend a Little" which is on one of the volumes came out with Scherrie and the Supremes outstanding vocals. It's a mystery why that track never saw the light of day before the box set!

I have the Motown and Beyond CD, and there's another Goldstein companion piece that goes with it though I can't remember if that piece also includes Motown or not. They were apparently promos only as they both have the "complimentary of Gerber Financial" on them. My memory is that the second CD isn't Motown focused [[but of course being a collector, I had to have both!).

I was really glad to find the Motown and Beyond because I always liked the Magic Disco Machine albums even though some of the tracks sound awfully dated now. I think I only paid about $3 for each of them.
    Last edited by kenneth; 01-07-2018 at 09:35 PM.