[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Quads

Quads

Hi everyone,

Apart for the Diana Ross “Last time I saw ... “ quad mix, does anyone know what other Motown quad mixes have been available on CD or for download?

I read somewhere that hip-o-select considered including these on some side f the expanded editions [[as above) but couldn’t locate the masters.

The Japan CD4 Quad mix of "Pledging My Love" by Diana & Marvin was released on Marvin Gaye's CD Love Songs: Greatest Duets

I own Lets Get It On and Diana & Marvin in Japanese Quad vinyl.
    I also have Lets Get It On and Marvin Gaye Collection in surround on DVD-Audio

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    The Japan CD4 Quad mix of "Pledging My Love" by Diana & Marvin was released on Marvin Gaye's CD Love Songs: Greatest Duets
    Thanks for this info. Have any other Diana & Marvin Japanese quad tracks been released on compilations stateside?

I didn't realise that the "Pledging My Love" on the Marvin Gaye Love Songs: Greatest Hits CD was the QUAD mix; I had avoided this release after hearing what they did to "Distant Lover".

Feedback on good or bad QUAD mixes would be welcomed; very interested in whether What's Going On was any good... and the Rare Earth tracks...

The japanese quad version of the Jackson 5 Greatest Hits contains a lot of interesting alternate vocals [[ ABC , I Found That Girl , Sugar Daddy , I'll Be There , ...) and mixes [[ especially The Love You Save and the prominent strings ) .
    Can't wait for a CD release ... maybe in 2019 for the 50th anniversary of the J5 debut at Motown !

If anyone has digitised any of the quad releases then pm me as I am interested in obtaining these. Thx

If anyone has digitised any of the quad releases then pm me as I am interested in obtaining these. Thx