[REMOVE ADS]

For Scherrie Payne fans

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/869...r=release_date

This has been issued before, but, the forthcoming CD has some bonus tracks...in case you didn't pick it up the first time around. Scherrie is now the only living member of Glass House.

I had never heard "Crumbs" and only in SP's Supremes bio did I hear of Glass House. I became a SP fanatic, and imagined a much more successful [[and deserved) chart run forth group when I heard and saw Scherrie. Although I loved Jean, the sound had more or less become a tad bland compared to what else was out there, and
    Scherrie added spark and energy. And my much loved Cindy had returned, I thought this in up with 2 high profile and publicly known
    Supreme names with the addition of this new powder keg/ firecracker voice and stage presence was going to re-establish the
    group as consistent top hit makers. Problems were 1) it took 2 years...too long to get product to the public 2) the group was still caught up in the Vegas hi glitz...
    Back to Glass House: When I got the Partners LP, I wandered over to the 1/2 bin of previously played LP section of Barry's on 23rd St in NYC, and the very first LP behind the white divider had a
    generic green paper LP sleeve, and an Invictus label. There was "Inside Glass House". I went home very happy. I thought it was very typical sounding early 70's soul, with the noticeable HDH quality. I was familiar with Freda and Honey Cone's Invictus label work [[and some Chairmen of The Board/8th Day work) & you could hear the identifiable label sound, just like a Motown issue in the 60's.
    I liked some of it a lot...."If It Ain't Love" ''Crumbs" and the quirky
    "Hotel".....I

I didn't get to finish my post...the letters kept sticking and it took over 20 minutes just to type the first one.
    I have 2 Glass House CD's now....one I believe is Thanks I Needed That/Inside Glass House, and the other is a single disc best of with
    glass block style lettering that reminds me a bit of Kool & Gang debut lettering. Some songs say "unreleased" on that one, and there is some very nice Scherrie work here..."Horse and Rider"
    comes to mind. she was clearly developing a style and artistry that reached maturity on the Partners LP....In The Night happens to be my favorite song from that set, and after High Energy my favorite
    Susaye performance

Scherrie Payne is one of the most under appreciated singers I can think of. I will be getting this CD.