[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Uncut

https://youtu.be/A6yNlSyiBLE

Not totally sure this worked

It did - fun - the aired clip, of course, omitted some of the spoken intro. Thanks for finding!

when she sings Ain’t No Mountain today, she unwisely shouts the speaking parts in a most unmusical way.

Thank you for sharing this. What is amazing to me is the skill in which the editors can cut and weave clips from this performance into an almost flawless final product. To the perfectionists here: note I said almost flawless.

What is amazing is that this is out there on the internet - obviously part of around that is also "uncut".

If there was time in the original production, I would have left this in; to me, this is better than what they released.

Love Miss Ross. Interesting that they edited most of the song's intro for broadcast. I've always felt that she came off as a bit uneasy in her performance on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    Love Miss Ross. Interesting that they edited most of the song's intro for broadcast. I've always felt that she came off as a bit uneasy in her performance on this show.
    And the part they cut out was the best part!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    Agreed. Several books, etc have reiterated that point. Of course a lot of Motowners did not have anywhere near the success of Our Miss Ross and jealousy was high in the mix. Good gracious the lady looked fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Agreed. Several books, etc have reiterated that point. Of course a lot of Motowners did not have anywhere near the success of Our Miss Ross and jealousy was high in the mix. Good gracious the lady looked fine!!
    Yas! All of this. The lady was at the very height of her powers. But then, when has she not been? Even her cough drop stained tongue could not detract! LOL!

And it wasn’t even Lypsynched

I love this. They sure did cut out the best part. Why didn't they include this footage on the Motown DVD box set?

Even if the Supremes reunion went well, I would not want to be her that particular night. I'm sure she was aware that there would be a certain amount of ill will towards her for simply being as successful and having a much more sustainable career than many of her former label mates. The first big sin of the night was Mary, Martha & Jr. being reduced to cameo appearances and not enough stress on the contribution of the [[if necessary due to ability) absent Marvellettes. The Supremes reunion mess was most likely more due to not enough rehearsal, flubbed cues and errors than all the animosity it was made out to be. It would have been nice to include Jean as the Supremes reunion, and then have a Ross segment limited to what she was willing to do.
    Perhaps she just wasn't ready for this very important and pubic moment and was badgered by the production staff.
    Last edited by gman; 12-30-2017 at 05:34 PM.

One of the disappointing things about Motown is how many of the players in the story ended up with little or nothing and how about 4 of them [[Berry Diana Smokey and Stevie) got everything

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    One of the disappointing things about Motown is how many of the players in the story ended up with little or nothing and how about 4 of them [[Berry Diana Smokey and Stevie) got everything
    Most likely tailored for tv ratings -

There was so much talent present from the founding days. I would have preferred the Commodores be the latest and newest performers on this special, Farewell to The First Golden Era...and have a 2nd 60 or 90 Min. show featuring the current acts and Adam Ant/ Linda Ronstadt tribute style performances...then Kim Weston, Brenda Halloway, R. Dean Taylor and Rare Earth could have had a chance to perform a major hit, too. I'd bet in retrospect a lot would have been done differently by the team responsible for the decisions.

Wow. I'm shocked to see this. If this wasn't a part of the re-release, I wonder what other uncut footage could see the light of the day? Yes, I'm talking about the uncut reunion portion. I'm tired of the conflicting stories [[which I personally believe both sides contain truths and fiction). I want to see what happened for myself. As for the clip posted, it's great to see. I hate that she was sick. What a crappy time to catch something. She normally tears the climax of this song up.

I feel just as you. If this is out there with someone who will post it on YouTube, what else is out there.

This is very good and there might be other historical documentation we'd like to see.

You think the spoken intro was live???

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    You think the spoken intro was live???
    I listened carefully and I thought so. Others?

Like the "should be nameless Taborelli", I think her voice was weak that night and she seemed uncomfortable in front of that audience.

Contrary to what he reported, there is no hole on her jacket, since this so called "hole" is repeated on both sides, left and right. this is just how the model was intended to be. She cleverly wore a short skirt, knowing all others girls would be overdressed.

Yes her tongue is bright pink

she looked like a million bucks....she looked like she was in excellent shape, dressed smartly stylish....the silver top added enough glitz and the skirt was well fitted and looked great on her with the stockings and heels. she didn't need more...she smartly kept the jewelry simple and only used the fur as a entrance prop.
    Cindy looked beautiful and tasteful in a non threatening, understated elegant way that showed class. [[Much like Claudette did that night) And Mary lived up to the sexy one in that can't-miss -with-Red high slit gown.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Even if the Supremes reunion went well, I would not want to be her that particular night. I'm sure she was aware that there would be a certain amount of ill will towards her for simply being as successful and having a much more sustainable career than many of her former label mates. The first big sin of the night was Mary, Martha & Jr. being reduced to cameo appearances and not enough stress on the contribution of the [[if necessary due to ability) absent Marvellettes. The Supremes reunion mess was most likely more due to not enough rehearsal, flubbed cues and errors than all the animosity it was made out to be. It would have been nice to include Jean as the Supremes reunion, and then have a Ross segment limited to what she was willing to do.
    Perhaps she just wasn't ready for this very important and pubic moment and was badgered by the production staff.
    And [[as others have said on this forum) this was the first time that Diana Ross & Berry Gordy were in the same place since she left Motown for RCA in 1981 so I'm sure that Diana was on edge that night. Anyway thanks to Jobeterob for sharing the unedited clip of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".