[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu- "Gold" [[3CD Compliation) 5/7/2021

May sees the release of Lulu Gold, a new best of that offers 60 tracks across three CDs and a more limited selection on one vinyl record.

The triple CD package works its way through the various eras. It starts with ‘Shout’, her cover of the Isley Brothers song, then takes in her hits for EMI including ‘To Sir, With Love’, ‘Boom Bang-a-Bang’, the Bond theme, ‘The Man With The Golden Gun’ [[not a hit) and the David Bowie-produced ‘Watch That Man’ and ‘The Man Who Sold The World’ [[which reached #3 in the UK singles chart). As you might expect, there’s a fair amount of less familiar tracks in between but hits started again for Lulu in the 1990s with ‘Independence’ and her ‘Relight My Fire’, her 1993 duet with Take That that took her to the top of the UK chart for the first [[and so far, only) time.

If you think 60 tracks is more Lulu than any man [[or woman) can possibly want, the vinyl takes things in the other direction, brutally condensing Lulu’s career down to just 13 tracks, and declaring that only ONE SONG is good enough to represent the last 47 years [[‘Relight My Fire’)!

The vinyl tracklisting:

1. SHOUT [Lulu and The Luvers]
    2. LEAVE A LITTLE LOVE
    3. TO SIR WITH LOVE
    4. THE BOAT THAT I ROW
    5. BOY
    6. LET’S PRETEND
    7. ME, THE PEACEFUL HEART
    8. I’M A TIGER
    9. BOOM BANG-A-BANG
    10. THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
    11. THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD
    12. WATCH THAT MAN
    13. RELIGHT MY FIRE [radio version] [Take That featuring Lulu]

https://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/ca...l/#tab-track-1

Some of the tracks are licensed from Phoenix Music International, which made Lulu's Alfa albums available on digital platforms from not too good vinyl rips... Caveat emptor.

Will probably indulge in this one. Happy to see any CDs still coming out in mid-year.