[REMOVE ADS]

'She's always mad about something' by The Delgonives

Hi everybody

I have another new release featuring Detroit's very own Drew Schultz on drums. This new number called 'She's always mad about something' by The Delgonives is officially released on the 20th December 2017 and has 12 interesting mixes. My formula now has individual vibe, organ and sax instrumentals with other vocal and instrumental derivatives. The radio mix normally a cut down version and the 'rhythm plus' mix a basic instrumental rhythm section lead, building up to the full sound. This time though, I am trying to capture a mid 70s style rather than a 60s groove. So, feel free to listen and download the free mono radio mix from this url:

https://soundcloud.com/bandtraxs/she...mono-vocal-mix

and this is the promo which is also downloadable:

https://soundcloud.com/bandtraxs/pro...the-delgonives

This was meant to be a female lead and called 'He's always mad about something', but the vocalist disappeared off the face of the earth [[The Formellas). So I am on the hunt for a decent female lead who can record a 24bit/44.1khz lead and 3 b/vs via their DAW. If you know anybody, please send them the url.

Also please share the link via social media if you feel you can. Thank you. Radio talent if you feel the song fits your broadcasting remit contact me for the DPK which features embedded MP3's sleeve art, presser and mono radio mix. It would be nice to get some radio airplay in Detroit ;-)

Hey 55, I always see your threads but never listen to your songs!

I just did and, I like it! The only thing I’m not mad about is the vocals. Kinda has that Four Seasons/Beach Boys vibe which I’m not the biggest fan of. But hey

Also, I listened to the promo mix, which seems to be a mix that discusses all the other mixes that I would probably prefer hearing, lol, are these available? [[love the sax )
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 12-19-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Ooh, I just checked iTunes and I think I worked it out — your song gets digitally released with all the mixes available upon release!?

Hi TomatoTom - Thank you.

The official release is the 20th December, but I allowed distribution before then to the different stores. It should have been in the iTunes store by now and I cannot understand why it's not, although they say it could take up to two weeks. My last release was there within an hour of pressing the distribute button at CD Baby. You can listen to all the mixes in their entirety via CD Baby and purchase there:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/thedelgonives13

And it is already in Amazon US/UK, and available to stream via Spotify. I guess iTunes need to catch up.

Yes, I do a number of mixes to exploit the rhythm track. It allows me to have multiple opportunities to help pay for the musicians. I know 'The Delgonives' vocals are rough lol, so the instrumentals may tick the boxes for some. Also as soon as I get a decent female lead, I will release a cover by 'The Formellas', so the b/v's will be more male/female orientated too.

All the best

ps - the sax player is great. He has a trombone player buddy who plays on these too. He is the one you can hear improvising in the Trom and Mad mixes.
    Last edited by 55Motown; 12-19-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Hey 55, no worries, what you’re doing is really great!

Ah, that’s why there’s all the different mixes! Fair enough. The rhythm tracks do sound great and retro

And, can I ask, what actually is a ‘Delgonive’? Is it a real thing or just a name? lol

Thank you and there lies a story TomatoTom.

I was on the night shift at work and was searching for The Delfonics on YouTube and I pressed The Delgonives instead and had nil returns - a blank screen, so I thought what a great name for a group. I pronounce it Del-John-eeves, but a few stations say Del-gone-ives, if that makes sense. It works.

And it is still not in iTunes. There is no way you can plan a release with a 2 week window for iTunes just hoping they may be able to release it in time. If the other stores can get access to it within hours, iTunes really need to up their game and do the same :-)

I just posted the 'Rhythm Plus' mix teaser on Soundcloud for a limited time, if anybody is interested. This is an instrumental:

https://soundcloud.com/bandtraxs/she...hythm-plus-mix
    Last edited by 55Motown; 12-20-2017 at 07:01 AM.

In all honesty, I have a problem with the name. Until you explained it I thought it was pronounced Del Gone Ives....However, I still don't like the name. A bit cumbersome. My opinion.

I agree Ralph, but the story works....and every time there is a response, the thread goes to the top which is not a bad thing. Interestingly The Delgonives are on rotation with 'Libby, let's leave it at that' and this new track on SURF 97.3 Flaggler Beach Radio. SURF were also the first station in the world, as far as I am aware, to play 'Santa, let's leave it at that' by the group.

Get a hit out of those guys and it will be one great name. I'm pulling for you.

Thanks Ralph.

TomatoTom, finally available on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sh...ing/1326090985

Now, all I need is some airplay......

Hey 55, now it makes sense! I was wondering how else you could come up with a name like ‘The Delgonives’!!! Certainly unique.

I have to agree with Ralph however, it is a bit odd. But still, it’s just a name, right?

Hopefully I’ll give the song [[in all its mixes!) a listen on iTunes when I get a chance. Good luck with it all too!!!!!!

TomatoTom

Thank you! I know the name is odd :-) If it makes people talk about the group or the music, they just may listen to the songs and then go to the next step. I hope every SD member reads this and comments....the more the merrier. Now that you mention it lol....Here is 'The Delgonives' Christmas song, including the glitch Youtube kindly put on with their encoding process.......'let's leave it that'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUGYtzI_9-E