[REMOVE ADS]

Doug Jones beat the Pedofile in Alabama.

Good won over EVIL.

Let those 18 women be heard and lets throw Trump out next.

I see many people have seen the error of their ways and are starting to take elections seriously. Glad to see my adopted home state of Alabama step up to the plate! Hope to see more of this during the midterms next year.

It just popped up on my feed. I’m waiting for the orange one to tweet his lame excuses on why Moore lost. But thank my brothers and sisters on a strong turnout to vote.

After last year, I refused to even be optimistic. It's sad that Jones won by ~20K votes out of 1.3 million ballots cast. With that said, my psyche couldn't take much more bad political news. We need to finish the job next year by flipping both houses of Congress and impeaching the Moron.

Yes! Justice of some sort. Drumpf just got his nasty fat ass handed to him. The first nail. So sweet.

Indeed, all around. A squeaker, but a win. But makes me sad to know that such a high percentage of Americans are so hateful as to vote for Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Good won over EVIL.

Let those 18 women be heard and lets throw Trump out next.
    And congratulations [[and thanks) to the Black/African American population of Alabama who turned out and won this race!

OH MY, YES, I saw this on the news. I'm glad.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    And congratulations [[and thanks) to the Black/African American population of Alabama who turned out and won this race!
    The exit polls are a little disturbing. If Jones didn't drum up a ton of black voters, he'd have lost in a landslide. Although he got a higher-than-expected number of white votes, white people in general went heavily for Moore. There were reports of wait times at black polling stations that lasted for more than an hour, so suppression efforts were in force. With that said, expect them to double down on ways to keep peoples of color from voting in these numbers in 2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.d32600790aa7

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The exit polls are a little disturbing. If Jones didn't drum up a ton of black voters, he'd have lost in a landslide. Although he got a higher-than-expected number of white votes, white people in general went heavily for Moore. There were reports of wait times at black polling stations that lasted for more than an hour, so suppression efforts were in force. With that said, expect them to double down on ways to keep peoples of color from voting in these numbers in 2020.

Absolutely. I've heard that roughly 63% of white women specifically supported Moore. It boggles the mind how folks vote against their best interest in the name of party. Shameful.

I understand, and there are challenges to be met for sure. But I want to hope that peoples of color see that their opinions DO matter and they do have the power to make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Absolutely. I've heard that roughly 63% of white women specifically supported Moore. It boggles the mind how folks vote against their best interest in the name of party. Shameful.
    Shameful, to be sure. But some white people will vote for the white candidate regardless, so the non-white population needs to see that their voices do matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Shameful, to be sure. But some white people will vote for the white candidate regardless, so the non-white population needs to see that their voices do matter.
    Oh, we know. Black women saved the day.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Oh, we know. Black women saved the day.
    ...Once again.

The Democrats need to put constant emphasis on engaging Black people in general and Black women in specific. They assume that they have that bloc locked up and don't provide adequate representation on their administration to Black women or use their policies in a way that makes their lives easier.

I think that they feel like they'll always be there, so they try to entice voters who are more centrist in their views. And frequently, those policies don't benefit their most consistent base of support. That's why a lot of Black people are willing to give up on the DNC. It's just too bad that the option is the current iteration of the Republican party.

Those who stand for righteousness are rejoicing right now, but this should be the beginning. You can't vote down one nut job and think all is better. You have to keep fighting, keep voting, keep the pressure on! The biggest mistake the Democrats [[and many independents) do is rest on their laurels, and think that people will always do the right thing in the end. Remember last year? Elections have consequences. Not voting has consequences. Pay attention! The FCC just killed net neutrality. The tax bill is looming. The ACA aka Obamacare, risks being gutted through this tax bill. Pay attention! Do not take your eye off the ball with side issues.

It's great that the pedophile Roy Moore lost, but look at how many people still voted for him. 20,715 is a relatively small difference when you really think about it. It was devastating to the GOP to lose a Senate seat, but it wasn't a mandate. An awful lot of White folk wanted Moore in because they like Donald Chump and what Moore stands for, which is a theocratic Jim Crow world. That should still worry you. And, if Moore hadn't had a thing for teenage girls, he might be enjoying his victory right now. There's a reason Fox & Friends are trying to blame his loss on Harvey Weinstein. They are trying to say "Hey, look! It's the Hollywood liberal's fault!". There's a reason Donald Chump is relieved. He is also accused of sexual assault, and there is evidence of it by his own admission.

The Democrats just lost John Conyers and Al Franken. Doug Jones only takes one of those seats. Dems have a ways to go, and that means you have to VOTE when the time comes.
    Last edited by soulster; 12-14-2017 at 05:57 PM.

...Once again.

The Democrats need to put constant emphasis on engaging Black people in general and Black women in specific. They assume that they have that bloc locked up and don't provide adequate representation on their administration to Black women or use their policies in a way that makes their lives easier.

I think that they feel like they'll always be there, so they try to entice voters who are more centrist in their views. And frequently, those policies don't benefit their most consistent base of support. That's why a lot of Black people are willing to give up on the DNC. It's just too bad that the option is the current iteration of the Republican party.
    That's absolutely correct, Jerry! As much as Blacks loved Hillary, remember that she didn't really speak to Black people until it became critical for her campaign. The same goes for the millennials. And, Bernie did a great job of it. That's why he enjoyed such a huge support from that demographic.

There's a reason so many young people want a third party. Neither the republikkkans or democrats speak to their concerns. The Democrats are closer, but they are also corrupt and inactive once they get into power. Don't forget the problems President Obama had with his own party in his first two years in office.

I saw a tape of President Obama insisting that the vote on the Affordable Care Act be held after Scott Walker, a vocal opponent of it, was sworn in. He wanted the will of the people to be respected in the process. Mitch McConnell already made it known that he has no intention of taking a similar high road with Doug Jones having a chance to vote on the Tax Scam. Amazing how he was in no similar hurry last year when President Obama nominated Merrick Garland for SCOTUS. I have no love for the Democrat Party, but the sheer lack of civility, disrespect, hubris, and greed of the RepubliKKKans makes me a Democrat by default.

THANK YOU to all the good people of the Yellowhammer State for choosing decency and yes, it’s a sad day when you have to congratulate people on not voting for a racist pedophile Christian taliban, but we live in strange times and we are taking about Alabama, the Heart of Dixie.Thank you, African-American voters who turned out for Doug Jones; Thank you, educated urban Democrats who turned out for Doug Jones; Thank you to the 22,819 Republicans who chose the write-in option for their vote [[at least you didn’t vote for the pervert in the cowboy hat); Thank you to the unnumbered Republicans who switched their vote from red to blue.
    To quote Frank Bruni of the New York Times, Alabamians showed The Powers That Be . . .
    . . . that there are limits to what voters will tolerate, in terms of the lies they’ll believe, the vices they’ll ignore and the distance they’ll stray from civilized norms.
    If Alabama isn’t beyond redemption, then the country isn’t, either. To use a word that Moore would appreciate: hallelujah.