[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Official Cindy contact Info

At least as of 2014 via her ex husband. I just came across this. Click on the arrow for info https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sEH-H-...hMPQ8c6QoVY%3D

I remember seeing this on youtube....does anybody know what happened to John Kydd who did the original vocal on the track supported by the former Supremes? this was the first track I heard with a lead vocal by Lynda. Yowsah!

....a few years later I was doing a slow float having a relaxing ride on a Lazy River tube ride at a waterpark in Wildwood NJ and they played a song and although I did not know the song at the time, I KNEW it was Lynda...that song was Hit & Miss. I got it on a 12" soon afterward at a pricey import store in Greenwich Village.

As for Cindy...despite DRs reply not knowing where she is, I think many people know exactly where and how she is, and are returning Cindy's role as a good and loyal friend and respecting her privacy.
    Love her dearly, and wish her the best...Always a sparkling, kind, talented and gentle lady.
    Last edited by gman; 12-08-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Maybe some of the fans can send this to Diana Ross who cannot find Cindy Birdsong:

Ms. Cindy Birdsong
    c/o Charles Hewlett
    16458 Bolsa Chica #403,
    Huntington Beach, CA 92649

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    I remember seeing this on youtube....does anybody know what happened to John Kydd who did the original vocal on the track supported by the former Supremes? this was the first track I heard with a lead vocal by Lynda. Yowsah!

....a few years later I was doing a slow float having a relaxing ride on a Lazy River tube ride at a waterpark in Wildwood NJ and they played a song and although I did not know the song at the time, I KNEW it was Lynda...that song was Hit & Miss. I got it on a 12" soon afterward at a pricey import store in Greenwich Village.

As for Cindy...despite DRs reply not knowing where she is, I think many people know exactly where and how she is, and are returning Cindy's role as a good and loyal friend and respecting her privacy.
    Love her dearly, and wish her the best...Always a sparkling, kind, talented and gentle lady.
    I've been asking about John Kydd for awhile around here. I even started a thread [[was blueskies then).
    Never got any answers to what he's up to these days.
    His recording was released in 1987. I had read Lynda did indeed
    sing on this, but, was unavailable when the pic was taken.
    https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...ight=john+kydd
    Last edited by lakeside; 12-08-2017 at 11:25 AM.

I thought same thing Marv. Patti Labelle said on tv this week she talked to Cindy about a year ago. She could let Diana know too.

Google is magic.

Does anyone know where or what is going on with Cindy ? Mary was quoted as saying Cindy was a little under the weather. Its obvious with all the evasive answers that Cindy is being guarded with privacy. Is it necessary to question Diana why don't you know or to ask Mary what heck is under the weather ?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Does anyone know where or what is going on with Cindy ? Mary was quoted as saying Cindy was a little under the weather. Its obvious with all the evasive answers that Cindy is being guarded with privacy. Is it necessary to question Diana why don't you know or to ask Mary what heck is under the weather ?
    Diana Ross knows where Cindy is. That answer kinda surprised me to, but I think it is Diana's way of just protecting Cindy by removing herself from the situation. Mary is also protective of Cindy's situation.

In a few days Cindy Birdsong will be 78. From the information I have received of recent, I doubt Cindy even realizes it.

We just need to continue to pray for Cindy. We all love her but we must understand that this is now a family situation and as fans all we can do is allow her the privacy she needs now and just put this in God's hands. Cindy has served God well for a very long time and he is taking care of her.

It seems like a few odd souls hoped Diana Ross would say Cindy is in a care home at 2540 Ash Street in Long Beach phone number 847 123 4567 call her up

My goodness

I always loved Cindy, and thought she was the epitome of class and grace. She was supreme.

I spent a lovely afternoon interviewing Cindy when Bernard Jay was her manager and she was promoting "Dancing Room" as a single: if she is suffering from what I understand she is, the 'distance' that both Ross and Wilson are taking, is, I'm sure, at Cindy's friends and Family's request..If you're a Supremes fan, regardless of whom you regard as the 'villain', leave Cindy out of it, show a little respect as a fan and some common decency as a person.. and Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    regardless of whom you regard as the 'villain', leave Cindy out of it, show a little respect as a fan and some common decency as a person.. and Merry Christmas!
    VERY well said. I couldn't agree with you more.

I never knew that Bernard Jay managed Cindy. I recognized his name from his having managed Divine for some years. He wrote a memoir about his times with Divine. He's had an interesting career:
    http://www.bernardjay.co.za/experience.html

I interviewed Divine several times, including one of the last interviews,and all that went through Bernard, so he asked me would I do something to help get Cindy's record off the ground and we met in his NYC apartment..his book on Divine is, needless to say, Fabulous!

I spent a lovely afternoon interviewing Cindy when Bernard Jay was her manager and she was promoting "Dancing Room" as a single: if she is suffering from what I understand she is, the 'distance' that both Ross and Wilson are taking, is, I'm sure, at Cindy's friends and Family's request..If you're a Supremes fan, regardless of whom you regard as the 'villain', leave Cindy out of it, show a little respect as a fan and some common decency as a person.. and Merry Christmas!
    Totally agree Jimi. I was given private information regarding Cindy's condition last year which i was asked to respect and i fully intend doing just that. I never did get to meet her, but i have heard nothing but good things about her. She should be left in peace. God bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It seems like a few odd souls hoped Diana Ross would say Cindy is in a care home at 2540 Ash Street in Long Beach phone number 847 123 4567 call her up

My goodness
    I'm with you on this one. While I'm sure Diana and Cindy had a unique bond, the fact remains that their relationship was business. As blunt as it sounds, they were co-workers for short of 3 years, over 40 years ago.

Diana always seemed supportive of Cindy and vice versa, but I can't imagine that over the past 4 decades they had much contact. So it surprises me that fans would ask Diana where or how Cindy is. I'm sure she knows, but I'm certain there are fans here that probably know more.

My goodness
    I don't think anyone was dumb enough to believe that Diana would say that. "I keep in touch with Cindy" seems like the most appropriate response to the question without violating Cindy's privacy. Even a "no comment" would've been better than trying to make us believe that Diana has no idea where Cindy is or that it would be impossible for her to track her down if she wanted to.

As stated above, I think Cindy is a wonderful person,and I wish her every good blessing available.From the Ross stand point, Cindy participated in backing out of The Supremes reunion in the early 2000's or whenever it was,and my feeling was that this was designed to humiliate Ross more than it was about money[[which Cindy could have used at the time). as a performing artist, someone who did this to me, in the public eye deliberately to hurt me, would be on my s**t list forever, not to be trusted , period. As we see these days, Miss Ross will survive, and is fully entitled to react to public betrayals however she chooses to do so; congrats on the Top ten Billboard dance chart single success; hope it goes to #1!

As stated above, I think Cindy is a wonderful person,and I wish her every good blessing available.From the Ross stand point, Cindy participated in backing out of The Supremes reunion in the early 2000's or whenever it was,and my feeling was that this was designed to humiliate Ross more than it was about money[[which Cindy could have used at the time). as a performing artist, someone who did this to me, in the public eye deliberately to hurt me, would be on my s**t list forever, not to be trusted , period. As we see these days, Miss Ross will survive, and is fully entitled to react to public betrayals however she chooses to do so; congrats on the Top ten Billboard dance chart single success; hope it goes to #1!
    I don’t know that to be true, Jimi. The story I got was that Cindy was kind of thrown out with the bathwater when negotiations with Mary broke down. Besides, it would be out of character for Cindy to want to humiliate anyone. That is all.

i don't think it was Cindy's intent to humiliate but she should have taken the offer when it was first given, considering the finance involved..she held out, and then the 'gunfight' on 20/20 Barbara Walters happened and that was the end of that and I can understand all parties positions but the one who needed that reunion least was Ross and the antics guaranteed that she'd never put her foot in that bear trap ever again, nor should she

i don't think it was Cindy's intent to humiliate but she should have taken the offer when it was first given, considering the finance involved..she held out, and then the 'gunfight' on 20/20 Barbara Walters happened and that was the end of that and I can understand all parties positions but the one who needed that reunion least was Ross and the antics guaranteed that she'd never put her foot in that bear trap ever again, nor should she
    I didn't know of this attempted reunion fiasco, I should research it more I think , but it does add a little different spin on the issue.

I think there is a Cindy interview around where she said she made a mistake, that she wanted to participate but left negotiations to Mary and she never got a chance to accept before it was all lost.

When things broke down in the Diva versus Diva negotiations between Diane and Mary, I suspect Cindy probably didn't want to get all balled up in the mess. Reportedly, when the project first was put forth, she dropped a lot of weight and was getting her voice back in shape, but then the other gals started with the money argument. I'm guessing that Cindy often was caught the middle between those two during the DRATS period and might have just gotten her belly full back then. Even if she had agreed to join the tour without Mary on board, a third would have had to be recruited, and without Mary it would not have been regarded as a true Supremes reunion and probably would have ended just as it did with Scherrie and Lynda. In Cindy's place I think I would have opted out as well, even if it meant forfeiting the million which I believe she was offered.

I think there is a Cindy interview around where she said she made a mistake, that she wanted to participate but left negotiations to Mary and she never got a chance to accept before it was all lost.
    I believe she stated something to this effect in either Goldmine or A Touch of Classic Soul.

Even before RTL was cancelled and some dates weren't selling as well as others, Cindy told USA Today that she had called Diana and told her "we should give the people what they want," but she had not heard back as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I believe she stated something to this effect in either Goldmine or A Touch of Classic Soul.

Even before RTL was cancelled and some dates weren't selling as well as others, Cindy told USA Today that she had called Diana and told her "we should give the people what they want," but she had not heard back as of yet.
    If true, this doesn't really surprise me.

Once Mary requested further negotiations I guess Diane probably just said, "forget it." In her mind she had done her part and Mary didn't accept the terms, which apparently were non-neogitiable. Her people probably made the offer pretty much as a "take it or leave it" proposition. When Mary decided to up the ante, Diane's people just opted out, possibly sensing more discord down the road anyway. I suspect they viewed Mary and Cindy as a package deal and decided to do all-or-nothing with regard to them, so when Mary made her subsequent demands, Cindy was just left on the sidelines as she was during the DRATS era, and Diane probably didn't feel a need to respond when Cindy tried to contact her. My sense is that they were never really all that close to begin with. She was grateful to Cindy when things got bad with Flo, but I don't think they were ever "like sisters" or anything. By the time Cindy tried to contact her she had Scherrie and Lynda lined up and things were rolling. My understanding was that The Supremes were just going to be one segment of her show anyway, and she might have thought her name alone would sell, with the nostalgia element being just an added attraction. By substituting latter-day Supremes with whom she had never before performed, however, in a sense I think she kind of underestimated and insulted the intelligence of potential ticket-buyers. The whole thing was just a big cluster-f***. But I digress. My point was that I don't think she felt Cindy needed a response by the time she made that overture. It would have been considerate, of course, had Diane returned the call and explained, regretfully, that it wasn't possible to resuscitate the effort, but that sort of thing has never really been in her repertoire. She wouldn't even negotiate with Mary one-on-one after all, and it was all done via her handlers.
    Last edited by BigAl; 12-14-2017 at 11:04 AM.

that's all great, I suppose , but we seem to be forgetting Mary 'bum rushing' Ross live on stage at Motown 25 and the subsequent book which followed; again, in Ross's position, I would not have even entertained the reunion idea to begin with, because you'd never know where the next outburst would come from, and when.. I love DMC totally, but reality is reality..

...and Cindy could have really used that money, but then it was gone in a wig pulling contest..ah well..

It seems we’re getting a little off topic. Let’s just pray for Cindy during this holiday season.

That's the best idea I've heard all day.
    She and her family wish for her to be left in peace, obviously.
    These discussions do take tangents, and I'm as guilty of digression as the next person.

Agreed..I simply reacted to reactions is all.. my original statements regarded Cindy as a totally lovely person and nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    If true, this doesn't really surprise me.

Once Mary requested further negotiations I guess Diane probably just said, "forget it." In her mind she had done her part and Mary didn't accept the terms, which apparently were non-neogitiable. Her people probably made the offer pretty much as a "take it or leave it" proposition. When Mary decided to up the ante, Diane's people just opted out, possibly sensing more discord down the road anyway. I suspect they viewed Mary and Cindy as a package deal and decided to do all-or-nothing with regard to them, so when Mary made her subsequent demands, Cindy was just left on the sidelines as she was during the DRATS era, and Diane probably didn't feel a need to respond when Cindy tried to contact her. My sense is that they were never really all that close to begin with. She was grateful to Cindy when things got bad with Flo, but I don't think they were ever "like sisters" or anything. By the time Cindy tried to contact her she had Scherrie and Lynda lined up and things were rolling. My understanding was that The Supremes were just going to be one segment of her show anyway, and she might have thought her name alone would sell, with the nostalgia element being just an added attraction. By substituting latter-day Supremes with whom she had never before performed, however, in a sense I think she kind of underestimated and insulted the intelligence of potential ticket-buyers. The whole thing was just a big cluster-f***. But I digress. My point was that I don't think she felt Cindy needed a response by the time she made that overture. It would have been considerate, of course, had Diane returned the call and explained, regretfully, that it wasn't possible to resuscitate the effort, but that sort of thing has never really been in her repertoire. She wouldn't even negotiate with Mary one-on-one after all, and it was all done via her handlers.
    Berry Gordy tried to negotiate on behalf of Mary and Cindy but even that did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Berry Gordy tried to negotiate on behalf of Mary and Cindy but even
    that did not work.
    Marv in the spirit of Christmas, let it go before a battle starts

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Marv in the spirit of Christmas, let it go before a battle starts
    What? What are you talking about?

What? What are you talking about?
    Another adventure into RTL . That’s why I said we gotten off topic and wish Cindy well during the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Another adventure into RTL . That’s why I said we gotten off topic and wish Cindy well during the holidays.

I didn't bring up RTL. Besides, everyone knows what happened anyway and
    I don't mean on this forum. I wish Cindy, David and her grandchildren all the best all the time.

I didn't bring up RTL. Besides, everyone knows what happened anyway and
    I don't mean on this forum. I wish Cindy, David and her grandchildren all the best all the time.
    I know you didn’t initially bring it up but I was trying to go back on topic

Its Cindys 78th birthday today. Wishing Cindy good health on this day so she can enjoy her birthday and hopefully have a nice time with her son and grandbabies. Wishing this lovely lady and the nicest Supreme best wishes and peace on her special day.

Fondly,

Roberta

She was a good lady, was a part of a history some people are interested in and she is getting up there.

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Cindy.................

"Berry Gordy tried to negotiate on behalf of Mary and Cindy but even that did not work."

No one ever said Ross was intelligent. She was certainly magnificent, but seemed to have no business sense anywhere in her body.
    Shame .....
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 12-14-2017 at 08:21 PM.

BG I know you want to stay on topic but I have to throw this in: I don't believe for one moment that Berry Gordy tried to do anything on Mary and Cindy's behalf. I think he was smart enough to stay out of Diana Ross' business at that point.

RTL was conceived and run by TNA/SFX promoters..they ULTIMATELY controlled the purses strings,it wasn't a Diana Ross Production.. Gordy would have had to negotiate with TNA/SFX..it came down to how the Live Nation offer would be split ..
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 12-14-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Berry certainly was involved. I don’t understand all of this secrecy about Cindy. I dont know what her diagnosis is but I do know my father was diagnosed with demenetia because he occasionally had slight memory problems. He always knew who I was. I am going to see my old boss who is about 75 and has some dementia. She loves seeing people and and her memory is pretty good. I almost wasn’t going to see her but the facility said she’d love to see you!! Nothing to hide ! Glenn Campbell made a documentary about his Alzheimer’s. Of course Cindy and her family’s wishes need to be respected . I hope she has visitors.

RTL was conceived and run by TNA/SFX promoters..they ULTIMATELY controlled the purses strings,it wasn't a Diana Ross Production.. Gordy would have had to negotiate with TNA/SFX..it came down to how the Live Nation offer would be split ..
    That's who Berry Gordy was negotiating with on behalf of Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong. It was with that asshole Arthur Fogel of SFX/TNA out of Toronto.

https://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/...d-mary-wilson/

From the above article:

Did Mr. Gordy try to intercede?

"Yes. We had a three-way conversation. I called him and then got Cindy on the phone and we talked it out. He tried to help but couldn’t because Diane was with a whole other company, this huge SMX or something like that. Berry was on our side, “our” being Cindy and I. But they wouldn’t budge."

That's who Berry Gordy was negotiating with on behalf of Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong. It was with that asshole Arthur Fogel of SFX/TNA out of Toronto.
    Once again Marvin you are totally off subject. The thread is about contacting Cindy and offering prayers for her as she deals with declining health. Only you can dredge up an event that happened over 17 years ago.

And as usual your information is wrong. Berry Gordy made one phone call on behalf of Mary and Cindy to SFX, that is hardly negotiating.

And this is why I tried to stay on topic. This topic has been discussed how many times over the years and instead of focusing on Cindy’s health we go into this madness.

Alzheimer’s and dementia can be mild but they can be very severe,

Many patients don’t know their children or spouse. Some become violent.

Some of these patients die when their organs begin to shut down due to their illness.

I know someone on one of these threads indicated Cindy’s case, whatever It is, is severe.

Alzheimer’s should never be minimized. It is deadly and steals people away from their families and loved ones.

Don't say "we" blackguy69 it's really only one guy that always has to find a way to interject misinformed garbage on here when the subject at hand does not call for it. A "man" if you want to call him that, so lonely and bored with no accomplishments of his own that he has to interject himself into the accomplishments of entertainers from a bygone period. I had to laugh when he criticized Diana's weight gain when there are pictures of him online posing with former Motowners like Janie Bradford looking twice Florence's size when she was at her heaviest. A man banished from every Motown/Supremes website except SDF for slandering singers and fans in a pathetic attempt to raise Mary Wilson to a place Mary herself doesn't want to be in.

We all know who this is. He is to be pitied.

It’s not just him . How many of you on here keep saying to ignore but choose to do otherwise. And for the record he didn’t mentioned it til someone else did.