[REMOVE ADS]

THE SUPREMES From 3 Different States ?? Ed Sullivan

Watching Ed Sullivan on the Decade Channel this morning. Ed Intruduced the Supremes singing "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" like this:

"Now Ladies and gentlemen, from three different states have been assembled The Supremes...girls"

Diana and Flo from Michigan and Mary from Mississippi. So what was the third state? Or was this just Ed being Ed? At least he remembered the group's name

I'm a bit senile, but I think I remember the original telecast and they sang "Itching" and then went right into "More" without another introduction from Ed.

But in the show I was just watching on TV, off camera , just before they sang "More", Ed Sullivan introduced them as Diana Ross and the Supremes. This is 1966. But I think this was just editing done for the Sullivan DVDs.

I loved watching them sing "More". They were a group singing side by side with Diana occasionally doing lead and finishing the song in great harmony.

The Sullivan shows were edited when they started doing the 30-minute editions as reruns. Songs were shuffled around, edited, etc.

On the original show, the girls did ITCHING and MORE in one segment. Then Ed called them over to chat and they corrected his mistake re the states. I think Ed was known for messing up his guest intros.

Later on the Supremes were from 3 different States with Mary being from Michigan, Cindy from New Jersey and Jean from Illinois. I think he may have mentioned their hometowns when they performed on the show in 1970.