[REMOVE ADS]

Johnny and Liz Someday we値l be together

Never heard this performance before. At one point Liz sounds like Patti! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQxRjyjoZP8

I like this. Liz Lands was really a good singer. It is also great to hear Johnny sing the lyric to his song in his more mature voice vs the 1961 original version with Jackie Beavers. Thank you Luke.

You池e welcome Marv. I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You池e welcome Marv. I agree!
    For one brief moment she did sound exactly like Patti LaBelle. So much talent.

Is this a Motorcity recording?

It sounds like a Motorcity production

It is a Motorcity production, one of the best, in my opinion. I love how their voices blend so well together!

It is a Motorcity recording. Every now and then they got it right.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3kD5...i77uPrgK2TnbcB How bout Johnny and Alton...Hang on in there baby! Love this song

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3kD5...i77uPrgK2TnbcB How bout Johnny and Alton...Hang on in there baby! Love this song
    Ok , now that sounds like they overdubbed Alton McClains vocals over Johnny Bristol's original 1974 recording. It says it's from a CD called "Johnny Bristol - The MGM Collection Limited Edition" - Remastered - [[2007) Label : Hip-O Select.

I never heard of this CD until now and now I want it!

I think you may be right! Johnny produced Alton and Destinys first album

There's a Motorcity version of Johnny and Liz singing 'Hang On In There Baby', which I think is pretty good.

[[I think many of the Motorcity recordings are really good, and almost all have the potential of being much better, just that the 'instrumentation' let them down. Strip that away, and we still have the mature voices of our favourite singers at a later stage in their career, many now passed...which would not have happened, but for the efforts of Ian Levine and his team..)

I could find the Johnny/Liz version, but don't know how to post it for you!....but check it out, and see what you think. Both excellent singers.

btw... I'm pretty certain that's Louvain, Marlene & Jackie, The Andantes, doing backgrounds on 'Someday We'll Be Together'. Do we agree....?

Thank you for that, theboyfromxtown !

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ok , now that sounds like they overdubbed Alton McClains vocals over Johnny Bristol's original 1974 recording. It says it's from a CD called "Johnny Bristol - The MGM Collection Limited Edition" - Remastered - [[2007) Label : Hip-O Select.

I never heard of this CD until now and now I want it!
    Hey Marv, I think I tried to find that CD before and found that it was pretty rare and rather expensive! I believe it contains Johnny's first two albums Hang On In There, Baby and Feeling The Magic and also as you said the duet version of "Hang On In There, Baby"...

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey Marv, I think I tried to find that CD before and found that it was pretty rare and rather expensive! I believe it contains Johnny's first two albums Hang On In There, Baby and Feeling The Magic and also as you said the duet version of "Hang On In There, Baby"...
    Thanks. My best bet will probably be a used college record shop. I will be in Ann Arbor near the holidays and will search for it.

Wow! Thank you...I never heard that before...I like it...Not as much as "Someday" but I like it...the original is somewhat sacred to me...Johnny's voice held up extremely well. There is something about Liz style on the Hang On In There track that reminds me very much of Jean Terrell....perhaps its the phrasing she uses [[especially on the ad libs/background parts.) There is a later day video of an interview on line...she appears to be a very "complicated" person at that time....I know she has since passed on.