[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I ordered the set twice.
    On December 1st I ordered two copies and a third one as a separate order on December 3rd through umusic.
    I’m in France and got the parcel with the two copies ordered first on December 1st this morning!
    I had paid with PayPal so it could be shipped to France.
    I’m awaiting the second parcel that should then arrive in a couple of days.
    JB
    Last edited by jbpintus; 01-04-2018 at 10:45 AM.

...I ordered mine ...and paid by paypal ...a month ago today here in the UK ...I received a confirmation email just after Christmas ...but ...as Diana would say ...I'm still waiting...!!

Grape

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    ...I ordered mine ...and paid by paypal ...a month ago today here in the UK ...I received a confirmation email just after Christmas ...but ...as Diana would say ...I'm still waiting...!!

Grape
    I contacted udiscover and have them my PayPal transaction details and asked them to track my purchase since I never got a confirmation email. The first response was to ask for my purchase order. I responded and said I didnt have a purchase order because I never got a confirmation email. And since then I've heard nothing back.
    I've given up on it really. 😠😠😠

Mine was despatched on 16th December apparently, but still not received anything. The DHL tracking number shown on my despatch confirmation shows "not available" when I log into it!

Got my MOTOWN UNRELEASED 1966 yesterday. A friend of mine in California purchased it there and sent it to me [[arrived in 14 days). The box looks really good with all the nice and rare pictures although the inlet for the booklet is very very tight. I'm satisfied with it and hope that there will be more boxes of the "Unreleased"-series in the future. Many thanks to Keith and all the people who are involved in this projekt. Name:  bild1.jpg
Views: 1756
Size:  78.8 KB

...and another picture: Name:  bild2.jpg
Views: 1825
Size:  73.8 KB

I am glad that this set is available and seems to be selling well.

That said, if the cd set comes out at the same time as the downloads, or shortly thereafter, I will buy the cd sets. If the cd set comes out a year after I buy the downloads, then I won't. I'm am tired of buying things twice because someone decided they should finally put out the cd version.

I am from the UK and this is the history of my order, hopefully it will help anyone who still hasn't heard anything.

4th Dec - Ordered the set online, just got a Paypal receipt with an invoice ID Ref. on it.
    21st Dec -E-mailed help@fhcustomercare.com which was on Paypal receipt.
    27th Dec - Received from Udiscovermusicus, shipping & confirmation details.
    28th Dec - Received from FH Customer care a reply with DHL Tracking Number.
    30th Dec - arrived at Heathrow and has been in Customs Clearance since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the mp3 download, and I wouldn't mind this CD set.
    However I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole from any of the sites mentioned on here.
    IF I see a second hand copy on Amazon or similar, I might be interested.
    What a cock- up from whoever released this set 😠

Quote Originally Posted by Calv1971 View Post
    30th Dec - arrived at Heathrow and has been in Customs Clearance since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I received an email with tracking details today. My copy has been stuck with customs at Heathrow since 30th also.
    So you are not alone!

I don't know for sure, but I expect that my order will be with the others at Heathrow. It doesn't sound great because if there are further customs charges to pay they are usually extortionate. How nice!

Today I received a 'How did we do' email from uDiscover Music asking me to rate their customer service ...here's my reply...

"...I placed an order for the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD Boxset and paid for my order by paypal on 9th December but received no confirmation email

...on 21st December I contacted you to see what was happening and got no reply

...on 27th December I received an automatic confirmation email of my order with a dhl tracking number that dhl did not recognise

...on 3rd January I received an email from 'Ryan' saying he could not find my order

...on 10th January I received an email from 'Katie' saying my query has been solved ...with a tracking no from UPS that says my order has been shipped and delivered...!!!

My order has not been delivered and am I am still waiting to receive the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD Boxset"

...I wish I'd never started in the first place....!!!!

Grape

Ha, that is where my set has been since 30th December. As soon as I saw that DHL were the carrier I thought, great import duties to pay. The thing is, my experience with them is that they not only demand the import duties but also want an extortionate amount for providing this service.

Just had a response back from DHL regarding this;

Thank you for contacting DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce regarding the delivery of your shipment.

The latest status of your shipment is: Consignee contacted for payment on December 30, 2017. The UK Custom Clearance Limited [[CCL) will send a letter or an e-mail outlining the charges imposed with the instruction how to pay.

Kindly contact UK Custom Clearance Limited [[CCL) immediately at 0208 231 0900 and provide the reference number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to get further assistance.

Once the payment has been received by the customs, it will be handed over to Yodel within 2-3 business days for final delivery.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I think this might be due to the fact that I was unable to include a UK phone number when ordering.

And yet we were forced to pay taxes to the USA when ordering the set from the UK - not sure how that works but clearly makes no difference [[in fact as it increases the purchase price it may increase the amount of customs due in the UK). Rip off all round. Might be able to recoup something by sending it back for a refund and re-ordering the UK release - or just give up on it all together.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 01-11-2018 at 04:37 PM.

I've just phoned UK Custom Clearance and told I should have had a letter to say there was import tax to pay. I never got the letter - hence the delay.
    I've just had the letter emailed. For all those in the same situation..it's £17.14 folks!
    So if any of you are in the same boat - DHL is not the place to contact. Phone Customs on 0208 231 0900 and give them the 19 digit ref number which starts with 'GM' - or if you don't have that, just give your name and address.

Lesson learned. Don't buy from Udiscover in the U.S again!

++IMPORTANT NOTE +++

For any of you who have their item in customs since 30th December - I've just read on my tax payment request letter...

'Please be advised that payment should be made by Sunday 14th of January 2018 as your goods can only be held in our Customs
    Bonded area for 14 days, thereafter we have to either return to sender or pass for destruction'

So don't delay in paying up!

Dear LakeDistrictLad
    Many thanks for supplying that reallly useful and helpful information, l have just rung the Customs, it was quick and easy to get through to someone, payment was made over the phone via card and now my parcel has been passed onto the delivery company. Thank goodness you mentioned the 14 day limit! Thanks again for your help.

I have been able to do the same. Having paid £51.15 [[$69.65) on 1st December, I've just had to pay a further £17.14 making a total of £68.29 for this CD set. I did have a GM number which helped.

I was told that letters were sent out on 30th December 2017 advising us what to do. I received nothing - no phone call, no email, no letter. Such a mess.

I can confirm that the Customs transaction was quick and painless and that the guy I spoke to [[a Tony Green) was very helpful indeed. No apologies though. It's only thanks to the posters above that I've known anything - THANK YOU. That's the real value of this Forum.

So next week, I should receive the set and I hope the trials have been worth it. I've never downloaded it so most of it will be new [[except Brenda Holloway). Much prefer a physical product though my patience has been severely tested with this lot.

Lets hope an order made through the European site of the uDiscover is going to be less of a problem and without importtaxes.
    BTW; the site now says:
    Release Date 19 January 2018
    • Sorry Sold Out

What a palaver! Although I would have liked the set, I am so glad I resisted the temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    ++IMPORTANT NOTE +++

For any of you who have their item in customs since 30th December - I've just read on my tax payment request letter...

'Please be advised that payment should be made by Sunday 14th of January 2018 as your goods can only be held in our Customs
    Bonded area for 14 days, thereafter we have to either return to sender or pass for destruction'

So don't delay in paying up!
    ...thank you lakedistrictlad...I've just paid up ...making this 4 CD set cost me a total of £71.06 / $96.88 ...this is extortionate ...never again...!!

Grape

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I've just phoned UK Custom Clearance and told I should have had a letter to say there was import tax to pay. I never got the letter - hence the delay.
    I've just had the letter emailed. For all those in the same situation..it's £17.14 folks!
    So if any of you are in the same boat - DHL is not the place to contact. Phone Customs on 0208 231 0900 and give them the 19 digit ref number which starts with 'GM' - or if you don't have that, just give your name and address.

Lesson learned. Don't buy from Udiscover in the U.S again!
    It is not Customs collecting this, it is the authorised clearance agent of DHL Global Mail US in the UK - Custom clearance Ltd. What they fail to inform you is that the £17.14 includes a handling charge payable to them as well as import duty!!!

Wow! I've received my copy and have been enjoying it. I just hate to hear of all the problems people have been having receiving the product. I was reading a thread about the Marvin Gaye and the Diana Ross Complete Albums posted a while back and people were having pretty much the same problems. Because of these problems it's going to be pretty hard for me to order from Uversal again. It seems they aren't interested in keeping return customers which is unfortunate because it's no telling what might be released in the future.

So all in all with what i paid for the UR 1966 download i have spent nearly £100 on this set..thats if i can get in touch with customs in time..if i cant then i dont know...will i get my money back?....NEVER EVER AGAIN...and they wonder why we support the bootlegs...ONE HUNDRED POUNDS?????? ...THATS WHY.

I just went through the Customs Clearance procedure, the guy was very helpful, I just read him my GM number, and my debit card details, and he said the order would be with me by Tuesday.

He knew all about this "problem shipment", had dealt with many other inquiries about it. [[Means it must be selling well, which is something!) It seems a batch of letters [[including mine) had gone astray: it had been reported to management, and an investigation was underway. He said there was no question of people not being able to get their copies if they don't pay up by tomorrow. CC would wait for a week, then send out a batch of reminder letters to those whose purchases they were still holding.

Guys having rung up and paid my £17.14 release fee yesterday [[Friday 12th) - my Motown Unreleased set arrived today [[Saturday 13th). So I am now the proud possessor of this CD set and it looks great - something to play so I'm pleased.

That's a quick turn around at the end and, yes I'm poorer and have maybe a little less hair than when I ordered it [[through frustration lol) but so delighted to have it at last. Enjoying the pics [[and Brenda looks gorgeous). Looks like a good weekend in store.

Mine arrived today. I've just got to the end of CD 4. There are so many fantastic tracks. And great to have the accompanying booklet. There's no comparison between downloads and a super box set like this.
    Note to self..if Unreleased 1967 makes it to box set, WAIT for a U.K release.

...mine arrived this morning ...but without the usual wonder and excitement I usually enjoy by these types of releases ...due to the problems of purchase and costs incurred this past month...!

Name:  MU66 F.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  MU66 B.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  97.0 KB

Grape
    Last edited by grapevine; 01-13-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Yes mine arrived the day after payment, just so thrilled to have it after all what we have gone through to get it, thanks again to Lakedistrictlad for the information given to enable to things moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Calv1971 View Post
    Yes mine arrived the day after payment, just so thrilled to have it after all what we have gone through to get it, thanks again to Lakedistrictlad for the information given to enable to things moving.
    You are welcome Calv. Glad we got our goodies in the nick of time!
    I'm loving so many tracks on this set. Cd 2 - tracks 1 to 10 is such a great listen.

I was lucky and it didn`t take that long to get the box set. I live in Germany, ordered December 4th, no confirmation, just the one by paypal and the set arrived January 6th. I had to pay an additional 10 Euros for VAT. I haven´t had time to listen to anything but the booklet is fine and I like the photos. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to listen to the music. Just to be safe I ordered again when the set was available in Europe. I think about canceling that order.

Don't cancel your second set, its value will soon rise!

How many of us have ordered 2 sets anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Don't cancel your second set, its value will soon rise!
    I think you are correct, and thank goodness I took Keith's advice and didn't wait to order mine from Amazon to save on shipping! In spite of all the hassles to get it delivered [[mine sat for about 3 weeks in limbo with DHL somewhere), look what it's selling for on Amazon US, although it is being sold by a private seller not Amazon itself.

https://www.amazon.com/Motown-Unrele...own+unreleased

Lakedistrictlad i cant thank you enough....you have been such a help...much appreciated.

Just received notification from UDM that they have refunded the $10 tax that they charged on this set.

Received mine last week from the European site together with a tote bag.

Finally got mine yesterday. A CD was loose. And two songs skip on disc 3 The Spinners TEAHOUSE IN CHINATOWN and Marvin Gaye's I FOUND SOMETHING.

Classic Motown have got more stock on the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD box set! Just in case you missed out last time:

https://store.universalmusic.com/mot...66/5QYK0000000

Motown Unreleased 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsville_Jazza View Post
    Classic Motown have got more stock on the Motown Unreleased 1966 CD box set! Just in case you missed out last time:

https://store.universalmusic.com/mot...66/5QYK0000000
    It may be hard to believe, after all this time, but, this CD set is still available. I placed an order eight days ago and it arrived today. A great Christmas present !

Quote Originally Posted by SoulgusUK View Post
    It may be hard to believe, after all this time, but, this CD set is still available. I placed an order eight days ago and it arrived today. A great Christmas present !
    I would have preferred to have the physical set, but as I already paid for the digital, I can't spend the money for the physical. My money would be better spent on something else.