[REMOVE ADS]

Musical chairs game show with adam wade & sister sledge

The first ever game show to be hosted by an African American was the short lived Musical Chairs. I can remember this as a kid but wasn't aware as to how groundbreaking this was at the time. I had no idea who Sister Sledge was at the time but it was an added treat to see them in this clip.

Another episode featuring the musical talent of Ralph Carter [[Michael on Good Times) and others

"Mr. Haley" strikes again!

I was in kindergarten when this aired, so my memories of it are misty, if actual at all. I do remember Adam Wade from Claudine and "Good Times" among other things; he has a serviceable voice!

Great to see Sister Sledge and Ralph Carter as well as the amazing Ernestine Jackson! And Shari Lewis and company were a hoot! Thank you again, my friend!

LOL, I was 9 and I do remember the show and the host, I just didn't know what a Sister Sledge or Ernestine Jackson was back then. Agreed, Sheri Lewis was very entertaining. You're very welcome.

where is Adam Wade these days?

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    where is Adam Wade these days?
    Last I saw him was in 2005's Brother to Brother playing a bartender; his hair was snow white and shorter then.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Last I saw him was in 2005's Brother to Brother playing a bartender; his hair was snow white and shorter then.
    He was a recording artist as well. I have album by him from 1960.