[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Matt Lauer?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    These women are coming out of the woodwork,when i see a pretty woman walking my way...i cross over to the other side of the continent.
    it's best to avert the eyes. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Does anybody remember this video? People behave differently in public than they would around their family. I guess if my wife [[or rabbi/pastor/priest) isn't there to witness it, it's okay. Women go through s*** that most men couldn't tolerate for a day. The reason these stories are startling is not because of the behavior, but that somebody finally had the balls to put a stop to it. It's sad when it's women who have to have balls, though.
    You made an excellent point. It is sad when it is women that have to put a stop to it. Some of the guys [[including Al Roker) knew what was up with Matt, but didn't do anything to stop him. Maybe they spoke to him about it, but that would have been all. He is an asshole because he now makes harder for all men working in a professional environment with women.

I love New York! BUT you are never going to stop street harassment I don't care how much money you raise. All women would have to wear Islamic dress and still some.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I love New York! BUT you are never going to stop street harassment I don't care how much money you raise. All women would have to wear Islamic dress and still some.
    I guarantee they'd find that sexy. With so much skin being shown on TV, in the movies, and even on the street, I'm noticing women's eyes, hair, and lips more than their cleavage these days. There's something to be said about leaving something to the imagination. Even then, I used to manage people and I've had some attractive women work for me and I never once had the inclination to pressure them into a sexual relationship or even to flirt.

I guarantee they'd find that sexy. With so much skin being shown on TV, in the movies, and even on the street, I'm noticing women's eyes, hair, and lips more than their cleavage these days. There's something to be said about leaving something to the imagination. Even then, I used to manage people and I've had some attractive women work for me and I never once had the inclination to pressure them into a sexual relationship or even to flirt.
    It is best to just keep it outside of work and then you may have to let the woman make it very clear she wants to be with you.

To be sure, sometimes signals get mixed. Sometimes women flirt. I've had them say things just to make me blush. But it's best to avoid workplace relationships for many reasons, especially between a boss and a subordinate. The odd chance of something good coming out of it is not worth the chance of something really bad happening. I've seen those relationships blow up several times and usually, the manager winds up getting fired.

it's best to avert the eyes. LOL!
    It's getting to where you can just look at a woman and she'll claim it's harassment. Obviously, what these politicians and entertainment people did is way over the top, and criminal, but what about the poor guy who just says "Hi!"? What about the guy who just wants to look? Already in the workplace, if you look at someone too long, it's grounds for separation.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    It's getting to where you can just look at a woman and she'll claim it's harassment. Obviously, what these politicians and entertainment people did is way over the top, and criminal, but what about the poor guy who just says "Hi!"? What about the guy who just wants to look? Already in the workplace, if you look at someone too long, it's grounds for separation.
    I think there should have to be some form of physical contact or clearly suggestive language used. I remember back in college certain girls would get upset if guys did not pay attention to them. They'd get downright angry. LOL! But this is a whole different situation. Matt Lauer locked his office door and showed his genitals to a woman. Another time, he had sex with another woman on a chair in his office. That is clearly over the line. I'd love to know how he is going to explain this to his kids. It's too late to try with his wife.

You won't be fired for looking at a woman. There are rules that outline a company's responsibility in this regard. If you make comments about her body or suggest a liaison, you will be fanning flames. In most instances, she is required to inform you that your behavior makes her uncomfortable so you can stop before she tells HR about it. Depending on how pervasive the action is, you'll probably be given a warning and not terminated. In any case, human resources will put something in your employee file and that alone might kill any upward mobility you had on your job. Best to keep in your pants and away from people who work with you.

You won't be fired for looking at a woman. There are rules that outline a company's responsibility in this regard. If you make comments about her body or suggest a liaison, you will be fanning flames. In most instances, she is required to inform you that your behavior makes her uncomfortable so you can stop before she tells HR about it. Depending on how pervasive the action is, you'll probably be given a warning and not terminated. In any case, human resources will put something in your employee file and that alone might kill any upward mobility you had on your job. Best to keep in your pants and away from people who work with you.
    I agree. Keep it away from work! Some companies no longer have Christmas parties because of these situations.

That's Stephanie Ruhle and she spits fire. The point that she's making is that it's not a sex thing with these thugs, it's a power thing. It's a primal itch that can only be scratched through domination. It's the same dynamic in the workplace that rape serves during war.

Either this World is too small or I just know too many damned people! LOL! I just found out that Stephanie Ruhle and I have a mutual friend!

It's a small world, Marv. I guarantee you and I are probably three associates away from knowing each other.

It's a small world, Marv. I guarantee you and I are probably three associates away from knowing each other.

Jerry you are probably right.

Another one bites the dust!

Netflix has fired 'The Ranch' star Danny Masterson after multiple accusations of sexual assault against him

http://www.businessinsider.com/netfl...ssault-2017-12

And Time magazine named the people [[not all women) who came forward as its Person of the Year. What's amazing about that is the fact that this snowball started rolling down hill in the last few months. I hope it keeps growing.

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

And Time magazine named the people [[not all women) who came forward as its Person of the Year. What's amazing about that is the fact that this snowball started rolling down hill in the last few months. I hope it keeps growing.

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/
    It should keep growing. A change is needed now. Next up I hope racial discrimination of the job is brought into focus and given just as power for a real change. This country cannot longer survive as it did in the past with all of these social injustices.

Man! They done got Warren Moon! LOL!

https://deadspin.com/lawsuit-warren-...d-h-1821065543

I saw that. I'm going through my mental notes to make sure I'm not spitting out my coffee when I log into Facebook tomorrow. Of course, being retired means they can't fire me but I don't want to be subpoenaed by the company for what I remember about something that happened years ago...

I saw that. I'm going through my mental notes to make sure I'm not spitting out my coffee when I log into Facebook tomorrow. Of course, being retired means they can't fire me but I don't want to be subpoenaed by the company for what I remember about something that happened years ago...

I am not retired, but I am minding my own business. LOL!

You won't be fired for looking at a woman.
    Oh yes you can. It has really gotten to that point. All someone has to do is claim someone made them "uncomfortable" and the company can call it sexual discrimination and get rid of them. I've had this happen at my company, too.

There are rules that outline a company's responsibility in this regard.
    One thing you forget: companies set their own rules.

Man! They done got Warren Moon! LOL!

https://deadspin.com/lawsuit-warren-...d-h-1821065543

The old Cosby trick. Drug em and rape em. Disgusting!!!!!

Oh yes you can. It has really gotten to that point. All someone has to do is claim someone made them "uncomfortable" and the company can call it sexual discrimination and get rid of them. I've had this happen at my company, too.

One thing you forget: companies set their own rules.
    I've been trained in this regard. If a woman told HR that a man leered at her, the man will be counseled, but unless she has someone that she told or some other way to back up her claim, the company cannot fire him.

People don't realize that in every recently published account of harassment or assault against prominent men, the women told others about the behavior. Reputable news organizations won't even publish such accounts without verifying that someone else either witnessed it or was told about it at the time that it occurred.

Companies set their own rules, but there has to be legally justifiable reason to terminate someone. And "she said he looked at her butt" will not stand up in court. I speak from experience.

I've been trained in this regard. If a woman told HR that a man leered at her, the man will be counseled, but unless she has someone that she told or some other way to back up her claim, the company cannot fire him.

People don't realize that in every recently published account of harassment or assault against prominent men, the women told others about the behavior. Reputable news organizations won't even publish such accounts without verifying that someone else either witnessed it or was told about it at the time that it occurred.

Companies set their own rules, but there has to be legally justifiable reason to terminate someone. And "she said he looked at her butt" will not stand up in court. I speak from experience.
    I've been trained in this too from my job. Except, my company has cameras to verify a claim. And, at least in my state, a company can move the employee to a different department, or fire that employee for no reason, but it must be in the contract, and they'd better have a reason.

Unfortunately, we have see that many reputable news organizations will publish allegations as long as they make it clear that it is an allegation. Of course, you and I both know that media can spin something to produce a desired opinion.

I am sure he is sorry and embarrassed about this too:

Matt Lauer Reportedly Fathers Two Kids From Secret Affairs

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00115977.html

You are correct. The Washington Post printed its article about Roy Moore's four accusers by listing 30 named sources. Project Veritas, a horrible conservative media outlet, tried to get them to use an account by one of their operatives but they did their homework and made them look stupid. Reputable news outlets will go on something more than someone's word when it might involve slandering a public official.

Most states have "employment at will" laws, which basically permit a company to fire someone for any reason that does not include illegal discrimination. Unless you can prove that you were canned due to your race, age, religion, national origin, gender, or a few other protected groups, they can fire you with no explanation. With that said, it opens a can of worms if they fire someone for no reason [[which is legal) after an unfounded allegation arises. That's usually not a problem because most of us are not perfect employees and any short-coming can be used against us when the company decides.

You are correct. The Washington Post printed its article about Roy Moore's four accusers by listing 30 named sources. Project Veritas, a horrible conservative media outlet, tried to get them to use an account by one of their operatives but they did their homework and made them look stupid. Reputable news outlets will go on something more than someone's word when it might involve slandering a public official.

Most states have "employment at will" laws, which basically permit a company to fire someone for any reason that does not include illegal discrimination. Unless you can prove that you were canned due to your race, age, religion, national origin, gender, or a few other protected groups, they can fire you with no explanation. With that said, it opens a can of worms if they fire someone for no reason [[which is legal) after an unfounded allegation arises. That's usually not a problem because most of us are not perfect employees and any short-coming can be used against us when the company decides.
    Firing someone that has lodged a formal complaint for whatever reason is considered retaliation and can be fought legally in right to work States.

Anthony Weiner is in prison in New York for sex texting.

Firing someone that has lodged a formal complaint for whatever reason is considered retaliation and can be fought legally in right to work States.
    I was referring to the person that allegedly harassed the complainant.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 12-10-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Anthony Weiner is in prison in New York for sex texting.
    He sexted a teenager. That's a whole different animal. I'm not sure why the FBI was involved or why it took so long to resolve the case, but that idiot needs to be locked away for life thanks to his computer being Comey's big reveal 11 days before election day.

He sexted a teenager. That's a whole different animal. I'm not sure why the FBI was involved or why it took so long to resolve the case, but that idiot needs to be locked away for life thanks to his computer being Comey's big reveal 11 days before election day.
    I wonder if he knew she was a teenager.

My money is on "yes". Can you imagine a pervert sexting someone with his baby in the background behind him?

My money is on "yes". Can you imagine a pervert sexting someone with his baby in the background behind him?
    I know of a guy that was having sex in the living room while his wife and kids were asleep in the bedrooms of their home!

He probably did. he probably knew other peers who did it, so he figured he could get away with it. Or, he was so far into it that he didn't care.

I know of a guy that was having sex in the living room while his wife and kids were asleep in the bedrooms of their home!
    What's sad is that he told somebody about it. Is that truly something to be proud about?

What's sad is that he told somebody about it. Is that truly something to be proud about?
    I gave him a sermon after I heard about it. Another time he was getting it on with a woman in his garage right behind their family home! What gets me is that he told the women and encouraged them to meet him there and in the house.

Wow. I guess some people get as much a thrill out of taking foolish chances as they do out of getting it on.

Wow. I guess some people get as much a thrill out of taking foolish chances as they do out of getting it on.
    I use to think that he wanted to get caught LOL!!!

I don't care if people swing, or if spouses approve of the other getting a little on the side, but make sure one of the kids can't wake up and pass the living room while they wander into the kitchen for a glass of water.

Most of the time, the wives know exactly what's going on.

I don't care if people swing, or if spouses approve of the other getting a little on the side, but make sure one of the kids can't wake up and pass the living room while they wander into the kitchen for a glass of water.

Most of the time, the wives know exactly what's going on.
    Well, Matt Lauer's wife sure did not know what was going on according to her father. She did believe he was a player before they got married. She is going to get at least HALF! They must file for divorce in New York State which means it will take 2 years and she will get HALF! LOL!!!

Well, Matt Lauer's wife sure did not know what was going on according to her father. She did believe he was a player before they got married. She is going to get at least HALF! They must file for divorce in New York State which means it will take 2 years and she will get HALF! LOL!!!

What will really be an "ouch" is if she went on ahead and got herself a new boyfriend to help spend all of that money she is going to get!

My wife once went to a lawyer to see how much she could get from me,after he explained how much half of nothing is...she chose to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    My wife once went to a lawyer to see how much she could get from me,after he explained how much half of nothing is...she chose to stay.
    hehehehehehehee......!

Here we go with the domino principle again. I gotta say this one doesn't really surprise me:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3738684

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Here we go with the domino principle again. I gotta say this one doesn't really surprise me:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3738684
    What? They're now digging way back into the 60s? Ben Vereen has to be darn near 80 or 90 now! LOL!

I see it was a 2015 production. Still any 22 year old woman that would take what a guy old enough to be her grandpa seriously is just grasping now.

I see it was a 2015 production. Still any 22 year old woman that would take what a guy old enough to be her grandpa seriously is just grasping now.
    I categorically disagree. Elderly men in power have been abusing women since time immemorial; you can look no further than Cosby and that idiot in the White House for two prime examples. What makes them exempt from being predators? From the sound of this story, Vereen was the one doing all the “grasping.”

Truth, sans. Add elder George Bush to that list. People want to believe that he's a harmless old man but that's no excuse. Can you imagine letting it go if Barbara Walters or Dame Judith made it a habit of groping them? It's too easy to keep your hands to yourself for serial gropers to be given a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I categorically disagree. Elderly men in power have been abusing women since time immemorial; you can look no further than Cosby and that idiot in the White House for two prime examples. What makes them exempt from being predators? From the sound of this story, Vereen was the one doing all the “grasping.”
    But in the article, he flat out tells her that he is not trying to f**k her.

Truth, sans. Add elder George Bush to that list. People want to believe that he's a harmless old man but that's no excuse. Can you imagine letting it go if Barbara Walters or Dame Judith made it a habit of groping them? It's too easy to keep your hands to yourself for serial gropers to be given a pass.
    She could have knocked his old ass out with one punch.