[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Matt Lauer?

Matt Lauer?

Mr. "Squeaky Clean"? Git outta here! LOL!!!!

You know Ann Curry is somewhere knitting with a smirk on her face.

I'm seriously not surprised. Lauer is the reason why I never watch the Today Show. He always struck me as a man who had no problem using influence to get what he wanted. The situation with Ann Curry is a great example. I'd bet Tamron Hall has stories that she can tell, as well.

Makes me think back to last year's presidential election when he hosted a forum between the Moron and Clinton where he asked Trump softball questions but dove into controversial issues for Clinton. If you weren't paying attention, you'd almost think that the Moron had no unanswered questions about anything in his past. Good riddance.

Haven't we almost gotten to the point where it would be easier to list the celebrities who have NOT been accused of sexual impropriety?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm seriously not surprised. Lauer is the reason why I never watch the Today Show. He always struck me as a man who had no problem using influence to get what he wanted. The situation with Ann Curry is a great example. I'd bet Tamron Hall has stories that she can tell, as well.

Makes me think back to last year's presidential election when he hosted a forum between the Moron and Clinton where he asked Trump softball questions but dove into controversial issues for Clinton. If you weren't paying attention, you'd almost think that the Moron had no unanswered questions about anything in his past. Good riddance.
    He lives in a $10 million house out here on Long Island and makes $25 million a year just sitting on sofa talking to people.
    I do not feel sorry for him at all! Jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You know Ann Curry is somewhere knitting with a smirk on her face.
    Smirking? She's past that. She's laughing her ass off. Instant Karma

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

You win the Internet! #DEAD 😁

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Haven't we almost gotten to the point where it would be easier to list the celebrities who have NOT been accused of sexual impropriety?
    No! They must do this one by one and slowly excoriate each one like they did with Bill Cosby.

Just yesterday they got and fired Garrison Keillor, the folksy former host and creator of "A Prairie Home Companion," for inappropriate sexual behavior!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

I love it! Go Ann!

Do you know there were many other cases with Matt Lauer? Did you know that in 2011, he called a female co-worker into his office and he pulled his pants down and his underwear to show her his penis. He then tried to get her to give him oral sex.........right there in the office. Another time he scared another co-worker into sex right there in the office! Bad boy! LOL!!!

Matt Lauer's lawyer will be telling the press that he's "extremely remorseful" and will be checking into rehab in 3... 2... 1...

Matt Lauer's lawyer will be telling the press that he's "extremely remorseful" and will be checking into rehab in 3... 2... 1...
    He's remorseful now that he's been caught, busted, fired. He was not remorseful at all when he was harassing those women or when he brow-beated Corey Feldman in an interview because Feldman did not want to disclose the names of the men that sexually abused him as a child in Hollywood. Matt Lauer was very nasty to him in that interview.

Yep......just like Spacey went into rehab within 3 days of his accusers coming forward. Matt lauer is a pig. Weinstein and Spacey should end up in jail but theyll both lawyer up like Cosby did and delay, delay delay. Franken should step down as should Conyers and I love and respect John Conyers but you cant do this stuff to women. Trump shouldnt be commenting on Conyers or Franken or anybody else knowing his disgusting sexual behavior.

Just read this on Huff Post:

Music mogul Russell Simmons said in a statement Thursday that he was stepping down from the entertainment and clothing companies he founded after another sexual harassment allegation against him.

Another p*ssy gem from President Piglet has just come out.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0a8581e67e66d

I remember. a few months ago, when Matt Lauer interviewed Bill O'Reilly about his sexual misconduct. Matt was quite aggressive to Bill with his questions

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  86.8 KB

But now when I think of that interview, I see this:

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  25.2 KB

He basically attacked Corey Feldman for not giving up the names of the men who molested him as a child.

I remember him attacking Michael Moore after his 9/11 documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11". There is no excuse for a so-called journalist to lose his objectivity to that extent. I can understand having an agenda or picking a side, but to be openly antagonistic against someone who accepted your offer to appear with you is poor form.

I remember him attacking Michael Moore after his 9/11 documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11". There is no excuse for a so-called journalist to lose his objectivity to that extent. I can understand having an agenda or picking a side, but to be openly antagonistic against someone who accepted your offer to appear with you is poor form.
    This is happening in every organization in this country. It makes you wonder about that people that hire and retain people like the Matt Lauers, Bill O'Reilly's, Weinteins, Ratners, Spaceys and on and on and on. This runs deep throughout our society and it did not just start.

I would hope that organizations would now also deal with racial harassment and discrimination in the same direct manner.

Coming out of the corporate world, I can assure you that it's different for those near the bottom. Corporations make sexual harassment awareness very clear, including the consequences for violating them. O'Reilly and Lauer would not survive one meeting with H.R. if they worked in a warehouse instead of in front of cameras. My head is spinning more from the fact that I know these companies have clear policies that protect people from hostile work environments, yet they are acting surprised that these monsters exist. None of this is a secret to anybody at Fox, NBC, the Weinstein Company, or any other corporate entity that has someone who represents them as the "face of the company" to the world. We haven't scratched the ice burg and we will not find out who all of the perpetrators are. Power corrupts.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 12-01-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Coming out of the corporate world, I can assure you that it's different for those near the bottom. Corporations make sexual harassment awareness very clear, including the consequences for violating them. O'Reilly and Lauer would not survive one meeting with H.R. if they worked in a warehouse instead of in front of cameras. My head is spinning more from the fact that I know these companies have clear policies that protect people from hostile work environments, yet they are acting surprised that they exists. None of this is a secret to anybody at Fox, NBC, the Weinstein Company, or any other corporate entity that has someone who represents them as the "face of the company" to the world. We haven't scratched the ice burg and we will not find out who all of the perpetrators are. Power corrupts.

Very well stated Jerry.

This is why I do not feel sorry for Matt Lauer one bit! I wonder how much those women are going to get:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ma...D=ansmsnnews11

Seriously, Matt, you wouldn't need to apologize if you could have kept it in your g*d d**n pants! Same as all those other sleazeballs.

Seriously, I hate being a man so much knowing that scuzbuckets like these are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Seriously, Matt, you wouldn't need to apologize if you could have kept it in your g*d d**n pants! Same as all those other sleazeballs.

Seriously, I hate being a man so much knowing that scuzbuckets like these are a thing.
    Amen to that! I am surprised none of these women didn't tell they husbands, boyfriends, fathers or brothers about this jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Amen to that! I am surprised none of these women didn't tell they husbands, boyfriends, fathers or brothers about this jerk.
    maybe they were embarrassed or maybe they were real scared of his power like all of the women were scared of Cosbys power after he Drugged and raped them.

Some good news at least:

Matt Lauer won’t get his $30 million payout, NBC bosses rule

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    maybe they were embarrassed or maybe they were real scared of his power like all of the women were scared of Cosbys power after he Drugged and raped them.
    There's a price to pay when you blow whistles. The company men will talk about how brave you were to come forward, but you'll see how they really feel when your performance reviews start becoming remarkably detailed regarding your short-comings and your once-promising career is suddenly stifled. It's hard to prove why things suddenly went sideways and they will always suggest that your review detailed all the reasons why your star stopped rising. In some cases, they make it easy for you to quit but still put the word out to other potential employers that you caused "problems" on the job. Women who don't immediately report [[Geraldo) are aware that they will be further victimized. I'm sure this is what happens more often than not.

Harvey Weinstein even told some of his victims that if they did not cooperate that they would never work in Hollywood again.

Matt Lauer was just nasty all the way around......

Graphic, Disturbing Details of Matt Lauer’s Alleged Sexual Misconduct

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ct-allegations

I never thought much of Lauer either way and didn’t pay much attention to what he was doing. But after the Anne Hathaway interview I just thought he was total sleaze.

Although a few raised their voices at the time he basically got away with attempting to publicly humiliate her. And he really seemed to enjoy doing it. Slither on. Karma’s an equal opportunity bitch. And it has visited his house. And he lives there.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I never thought much of Lauer either way and didn’t pay much attention to what he was doing. But after the Anne Hathaway interview I just thought he was total sleaze.

Although a few raised their voices at the time he basically got away with attempting to publicly humiliate her. And he really seemed to enjoy doing it. Slither on. Karma’s an equal opportunity bitch. And it has visited his house. And he lives there.
    He thought he was so above it all, that he could get away with anything.

He thought he was so above it all, that he could get away with anything.
    That's their common thread. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" [[John E. E. D. Acton)

I keep hoping that this will get bigger but I can already sense its shelf life expiring. No emphatic voices are being heard from anyone with authority suggesting that something beyond punishing those who get caught. This problem is prevalent and pervasive in our society. It begins in high school [[or before) and thrives in fraternity houses and campus bars. Our culture endorses this behavior by failing to correct it once and for all.

Look at what happens when a star basketball or football player is accused. Entire campuses and communities come out in support of them without having a clue as to the situation or their behavior off the field. It doesn't matter, so long as they score for the Team. Remarkably, opinions of them change once they take the uniforms off but that's a different situation, so I digress.

To make things worse, Betsy DeVos, our beloved Secretary of Education, recently weakened Title IX protections for colleges and universities that ensured investigations into allegations of sexual assault. She'd prefer to make things harder for the victims in order to protect the reputation of the perpetrators. She's just another deplorable face on a culture that is stained in the taint of systemic sexual violence.

I keep hoping that this will get bigger but I can already sense its shelf life expiring. No emphatic voices are being heard from anyone with authority suggesting that something beyond punishing those who get caught. This problem is prevalent and pervasive in our society. It begins in high school [[or before) and thrives in fraternity houses and campus bars. Our culture endorses this behavior by failing to correct it once and for all.

Look at what happens when a star basketball or football player is accused. Entire campuses and communities come out in support of them without having a clue as to the situation or their behavior off the field. It doesn't matter, so long as they score for the Team. Remarkably, opinions of them change once they take the uniforms off but that's a different situation, so I digress.

To make things worse, Betsy DeVos, our beloved Secretary of Education, recently weakened Title IX protections for colleges and universities that ensured investigations into allegations of sexual assault. She'd prefer to make things harder for the victims in order to protect the reputation of the perpetrators. She's just another deplorable face on a culture that is stained in the taint of systemic sexual violence.
    Betsy DeVos is slime. Matt Lauer is slime. They may be rich, but they are still slime. They intentional hurt other human beings for their own advancement and pleasure.

Betsy DeVos is slime. Matt Lauer is slime. They may be rich, but they are still slime. They intentional hurt other human beings for their own advancement and pleasure.
    Ask yourself a question: With as much as they already have, what drives them to take more from those who have so much less? How greedy do you need to be?

Ask yourself a question: With as much as they already have, what drives them to take more from those who have so much less? How greedy do you need to be?
    Power, God-complex, the "I am so far above you, I can decide if you eat starve" mentality. Matt and these guys are not dumb. They knew better than to do that to women on the job or elsewhere. You and I know that it is not appropriate behavior [[at least you should know by the time you leave high school). They do it because they believe that they are more important than these women and that nothing will be done to them. A woman commentator on MSNBC [[she co-hosts a show with Ali Velshi) said today the only common sense statement I've heard so far from a professional media person. She said "if you just have to have a piece, go get it outside of work!" It's crude and very direct, but it is the most common sense advice from a man or woman I've heard with all of the discussions going on currently.

As far as how much more do these people need? Their "needs" are tied to psychological problems I believe. For some of them, everything is not enough. For me, I just need what I need! LOL!
    Last edited by marv2; 12-03-2017 at 04:24 AM.

Do you think NBC knew?

Power, God-complex, the "I am so far above you, I can decide if you eat starve" mentality. Matt and these guys are not dumb. They knew better than to do that to women on the job or elsewhere. You and I know that it is not appropriate behavior [[at least you should know by the time you leave high school). They do it because they believe that they are more important than these women and that nothing will be done to them. A woman commentator on MSNBC [[she co-hosts a show with Ali Velshi) said today the only common sense statement I've heard so far from a professional media person. She said "if you just have to have a piece, go get it outside of work!" It's crude and very direct, but it is the most common sense advice from a man or woman I've heard with all of the discussions going on currently.

As far as how much more do these people need? Their "needs" are tied to psychological problems I believe. For some of them, everything is not enough. For me, I just need what I need! LOL!
    That's Stephanie Ruhle and she spits fire. The point that she's making is that it's not a sex thing with these thugs, it's a power thing. It's a primal itch that can only be scratched through domination. It's the same dynamic in the workplace that rape serves during war.

That's Stephanie Ruhle and she spits fire. The point that she's making is that it's not a sex thing with these thugs, it's a power thing. It's a primal itch that can only be scratched through domination. It's the same dynamic in the workplace that rape serves during war.
    I understand and I hope people will learn from these current highly publicized cases. If they don't then lawsuits should begin to fly freely.

I have a NSFW video that sums up the whole situation very well.

Warning: some people will be offended by the man's language, but if you bear with the video, you will see why he used the language that he did, and how it is relevant to his message:

Thank you Soulster!

He's 100% right. People in power who suggest that "something needs to be done" or "we need to do better" are the ones who enable racism and sexism to thrive. Paul Ryan making sure Congress goes through sexual harassment training is a joke. Everybody who has perpetrated it knows that it is wrong. Congress' procedure for reporting sexual harassment is evidence that they choose to ignore it by making it difficult for victims to report it. Most people would quit than follow that process to the end.

http://www.msnbc.com/velshi-ruhle/wa...-1096588355609

He's 100% right. People in power who suggest that "something needs to be done" or "we need to do better" are the ones who enable racism and sexism to thrive. Paul Ryan making sure Congress goes through sexual harassment training is a joke. Everybody who has perpetrated it knows that it is wrong. Congress' procedure for reporting sexual harassment is evidence that they choose to ignore it by making it difficult for victims to report it. Most people would quit than follow that process to the end.

http://www.msnbc.com/velshi-ruhle/wa...-1096588355609
    Exactly! More training is just PR move. It's like after some of those high profile police shootings of unarmed black men, the police departments and commentators always bring up that more training needs to be done. I find it funny that they don't need more training not to shoot white people.

You are trained at home how to behave in public and definitely if you are a guy, how to behave around women.

By the way, he's wrong to suggest that corporate classes about sexual harassment and unlawful discrimination are to let people know that the behavior is wrong. There is a presumption that the behavior is unwanted and cannot be allowed to exist in a social setting. The classes are to protect the company by letting perpetrators know that there will be consequences for such behaviors. Fox didn't come out of pocket to the tune of millions because of Bill O'Reilly's behavior. They paid up because they knew about it and failed to follow their own guidelines.

I heard talk today that Lauer may not face criminal charges, but there is a good chance that he will sued.

I am pretty sure he is going to lie to his kids about this situation.

I heard talk today that Lauer may not face criminal charges, but there is a good chance that he will sued.

I am pretty sure he is going to lie to his kids about this situation.
    The thing that irritates me the most is that so many will be allowed to pretend that they didn't know [[or at least suspect) that this was going on at NBC News. If Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb were as close to him as they suggested, they heard something or saw something that should have given them a clue. Maybe they thought that it was a "joke" around the office that his predation was "Matt being Matt". It could be that an assistant asked someone to never let her be alone in a room with him. Or something that he said one day when they were alone. But I'd bet my life savings that the only surprise for them was the fact that he was caught, not that he was found to be a serial predator.

These women are coming out of the woodwork,when i see a pretty woman walking my way...i cross over to the other side of the continent.

Does anybody remember this video? People behave differently in public than they would around their family. I guess if my wife [[or rabbi/pastor/priest) isn't there to witness it, it's okay. Women go through s*** that most men couldn't tolerate for a day. The reason these stories are startling is not because of the behavior, but that somebody finally had the balls to put a stop to it. It's sad when it's women who have to have balls, though.

The thing that irritates me the most is that so many will be allowed to pretend that they didn't know [[or at least suspect) that this was going on at NBC News. If Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb were as close to him as they suggested, they heard something or saw something that should have given them a clue. Maybe they thought that it was a "joke" around the office that his predation was "Matt being Matt". It could be that an assistant asked someone to never let her be alone in a room with him. Or something that he said one day when they were alone. But I'd bet my life savings that the only surprise for them was the fact that he was caught, not that he was found to be a serial predator.
    They are lying! They did know. I have worked in offices all of my working life and women TALK! Even someone the ones he tried it on with talked and probably met with the response to not say anything or that it meant nothing. Matt has been said to have been hitting on women at NBC since his beginning there 20 years ago . They knew.....